Sponsored

Newbee here, need some help with coolant, Thx!

VooDooCatT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I bought a used 2018 mustang GT for about half a year.

Recently I found that the coolant has a lite bit lower than the low-line. (it`s not clearly on the photo, but I`m sure it`s lower than that line)
I want to add some to make it back between that 2 lines, And as we knew there`re different color coolants on market and we better not mix most of them. I did some research and learned that the original coolant of it should be Motorcraft orange and it`s replaced by the yellow one these years.

But, cuz it`s a used car, and it`s really really looks like red color here. I think as a 3 years car, the coolant in it normally should not have been replaced, so I`m kinda struggling here.

The question is:
Is it the orange one in my car? Cuz I`m trying to find the same kind of coolant as they recommended.
And if it is the correct one. should I add the Motorcraft yellow coolant that selling on Amazon? Cuz it costs more than most brands on the market. I don`t know if it is necessary or do I have another better choice? I mean the cost of the coolant is not the point, just wanna know which way is the best.

Thx for all the help here!

20210916_181659.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought a used 2018 mustang GT for about half a year.

Recently I found that the coolant has a lite bit lower than the low-line.(it`s not clearly on the photo, but I`m sure it`s lower than that line)
I want to add some to make it back between that 2 lines, And as we knew there`re different color coolants on market and we better not mix most of them. I did some research and learned that the original coolant of it should be Motorcraft orange and it`s replaced by the yellow one these years.

But, cuz it`s a used car, and it`s really really looks like red color here. I think as a 3 years car, the coolant in it normally should not have been replaced, so I`m kinda struggling here.

The question is:
Is it the orange one in my car? Cuz I`m trying to find same kind of coolant as they recommended.
And if it is the correct one. should I add the Motorcraft yellow coolant that selling on Amazon? Cuz it is costs more than most brands on the market. I don`t know if it is necessary or do I have another better choice? I mean the cost of the coolant is not the point, just wanna know which way is the best.

Thx for all the help here!

20210916_181659.jpg
You don't need much, and can probably top it off with distilled water without losing much freeze resistance.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
As for being concerned about the level of coolant, as long as it's below Min and Max lines when the engine is HOT, it's fine. I'd say don't worry about it. Regarding the coolant type, yes you have the Orange one. It's recommended to change it to the newer Yellow one as it's less corrosive than Orange one.

OP
OP
VooDooCatT

VooDooCatT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As for being concerned about the level of coolant, as long as it's below Min and Max lines when the engine is HOT, it's fine. I'd say don't worry about it. Regarding the coolant type, yes you have the Orange one. It's recommended to change it to the newer Yellow one as it's less corrosive than Orange one.
Thx for the reply, so can I just add yellow into the orange with no problem? or do I have to change the whole coolant