Help me understand E85

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
How about longevity of the gatos / cats?
Been running a flex tune for about 3 years car is solid. Just wondering about the cats.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
How about longevity of the gatos / cats?
Been running a flex tune for about 3 years car is solid. Just wondering about the cats.
All things being "equal" it won't affect anything with your converters. Assuming you run the same lambda or % of optimal A/F ratio. The only thing that would hurt the cats is if you're running richer all the time and the reality is probably the opposite. With high ethanol content, because of the additional knock resistance you can run a little leaner than with pump gasoline and still not experience knock. But if the A/F is equivalent, shouldn't see any effects with the cats.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Last edited:

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Are you running factory exhaust or LTHs?

I blew out my high flow cats on my 2019 Bullitt. I had been running E85 for over three years. I also burned up a stock fuel pump. Both of these issues occurred with about 7K miles on the car.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...t-failure-and-broken-weld-on-mid-pipe.191891/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/suspected-bad-fuel-pump-2019-bullitt-on-e85.189945/
I’m running stock cats. I’ll order the fuel pump this week. Thanks for the heads up!!

No issues with the mechanical fuel pump ?

For cats, maybe some cat less headers if I’m going to pull the trigger….

Are you cat less or upgraded cats? My cat had been tuned for E85 for about 50k with no issues… knock on wood. Only thing I do is run 91 octane occasionally, change my oil at 3k, got a catch can and Rutheum spark plugs, which have an about 30k in them. Tuned by Juggernaut.
Sponsored