Sponsored

Help me pick a tuner for EB

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Said

I have the exact same feelings and sentiments going from unleashed to Adam. Torrie was an amazing guy to work with and on point, but my tune + tune was night and day. Just the accesport itself is worth it. All of the tech it has, an I'm not sure what the gripe is about other companies talking smack about data logging. Anyways, I challenge anyone to run multiple devices, and tell me that the Cobb and Adam aren't the best overall. Usually the people praising the companies haven't gone out and tried what else is out there, I have. Obviously my opinion, but I still set the challenge. Ken Compton said it best, driving a 700hp ecoboost mustang and it's just so damn smooth and clean, that's how I would describe my sub 400 rwhp EB. Fine tuning at its best.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Lund is cheaper than unleashed.... Just saying

That's who UPR used by the way
The SCT does not feel like a cheap Christmas toy. :lol:

Just kidding... hey, when I was looking, it was either SCT or Cobb.

When dealing with something I admittedly don't know much about, I like to stick with the "main players".

Back when I got my tune, it was unleashed vs. whatever company adam was with at that time. I made the choice to go unleashed.

And from what I learned, if I really were going to do it right, I'd find a local tuner and dyno my car/get tune... but hey...

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Just out of curiosity can some give me a logical reason as to why someone would go with Cobb/Adam over Lund/Jon?
Why just those two tuners? The AP design and ease of use makes it a cut above in my opinion.

As an aside, do you ever feel like you have an itch you just can't scratch?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
The SCT does not feel like a cheap Christmas toy. :lol:

Just kidding... hey, when I was looking, it was either SCT or Cobb.

When dealing with something I admittedly don't know much about, I like to stick with the "main players".

Back when I got my tune, it was unleashed vs. whatever company adam was with at that time. I made the choice to go unleashed.

And from what I learned, if I really were going to do it right, I'd find a local tuner and dyno my car/get tune... but hey...
Lund isn't a main player? They're probably one of the best mustang tuners in the world.... There's a reason UPR goes with them.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Why just those two tuners? The AP design and ease of use makes it a cut above in my opinion.

As an aside, do you ever feel like you have an itch you just can't scratch?
Have you used an ngauge? I've played with countless AP's and I can tell you the ngauge is just as easy to use and has all the same options as an AP. Not to mention it looks like it belongs in a mustang (literally)

Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
If money is not an option, I would go Cobb AP. I came from SCT X4 before Cobb AP. I had Bama on the sct before I switched over to Unleashed. Torrie from unleashed is awesome with tune and customer service. I hate how it take too many step to just datalogs and you can only log once.

I came over to Cobb and with tune+. I can said that Adam is awesome with tuning my car and customer service as well. The AP is so easy to use. You will never look back if you go with Cobb AP.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Why is that?
He's prob talking about how you can mount it in one of the PP guages, but personally I could care less about that. The AP rocks, e30 rocks and not everyone is doing e30 tuning either. I know torrie and Adam do, livernoise doesn't and I don't think kind does

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Access Port

I used SCT on my 2011 V6 with Bama and then switched to MPT. Both were just so so.

On my 2015 Mustang Ecoboost I listened to suggestions and ended up going with Adam and Cobb AP. I originally was running a 93 OTS map from Cobb.

1. Gauges are slick on the AP. I am monitoring AFR, Ignition correction for Cylinder 1 and 3, OAR, Boost and another one that just isn't coming to my mind at this time. So up to 6 gauges in real-time to monitor.
2. I also like to mix e30 and their is a fuel level input monitor/guage that I add when I want to fill up so I know how much fuel is left to get the proper mix.
3. I have had over 30 revisions(No kidding) for Stock intercooler, Upgraded intercooler, Even better intercooler, 93, e30, Tune+ IWG, Cat-Back Exhaust, a week of bad gas when I first started tuning, Really good gas after we figured that out, weather conditions. I've never had a tuner that has worked with me this much to get my car dialed in.
4. The data logging inputs are really good with Access port.
5. I have protection on my tune against LSPI with Cobb/Adam (Tune+)
6. Adam at Tune+ has consulted with me to help me decide on my Full-Race intercooler, Race-Clutch/Flywheel for Ecoboost, and will eventually help me out with my turbo upgrade in 2017.

Not a lot of tuners are that detailed and he also works with other vendors to help customers get the best custom turbo kits, exhaust kits, suspension kits, Internal wastegate, Meth tuning, e85 kits and tuning, transmission tuning, and more.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
He's prob talking about how you can mount it in one of the PP guages, but personally I could care less about that. The AP rocks, e30 rocks and not everyone is doing e30 tuning either. I know torrie and Adam do, livernoise doesn't and I don't think kind does
Or an air conditioning vent which I would never do here in Florida

Sponsored

dsabat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
My 2 cents;

I bought a Livernois tuner because they have been tuning Ecoboost Fords since day 1. Their baseline tunes were advertised to add ~65hp and 80ftlbs. Cobb was nowhere near this.

When I first got it, all I had was a drop-in filter. They sent 3 tunes, one for 91, one for 93, and a stock tune. The car went from 6.2s 0-60 times to 5.6, same road, same conditions.

Then I got a CPE intercooler. I emailed LMS and they sent me new tunes for this change within 24 hours. No charge.

Then I got a downpipe. I emailed LMS and they sent me me new tunes for this change within 24 hours. No charge.

Datalogging is nice, but it's a small sacrifice. I woudl much rather have a safe, strong tune that is backed up by a long track record of reliability.

The car is now running consistent sub-5 0-60s in the August heat, with stock tires, and I cannot complain a bit.

Dean

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Lund is cheaper than unleashed.... Just saying.
Interesting. The cheapest I can find the Lund nGauge for is $549. I purchased my SCT X4 with 2 custom tunes, a summer and winter tune from Unleashed for $449, and Unleashed will further customize those tunes after you install them and datalog. Now the SCT X4 is a basic device, with a fairly basic display, but it can display and log and can hold multiple tunes, and has all the necessary functionality you need from a tuning device, and I would stack Unleashed customer service against any other tuner. What did you pay for your nGauge and how many tunes did you get for that price, and did they work with you to verify the tunes?

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Lund is cheaper than unleashed.... Just saying
Interesting. The cheapest I can find the Lund nGauge for is $549. I purchased my SCT X4 with 2 custom tunes, a summer and winter tune from Unleashed for $449, and Unleashed will further customize those tunes after you install them and datalog. Now the SCT X4 is a basic device, with a fairly basic display, but it can display and log and can hold multiple tunes, and has all the necessary functionality you need from a tuning device, and I would stack Unleashed customer service against any other tuner. What did you pay for your nGauge and how many tunes did you get for that price, and did they work with you to verify the tunes?

Lund does SCT tuning I believe if I'm not mistaken, they don't just use the Nguage

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I went with the Cobb Accessport and Adam for my tuning. This was after roaming this forum for nearly a year before I even bought my car, and seeing feedback on all the different tuners etc. But I knew I wanted to use the Accessport as my tuning device, as I've dealt with several friends who've had them on their STi's, EVO X's etc, and it was a fantastic tool. I ended up choosing Adam as my tuner based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback from every customer he's had, as well as a personal friend of mine having their ecoboost mustang tuned by Adam as well. Adam's customer service is second to none, he is fast and efficient with his work. I bought his single tune E-file, which for the money is a steal, and Adam had the tune completed in 5 revisions. Car runs flawlessly, it runs faster now in 100 degree heat than it did with Cobb OTS map in 50 degree winter air, which blows me away. Only thing left for me to do atm is get his wastegate, redo the tune and get his transmission tune as well.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
My 2 cents;

I bought a Livernois tuner because they have been tuning Ecoboost Fords since day 1. Their baseline tunes were advertised to add ~65hp and 80ftlbs. Cobb was nowhere near this.

When I first got it, all I had was a drop-in filter. They sent 3 tunes, one for 91, one for 93, and a stock tune. The car went from 6.2s 0-60 times to 5.6, same road, same conditions.

Then I got a CPE intercooler. I emailed LMS and they sent me new tunes for this change within 24 hours. No charge.

Then I got a downpipe. I emailed LMS and they sent me me new tunes for this change within 24 hours. No charge.

Datalogging is nice, but it's a small sacrifice. I woudl much rather have a safe, strong tune that is backed up by a long track record of reliability.

The car is now running consistent sub-5 0-60s in the August heat, with stock tires, and I cannot complain a bit.

Dean
Thanks for sharing your experience Dean, we appreciate it greatly! :cheers: There is definitely no substitute for experience with modifying the EcoBoost.
Sponsored