Sponsored

Help me pick a tuner for EB

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I'm not sure what tuner to go with myself. I want a custom tune, and Tune+ seems to be in high regards here, and has been helping the community with all the Ecoboom scares and paranoia. But I'm still waiting to join the FB group months after asking to join. He also offers lifetime tunes for whenever you keep adding upgrades and such to your car, which is really appealing to me.

Livernois is literally 30 or so minutes from my house, but they don't offer custom tunes to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong)? But they've been tuning EB motors since the start and I've heard nothing but good things from them.

So it's between Tune+ and Livernois for me.
Livernois will do a custom tune. They will modify any of their tunes to the customers liking. Granting that its safe for the engine. My suggestion is if you are that close to them just shoot Jamie an email. I'm sure he will hook you up.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
If being an EcoBoom scares you, stick with the only vendor that can honestly claim to never have boomed an Eco!

We do modify tunes on a daily basis for many of our clients! Some people prefer to have more or less aggressive shifting logic, slightly altered rev limiters, etc...

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Op

Op, all of the ecobooms were from older build date engines. I think all of the major player tuners are safe and aren't going to blow up your engine. What it comes down to, and people seem to neglect to see, is how you the customer treat your car. Are you getting the supporting mods once you tune? Are you using plug in modules in top of tunes? Are you changing your oil, and plugs to ensure the safety of the car? All of the things I mentioned, will def lead to issues or unsafe conditions for your motor. Unless you happen to be one of the unlucky ones with an older motor in the car. E30 tuning is amazing, and only a couple of the guys are doing these kinds of tunes for the EB. The power you gain, going from 93 to e30 is almost comparable to going from stock tune, to aftermarket tune. Read pages and pages of what the majority use on here as far as tuning, and you can't go wrong. I have had 4 different tuners on my vehicle and can actually give an opinion based on other companies (not all) in the market, and I have been with tune + for 20k without a hicup. I know much is debated about data logging and so on, but let's take that out of the equation. How does on the fly map switching sound? Being able to auto click to an economy map and get above 30mpg, then pull into a gas station, put e85 and 93 in the car, click the other map on the fly and get close to 350rwhp conservatively with fbo!!!! Oh and launch control, and now the newest release and testing of the traction control system to give you the availability to use all that power you have coming out of the read tires and hook!!!! Who does that? Cobb AP and tune + that's who! Good luck
Sponsored