GT350Nick

GT350Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2017 GT
Where are you located ? I live in south Florida, and am in process of listing my 2016 Oxford White GT350R for sale. Has the spin on oil filter, but has not had any issues or consumed any oil in the 20,000 miles I have driven it. PM me if interested
Thanks for reaching out! I’d potentially be interested if the car has stripes and if the price was right. Feel free to message me.

- Nick
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thank you so much everyone for your help and input! Especially @Inthehighdesert and @MAGS1.

I inquired about the car last night and unfortunately it’s now pending sale.

Going to monitor the market closely over the next few weeks and hopefully jump on something soon.

Thank you again for all the help, y’all are awesome.

- Nick
Well that’s a bummer for you! They do move the Shelby’s pretty quickly there. I usually watch their inventory, will let you know if I see another one pop up. Good luck in your search!

OP
OP
GT350Nick

GT350Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2017 GT
Well that’s a bummer for you! They do move the Shelby’s pretty quickly there. I usually watch their inventory, will let you know if I see another one pop up. Good luck in your search!
Appreciate you man! I'll update this thread as well if I have any luck or need input on another R.

- Nick

MK262556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I’d take my chances on a one owner garage queen vs a multiple owner car with a lot of miles. No telling what a car like that has been through. And it would come with a lower price also. The market is what it is, the price is fair based on a lot of recent R sales with similar miles up in this area (I’m local to the selling dealer and I track their listings pretty closely). If you’re not willing to pay the price, that’s fine. There are plenty of people who will. That car will not be there long.

As to values, I don’t see GT350/R values crashing (at least the clean, low mileage ones) any time soon. Ford is pretty much indicating that they won’t be using the Shelby license on S650 (there’s still time for that to change though). If that’s truly the case, the S550 is likely the last run of GT350/R and GT500. If anything, values will start to climb as there won’t be another opportunity to get one. Just my perspective on it.

As for the “Shelby premium”, your profile picture indicates you also paid the Shelby premium for a lovely GT500. So are we talking out of both sides of our mouth here?? I don’t know what your point was in bringing up the Shelby premium if you too indeed own a Shelby.

We all have different opinions/perspectives on these things. If I were the OP, I would absolutely inquire about the Lightning Blue R. Just my $0.02
Cool to each their own. I wouldn't payoff anyone's investment. I make my own investments.

MK262556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
What’s the point of this. You’re not a buyer. And most likely never will be. Sorry posts like this are the same nonsense over and over again. The market is what it is.
I didn't know my Wealth Advisor posted here.

Hey Bryce, did you get my last e-mail? I didn't know you were into Mustangs. Good stuff! 👍

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You be you. :captain:

I didn't know my Wealth Advisor posted here.

Hey Bryce, did you get my last e-mail? I didn't know you were into Mustangs. Good stuff! 👍

Last edited:

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Well, this is a 2018 GT350R with 1,100 miles, so it's either a collector's car, garage queen, or an investment car. I'm not paying the Collector's Car Fee, the Garage Queen Fee or even worse....the Investment Car Fee.

I'd offer $70K to $75K for it, if not walk away from it. As the extended warranties on these GT350s expire, they'll lose more value anyway (per the market), the Voodoo is not a cheap engine, and it carries the licensed- Shelby premium.

I'm not a car collector, so I'd want to drive it like any regular American. 😎
Funny thing is, there isn’t much premium in that car at all - probably one of the reasons it sold so fast. And you can offer below market on cars all you want, maybe you eventually get lucky and find someone desperate / snag a good deal…but at days end, market value is based on supply and demand, and that’s two things working in the 350’s favor, and things I don’t see changing anytime soon. On the contrary, supply will just continue to go down as they’re not making cars like this anymore, and demand only up as more and more folks wake up to how special and unique this machine is (myself included).

And the comment about the warranty is complete BS. I’d argue there’s zero value in these cars at this point for warranty…we’re not talking about a family SUV here, guys buying these cars are purist enthusiasts…and if you want the 350 experience, than this is the only way to have it, with or without a warranty. And in 5-10 years when clean examples of these cars are worth more than they are today, hopefully someone digs this post back up!

Simple reality is, the standard depreciation curve for cars like this just doesn’t apply, especially in a world where the NEW market has nothing even close on offer, and likely won’t…but don’t take my word for it, let’s have the market tell us who’s right.

Best of luck OP, nothing like an R and I’m sure you’ll find a good one!!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Omg I’ve been drooling over it but it’s out of my price range :(
I hear you. Out of mine too. That’s been pretty much the normal price for similar R’s from them. And they don’t sit long either

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Beautiful car! I’m biased of course, but its good to see these cars are holding their value very well. Especially considering the external factors. I feel for those looking and wanting one, but I don’t think we’ll see the values go down but just the opposite.
I agree, I don’t think we’ll see values go down on the R’s anytime soon. Especially the clean, lower mileage examples. Especially if the Shelby badge gets shelved by Ford/FP for S650, which appears to be the case.

I was there yesterday checking out the Code Orange CFTP they have for shits and grins (out of my budget but hadn’t seen the color in person yet) and I took a quick peek at the R. It’s gorgeous and super clean. Whoever buys it will be getting a great looking car.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That code orange cftp is actually priced well. This one, painted stripes, just brought very good money. But I still think it was bought under market with the fee at 115k.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-73/

I agree, I don’t think we’ll see values go down on the R’s anytime soon. Especially the clean, lower mileage examples. Especially if the Shelby badge gets shelved by Ford/FP for S650, which appears to be the case.

I was there yesterday checking out the Code Orange CFTP they have for shits and grins (out of my budget but hadn’t seen the color in person yet) and I took a quick peek at the R. It’s gorgeous and super clean. Whoever buys it will be getting a great looking car.

Big Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ex-350R
Link to the car is expired and didn't read the whole thread but I owned one last year, got totaled, intending to get another, but realized prices definitely jump headed into Summer (probably normal for this type of car). I'm sure someone linked the red 2017 on BaT that sold for $90k recently ... that's simply someone with more money than brains. BaT is a great place to go overpay for a car but the usual 200-300 pictures and potentially-vicious peanut gallery can be a real benefit to the buyers

I recently saw a local blue no-stripe 2019 R in good shape, no problems with history, ~10k miles for $69k, sold within 48 hours at a Ford dealer. That seems like a realistic deal in today's market. I guess I wouldn't buy a pre-19 at all but if I did, it would have to be a better value proposition than that ^
Sponsored

Last edited: