Looking to buy gt 350r spoiler aftermarket

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Looking to buy new or used (excellent condition if used) a GT350R aftermarket spoiier wing , preferably Anderson Composite or similar high quality. Thanks ! This is for my gt 350
Sponsored

Last edited:

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Looking to buy new or used (excellent condition if used) a GT350R aftermarket spoiier wing , preferably Anderson Composite or similar high quality. Thanks ! This is for my gt 350
Are you doing this because you like the look or for additional downforce at the track?

<TED>

OP
OP
sagonzal2000

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Are you doing this because you like the look or for additional downforce at the track?

<TED>
Hi Ted, Both . Just bought the car a few months ago and looking to track it this summer with my buddy. Thanks!

Last edited:

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Hi Tef, Both . Just bought the car a few months ago and looking to track it this summer with my buddy. Thanks!
Then you need to be sure you get a good one. Billy Johnson has pointed out that many of the aftermarket "R" spoilers are not shaped like the factory spoiler in important respects. I have also have friends with aftermarket "R" spoilers who have noted that their spoiler doesn't maintain its shape at speed. The factory spoiler definitely makes a difference (according to Billy who should know), but an aftermarket unit that looks similar may be a waste of money if you are buying it for performance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sagonzal2000

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Then you need to be sure you get a good one. Billy Johnson has pointed out that many of the aftermarket "R" spoilers are not shaped like the factory spoiler in important respects. I have also have friends with aftermarket "R" spoilers who have noted that their spoiler doesn't maintain its shape at speed. The factory spoiler definitely makes a difference (according to Billy who should know), but an aftermarket unit that looks similar may be a waste of money if you are buying it for performance.
Ah ok ! Thank you Ted! I didn’t think of that .

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Avoid the swapping of spoiler, the additional holes in the deck lid, the expense and just buy a wicker bill. A wicker bill can be fitted to your stock spoiler and is slightly adjustable and looks badass. To many knock off R spoilers.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hi Tef, Both . Just bought the car a few months ago and looking to track it this summer with my buddy. Thanks!
Mechanical grip before aero grip. If you haven't installed a BMR lockout kit or Steeda cradle braces, you might as well delete this thread.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Mechanical grip before aero grip. If you haven't installed a BMR lockout kit or Steeda cradle braces, you might as well delete this thread.
Actually he needs to also include camber plates as well.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Actually he needs to also include camber plates as well.
NEED I'd say is probably a stretch but not outrageously. Frankly, he'd be fine without them. I'm assuming his track experience is not overly high considering the context of this question but of course they never hurt. They should definitely come before that stupid wing though (okay, it's not "stupid" but like I said before, so INSANELY overplayed).

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Don't cheap out on this one. I was driving behind a GT with an R knock-off spoiler and the thing was bouncing all over the place.
Yep.

It's all about lbs of downforce right? Basically if you're afraid to put all of your body weight on that thing, you're cheaping out. Look at the numbers and put two and two together. HUNDREDS of lbs of downforce can be involved with a lot of these OEM vetted aero tweaks. I'm sure most of us are around, what 170 - 250lbs? Sit on it. And if it's unstable, then you have your answer.