Sponsored

Hellion Kit Owner's (Chime In)

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was considering a Paxton Beefcake special for my DD. But now I'm thinking of getting Hellion Twin kit. My questions are:
1. Do you daily drive your car?
2. In stop in go traffic is there any heating issues?
3. Have you noticed any engine components that needed to be moved, tucked or anything that has melted/burned since installed?
4. Since installing the kit have you had any regrets, would change anything, coat, wrapp ect. with kit prior to install?
Thanks for your time!
  1. I drove my setup daily for months
  2. No issues in stop and go traffic. I did a cooler thermostat when I installed the kit. I live in Texas with highs easily over 100, no problems.
  3. Nothing was melted or burned. I took my time installing and heat wrapped the items just like the instructions said to.
  4. No regrets, awesome system. Makes great power.

I did 800rwhp on E85 with 12-13 lbs of boost. Drove out to the track on 20's, trapped 138mph in 6000ft air and drove it home with my A/C on and cooled seats going.

I was an early adopter of their S550 kit as well and had it running June of 2015. I talked to John @ Hellion many times about concerns or install questions. The company is top notch with high quality parts and the best service! :cheers:
Sponsored

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
i'm coming at this from both angles, as we have a car with a TT bay mounted setup (not a Mustang) and we are doing a low mount for the S550.

TT in bay, fuck yes it get's hot, buit if it's setup right that shouldn't be an issue. we have had this

in the car for 10 years, no fatiguing on parts etc. there's little or no heat wrap/shielding either. the car is not a daily, does about 100 miles a week. the main thing everyone notices is the intake pipe sitting directly on top of the turbine housing, telling us how much a 1500F housing is heating up our intake charge, we know how much it heats it up 2F difference before and after :p air travels at a couple hundred feet a second so there is not much time to heat up.

now why did we decide to go low mounts on a 2 reasons

1. we don't have any pipes needing to hang low
2. we don't have to mess around with the cooling system, can stay factory.

at the time of us starting to do one we only knew about Hellion, after we started doing low mount on S550, we heard about others. we have done them on our Holden Commodores (in Australia) for well over 10 years all without issue and all perform well

we have tried alot of cooling systems in the car above, only issues we had was with the radiator, having a large 3-row alloy radiator especially polished it attracted alot of heat, we went from aftermarket back to Subaru 1-row cooler, with small alloy tanks welded on the side. it all works, car runs 8.24@167 on a 275 radial, weighs 3250lbs, so we know it's making a good 1200hp through the little 4L Toyota V8

i like the Blackbird system, soon as saw long tube i wanted it for my own personal car, but, the log manifolds work also. if you think there is no proven S550 making power with low mount then people must have forgotten about this
[ame]

OP
OP
Pincushin3819

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
  2. No issues in stop and go traffic. I did a cooler thermostat when I installed the kit. I live in Texas with highs easily over 100, no problems.
  3. Nothing was melted or burned. I took my time installing and heat wrapped the items just like the instructions said to.

I did 800rwhp on E85 with 12-13 lbs of boost. Drove out to the track on 20's, trapped 138mph in 6000ft air and drove it home with my A/C on and cooled seats going.

I was an early adopter of their S550 kit as well and had it running June of 2015. I talked to John @ Hellion many times about concerns or install questions. The company is top notch with high quality parts and the best service! :cheers:
Awesome feedback! This is what I was looking for from Hellion owners. :clap2:

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Moosa, what kind of engine is that in your picture? At first I thought early hemi, then I saw the cam belt, then I saw the ford oil fill cap, so I thought FE-based sohc motor, but those had chains, not belts...

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pincushin3819

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Moosa, what kind of engine is that in your picture? At first I thought early hemi, then I saw the cam belt, then I saw the ford oil fill cap, so I thought FE-based sohc motor, but those had chains, not belts...
4L Toyota V8

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
yeah mate, lil 4L 1UZ, they are out a Toyota V8 very similar to our modulars. both quad cam, 6-bolt mains. we have old Garrett cast wheel 62mm turbo's on it, pushing about 1200hp. we are going to put some Precision's on it and let it eat. has went 8.24@166 in full street trim, 3200lbs.

[ame]

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
i would go with the Turbos i think they make more power to i might be wrong tho
Sponsored