Sponsored

HELLION BOOSTS THE WORLDS MOST POWERFUL GT350!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I know turbos are much less parasitic however there is still a certain amount of back pressure created at the low RPM range prior to positive boost. This is one reason I would be more interested in the Boost Works kit that designed their own manifolds. Unless I missed it Helion just used the stock.
That's why you remove cats J/k. A well specced will go positive at very low rpm
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
That's why you remove cats J/k. A well specced will go positive at very low rpm
Understand, most of my turbo experience was with 4 bangers but we always tried for the shortest and most open down tube. 4 cylinders are not torque monsters and most guys go with bigger turbos for dyno queens which helps make them shit down low.

I have never had a turbo 8 cylinder.

Boost works has a ton of info, call them.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Hellion does supply an S197 left side header for their GT kit. When I asked them about the exhaust manifolds and that shorty GT 4-1's could be used since this is a turbo application for the GT350 they said they tested different headers and designs and there was no gains since the 55's turbos are so efficent. They could of included some GT headers in their kit since they already supply one side for the GT kit instead of redesigning and have to fabricate a whole different set of hot pipes for the GT350 but they choose the latter.

I have some question I posted as well and I really wish Hellion would comment on this tread and no go dark.

I've been closely reading boost works kit but its stalled out since sept of last year. They were looking for a development car and then went out and bought one and it ended there.. But if you go to their website is says now shipping so not sure why they didn't update their customer base regarding the outcome and development details. On the website turbo kit details it says quote "Pair / 304 Stainless 4-1 tubular turbo manifolds *NOW STANDARD! " and there are no other options offered.

It looks like boost works kit has a shorter path to spool the turbos but than longer one for the intake suction side. Hellion is the opposite and both use different turbos because of it with boost works being larger 58mm. Not sure the turbo requirements hot and cold side on the length from one to the other and boost works again hasn't updated so no clue on numbers to compare the two. So its all subjective without an apples to apples comparison. Both cars were shooting for 1000 wheel hp and built lower.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63174&page=2

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62541
Give them a call, they believe they have created a kit that synchronizes the exhaust pulses going to the turbo.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I know turbos are much less parasitic however there is still a certain amount of back pressure created at the low RPM range prior to positive boost. This is one reason I would be more interested in the Boost Works kit that designed their own manifolds. Unless I missed it Helion just used the stock.

Hello.

Yes, we utilize the factory headers in our kit. They are amazing, and work very well for this application. There is no need to use a different design. Hope this helps.

Team Hellion

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been closely reading boost works kit but its stalled out since sept of last year. They were looking for a development car and then went out and bought one and it ended there.
This is actually my car. Although it does seem like it has stalled out, I am pushing hard to get this car complete. I was at the shop Monday and the block was finally back awaiting assembly.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Also you don't get the nice whinning sound of a Supercharger going down the road.
Are you new to mustangs? I can't count how many supercharged 5.0s have ditched the blower be it centrifugal or twin screw for a turbo setup. Turbo makes more power efficiently. Everyone is going turbo, even regular 911s from Porsche are getting turbod from factory.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would anyone do this with a gt350R ? It destroys the whole purpose of the car(bye bye handling)and destroys resale value. Oh well to each his own.
The people that do this probably don't give a shit about driving on the road course.
I used to think the same thing with the Boss 302, specially since it has the shitty MT82. But different strokes, and the turbo kits add a ton of power.

I'm a road course guy and love the fact that someone did this. The GT350 doesnt share a motor and its cool to see the FP V8 getting fed by two turbos. :hail:

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Are you new to mustangs? I can't count how many supercharged 5.0s have ditched the blower be it centrifugal or twin screw for a turbo setup. Turbo makes more power efficiently. Everyone is going turbo, even regular 911s from Porsche are getting turbod from factory.
For sure, follow the Turbo crowd. Except for Hellcats, Corvettes and maybe the new GT500.......:cheers:

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Ask them how they feel when they get dragged by a turbo 5.0.
those days will be gone when the new srt demon hits the streets.

i've also seen some mustangs with twins have their asses dragged by procharged cars.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
those days will be gone when the new srt demon hits the streets.

i've also seen some mustangs with twins have their asses dragged by procharged cars.
I'll wait for results, because I havent seen (maybe its few and far between), but I dont see any hellcats in the 8s or even 7s. Quite a few 5.0s are at that point, and most of them are turbo cars.

Show me a procharged 5.0 (using stock motor) thats faster than this TT car on stock motor:
[ame]

Edit:
Not sure why this is even up for debate, I checked the fast list for 2011-2014 and 2015 and up. Not surprised, its dominated by turbo cars:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16739 < 2015 and up
2011 and up is in SVTP 2011+ 5.0 section

Last edited:

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I'll wait for results, because I havent seen (maybe its few and far between), but I dont see any hellcats in the 8s or even 7s. Quite a few 5.0s are at that point, and most of them are turbo cars.

Show me a procharged 5.0 (using stock motor) thats faster than this TT car on stock motor:
the 3 grand leftover from procharger over turbos creates $$$ to make it a non-stock motor.

There is a Houston area procharged 2015 that is also running a 200 shot that is a MONSTER. SHE is also a fantastic driver and has quite a few track kills against TT cars.

She destroyed me last year in my galaxie which is a TT408 sbf putting out right around 815 to the wheels ( small tire) on the tune that was in it at the time . I'm also about 100 lbs lighter than her in that car.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.