Headers and mbrp street.

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
I have my 2021 with catless longtubes and mbrp street. It’s starting to get to be to much noise for me. Cold starts are loud. I’m okay with the sound until about 2500rpm. Then it sounds like I’m racing going 40mph. I was thinking the stock system with just a h pipe or stock resonator with a axle back? What should I do?
Sponsored

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
out of curiosity do you have videos of that setup?

OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I would say stock mufflers with h-pipe would be the best bet.
Stock mufflers with res delete just sound too tinny and shallow. Corsa Touring or AWE Touring rear section sound great with long tubes and 0 drone.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Stock mufflers with res delete just sound too tinny and shallow. Corsa Touring or AWE Touring rear section sound great with long tubes and 0 drone.
Mbrp street is pretty quiet as well with stock headers. I think another axel back will have the same problem.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I would say stock mufflers with h-pipe would be the best bet.
Yep, this is the best sound possible. 👌 I had an h-pipe with the active exhaust and it was glorious. 😍 Then I screwed it all up with headers and now it's loud asf all the time, even in Quiet Mode.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I now run the Borla Touring system. Basically a 3 muffler system. I’m catless and still have the 2 1/4” neck downs at the connections. I love this exhaust. Most younger drivers complain it’s too quiet, but I think it’s perfect and I can make it very quiet with little to no load.

I previously ran the AWE Touring. Amazing sound with cats. However, when I gutted the cats out, became way too loud for me.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I have my 2021 with catless longtubes and mbrp street. It’s starting to get to be to much noise for me. Cold starts are loud. I’m okay with the sound until about 2500rpm. Then it sounds like I’m racing going 40mph. I was thinking the stock system with just a h pipe or stock resonator with a axle back? What should I do?

I had the same setup and it was unbearable. I have stainless works cats and mbrp resonators added and it sounds amazing. I get so many compliments on the sound driving around. I'd get you a cold start video but its pouring outside.

Sponsored
OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Yep, this is the best sound possible. 👌 I had an h-pipe with the active exhaust and it was glorious. 😍 Then I screwed it all up with headers and now it's loud asf all the time, even in Quiet Mode.
damn I was kinda hoping the h pipe stock mufflers would be better.

I now run the Borla Touring system. Basically a 3 muffler system. I’m catless and still have the 2 1/4” neck downs at the connections. I love this exhaust. Most younger drivers complain it’s too quiet, but I think it’s perfect and I can make it very quiet with little to no load.

I previously ran the AWE Touring. Amazing sound with cats. However, when I gutted the cats out, became way too loud for me.
is it the sport or touring? I don’t remember what they call it. And I was looking at the awe touring some videos it sounds not to loud and others it does.

I had the same setup and it was unbearable. I have stainless works cats and mbrp resonators added and it sounds amazing. I get so many compliments on the sound driving around. I'd get you a cold start video but its pouring outside.
i don’t wanna chop anything up I would rather just buy the right one.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
damn I was kinda hoping the h pipe stock mufflers would be better.

is it the sport or touring? I don’t remember what they call it. And I was looking at the awe touring some videos it sounds not to loud and others it does.

i don’t wanna chop anything up I would rather just buy the right one.
This one.

53E7B530-8F83-425F-B044-3EAE83EF10E4.png

OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey