Sponsored

Has anyone ordered a Mach 1 yet

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
One of the dealers I talked to in Michigan said he had all of his sales guys put in orders so they could have them on the lot. premium, HP 10R80, Elite was the one I saw but they had two.

My wife is going there today to see it since I'm back home in Virginia. I might buy that one and give the one I ordered to a buddy, it's Due date is November week 1.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The only worrisome thing is the 100 mile trip to the mountains in November on the Handling Pack tires.
UPS. you need "winter" wheels and tires anyway. Plenty of $600/set wheels to pick from. Have the dealer swap rims as soon as it comes off the truck.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly can't remember the last time that a stock unit mach 1 was available to order. It is completely possible they placed a "retail" order just to get a vehicle into stock because of the limited availability.
the Sheehy dealer here did that. Ordered 5 cars, one each for their sales guys on the floor. None of them took receipt and were eventually sold to actual customers.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
26/4 HP delayed from September 6th to September 27th week over the last few days.

Not sure what to say.
Yeah it’s really, really bad. It would be different if in March they would have said it will be built in September. But after 13 (maybe 14, I’m losing track) delay emails from Ford, who know how long this goes on? There’s zero reason to expect that this is really it this time.

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
I mean it’s an indie company. What can you do?

In all seriousness, this is absolutely ridiculous. I agree with you. A multi billion dollar company operating like they are making shit in a garage is disgusting. I mean get your shit together and hire some people who can do run comprehensive approximation algorithms and get clear outlines. And then hire some leadership who can turn around this shit show.

Next thing you know they ask for a few billion dollars of subsidy to build faster and then push that money into stock buybacks like they have done in the past. Disgusting.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
I mean it’s an indie company. What can you do?

In all seriousness, this is absolutely ridiculous. I agree with you. A multi billion dollar company operating like they are making shit in a garage is disgusting. I mean get your shit together and hire some people who can do run comprehensive approximation algorithms and get clear outlines. And then hire some leadership who can turn around this shit show.

Next thing you know they ask for a few billion dollars of subsidy to build faster and then push that money into stock buybacks like they have done in the past. Disgusting.
So I am no fan of making excuses for big companies, but I don't think it is fair to blame Ford for these complex set of issues. First of all, Ford was the only Automaker who did not take one penny from the federal government. They had their finances in order, unlike the rest of the auto manufacturers. They made tough managerial decision early ahead of the market disaster that impacted their employees and their supply chain.

Secondly, you cannot blame Ford for the global pandemic that impacted an entire supply chain that encompasses people (labor), manufactured parts, silicon chips, delivery of products (transportation), border entry (custom clearances), etc. There is still a silicon shortage across the globe. People are coming back to work and risking getting sick from this deadly virus. Vehicle production and delivery will remain impacted for the next 12 to 18 months. Will some people get vehicles before others who may have ordered before them, yes. Others like me, will have to wait.

Finally, can Ford have managed some of the things that were in their control better, absolutely. Customer service and communication needs to improve dramatically, and that is not only Ford that needs to improve that. Many companies fell flat in that department during this pandemic. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback, buy how many of us have managed during a pandemic before and had lessons learned on how to manage during a once in a lifetime event?

When your business is dependent on others having the information we are also wanting, you are at the mercy of someone else's customer service and communication. Prime example the silicon problem that will last for the next 12 to 18 months. I am sure Ford is not happy with this either. The stock market has already made adjustment in the stock pricing for this, even though output from all the Asian fabs have increase production 60% to try to increase capacity for their customers.

My point here is this is a very complex and fluid situation. To just blame Ford is a bit disingenuous. Ford needs to be blamed on things they are doing wrong, which are in their control, in order to learn what their customers expect, but we also should be mindful on how the market is impacting Ford's production.

Last edited:

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Does anyone know when 2021 production ends and 2022 to starts for the Mustang? With all these delays on the HP cars I wouldn't mind just getting a 2022.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
So I am no fan of making excuses for big companies, but I don't think it is fair to blame Ford for these complex set of issues. First of all, Ford was the only Automaker who did not take one penny from the federal government. They had their finances in order, unlike the rest of the auto manufacturers. They made tough managerial decision early ahead of the market disaster that impacted their employees and their supply chain.

Secondly, you cannot blame Ford for the global pandemic that impacted an entire supply chain that encompasses people (labor), manufactured parts, silicon chips, delivery of products (transportation), border entry (custom clearances), etc. There is still a silicon shortage across the globe. People are coming back to work and risking getting sick from this deadly virus. Vehicle production and delivery will remain impacted for the next 12 to 18 months. Will some people get vehicles before others who may have ordered before them, yes. Others like me, will have to wait.

Finally, can Ford have managed some of the things that were in their control better, absolutely. Customer service and communication needs to improve dramatically, and that is not only Ford that needs to improve that. Many companies fell flat in that department during this pandemic. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback, buy how many of us have managed during a pandemic before and had lessons learned on how to manage during a once in a lifetime event?

When your business is dependent on others having the information we are also wanting, you are at the mercy of someone else's customer service and communication. Prime example the silicon problem that will last for the next 12 to 18 months. I am sure Ford is not happy with this either. The stock market has already made adjustment in the stock pricing for this, even though output from all the Asian fabs have increase production 60% to try to increase capacity for their customers.

My point here is this is a very complex and fluid situation. To just blame Ford is a bit disingenuous. Ford needs to be blamed on things they are doing wrong, which are in their control, in order to learn what their customers expect, but we also should be mindful on how the market is impacting Ford's production.
Anyone who is selling or manufacturing anything electronic is having major issues right now. People have no idea that chips critical to the manufacture of RF communications equipment is almost non existent at the moment. How’s that for safety.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone who is selling or manufacturing anything electronic is having major issues right now. People have no idea that chips critical to the manufacture of RF communications equipment is almost non existent at the moment. How’s that for safety.
Agreed. That is my whole point is that there is a complex set of issues that are beyond Ford's control. Let's hope we can return to normal sooner rather than later, but understand that it will take some time.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

People want what they want when they want it. Period. Everything is an Amazon truck or a drive through away and unfortunately, that has developed into a culture of petulant customers. compounded that with the supply chain issues challenges businesses are facing and it’s quite obvious where that’s headed. Are we spoiled?. Yes, we are. But we’re the greatest country in the world, and the market will rise to demand regardless of forces attempting to undermine our efforts. I’m just hoping it doesn’t take too long.

Last edited:

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG

Nobody is saying that it’s all Ford’s fault and it’s certainly not me. COVID has impacted everyone and there are lessons to learn.

But to suggest that a multi billion dollar company cannot learn these lessons quickly and figure out constraints down the line and align their consumers on basic expectations is a big issue. To say that it’s okay, and this could have been better is a huge understatement and relegation of responsibility.

You don’t need to take their back. They have a bunch of money to fill in for that.

——

Regarding Ford getting incentivized by the government, they have been both loaned and subsidized over decades. A simple Google search can give more accurate figures.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People want what they want when they want it. Period. Everything is an Amazon truck or a drive through away and unfortunately, that has developed into a culture of petulant customers. compounded that with the supply chain issues challenges businesses are facing and it’s quite obvious where that’s headed. Are we spoiled?. Yes, we are. But we’re the greatest country in the world, and the market will rise to demand regardless of forces attempting to undermine our efforts.
Hence why the British created a market economy here in all the five eyes. :cool:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
They are trying hard to get it to you for Christmas, guys, just be patient! :like:

A lot easier to add the wheels and aero than the heated memory seats.
Not quite. You'd miss all the programming of several units. For example the HP tyres have quite a bit different diameter and it's programmed to count with that so it doesn't cause problems with traction control or ABS. There's difference in suspension and its tuning too.

I'd advise to borrow a car for a weekend every now and then to satisfy your thrills. You can test various cars, it will cost some, but not that much and summer is ending in 2 months anyway. My friend just borrowed me his 540i for a few days (since my only car VW Passat has transmission problems and awaiting service) and it's fun to test other cars.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
People want what they want when they want it. Period. Everything is an Amazon truck or a drive through away and unfortunately, that has developed into a culture of petulant customers. compounded that with the supply chain issues challenges businesses are facing and it’s quite obvious where that’s headed. Are we spoiled?. Yes, we are. But we’re the greatest country in the world, and the market will rise to demand regardless of forces attempting to undermine our efforts. I’m just hoping it doesn’t take too long.
Hopefully the greatest country in the world learns a few lessons from all of this and starts manufacturing at home
Sponsored