Sponsored

Harmonic balancer removal

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
MAF makes a flywheel holding tool, but you have to take the starter out to use it. Which if you've ever done you know what a glorious !@#%#&^&#%^^%&$%^%&@$% the starter is.

I was able to put a prybar across the water pump bolts and surprisingly the belt held tight enough to torque it to 120.
Sponsored

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok question guys, i'm able to get the bolt trick on but how much force does this need, i tighting down so much i'm just spinning the block, i don't think impact is the right move so how hard did you have to spin it to get it to start moving???? I feel like i'm good and on straight as i can be with puller, just nervous i guess to put so much force on it. I'm manual and do have it in neutral

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Ok question guys, i'm able to get the bolt trick on but how much force does this need, i tighting down so much i'm just spinning the block, i don't think impact is the right move so how hard did you have to spin it to get it to start moving???? I feel like i'm good and on straight as i can be with puller, just nervous i guess to put so much force on it. I'm manual and do have it in neutral
Put it in 6th gear, and engage the parking brake

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Are we talking like put 100 150 ft pounds of torque or more??
Just depends on how stuck it is. Newer cars are easier, but several years of North East salt and corrosion shit can certainly make it harder. Just make sure your puller has a good grip on the pulley and that you have the correct sized end piece or rod that goes inside the crank snout. If you are using something too big, you might be binding up against the pulley.

Sponsored

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just depends on how stuck it is. Newer cars are easier, but several years of North East salt and corrosion shit can certainly make it harder. Just make sure your puller has a good grip on the pulley and that you have the correct sized end piece or rod that goes inside the crank snout. If you are using something too big, you might be binding up against the pulley.
Well this is 2019 with 20000 on it. And it doesn't see snow, hence why in a bit abrehensive hitting it with my purse

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Well this is 2019 with 20000 on it. And it doesn't see snow, hence why in a bit abrehensive hitting it with my purse
What tool are you using to remove it?

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Put it in 6th gear, and engage the parking brake
This did it, thanks once the motor stopped spinning it started to move, note for others it's going to feel like your hitting 80+ foot pounds every crank on a standard 1/2 rachet till it comes off

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase