Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Those Steeda motor mounts are going to add NVH into the car. What is acceptable is a matter of preference. If you want to run the strut bar slightly trimming the edges will give you sufficient clearance. If you're not comfortable using a grinding disc, any competent shop should be able to make the modification quickly and at a minimal cost.
I have a whipple and got the strut bar to fit with about 15 minutes of work.
strutbar.jpg
What did you do to make it fit? That looks awful tight.
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Do you have experience with these mounts, or are you just guessing?
I do and they do add some nvh. Some have had issues with false knock using them. It will also change the pinion angle of the ds so that’s something to think about.
I removed them for stock when I added the blower.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The studs are long enough why not add a spacer?

Tukman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp2 Roush stage 2 Mustang GT/ 2019 Bullitt
Most people with SC use spacers on the strut brace. I saw someone on the forum used and sells spacers but I don’t know the name

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Most people with SC use spacers on the strut brace. I saw someone on the forum used and sells spacers but I don’t know the name
With spacers is there still enough hood clearance with the stock hood. A concern would be sufficient clearance between the brace and the SC for engine flex under hard acceleration.

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I fit the tall Boss manifold under the Strut bar with Steeda MM's utilizing a 3/4" drop. BMR also makes a Engine side bracket that lets you lower the engine 1/2" and keep the stock MM's. I have both working together but mostly for clearance.

Also, Here is a nut that allows you to use a slightly bigger spacer on the Strut tower. EngiNerding rule of thumb for Fasteners is you only need as many threads engaged as the width of the fastener. That is the magic minimum to reach Tq specs most of the time.

BMW part # 51717895241
BMWnut2.jpg

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The factory strut bar is also stamped steel so if you're froggy enough, you can use a press to slightly compress the rolled edges to give slightly more clearance.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The other solution is the Steeda Extreme G-track brace [four point] that goes under the car. I didn't want to deal with the pinion angle, etc. of lowering the engine. And as a few mentioned only the PP cars come with the tower brace anyway. This is not an 'emergency' by any stretch of the imagination.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Dealer is installing the Roush Phase II. I have the Performance Pack. That has the strut tower brace. The brace no longer fits because of the SC. I called Roush and they were NO Help. Unfreakingbelieveable.

Does anyone have a solution for a tower brace that will fit over the SC? Gotta solve this ASAP as I'm picking up the car next week.

Really appreciate the help.
If you lay the tower brace over the blower, will the hood close? If so buy or have made threaded spacer nuts, screw onto strut bolts to extend the reach and use bolts to secure it down. If the hood will not close, have a tower brace made to fit around the blower to where it will secure to the strut bolts. That is what I will do when I install my Whipple. Good luck

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The strut to cowl brace is the important one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If you lay the tower brace over the blower, will the hood close? If so buy or have made threaded spacer nuts, screw onto strut bolts to extend the reach and use bolts to secure it down. If the hood will not close, have a tower brace made to fit around the blower to where it will secure to the strut bolts. That is what I will do when I install my Whipple. Good luck
Thanks. They're installing the Steeda motor mounts.
I would hope the hood closes.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So reading through this, I just wanted to clarify on the 18-21 cars the brace will not fit unless you lower the motor. Spacers or shaving the brace will not work since the gen 3 hood is too low.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
^This.
That's why they're installing the motor Mounts. It's also supposed to provide additional benefits.

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
^This.
That's why they're instsing the motor Mounts. It's also supposed to provide additional benefits.
That is what I read. Usually lowering your engine can negatively affect the asymmetry of your drivetrain, oil pan height ETC, but it must be ok if Roush does it with their kits.
^This.
That's why they're instsing the motor Mounts. It's also supposed to provide additional benefits.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I haven't read anything negative about the motor Mounts. Many people do it. It's a very minimal change.
Sponsored