(Hagerty) Supra vs Mach 1 vs 400Z

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think the Z with a proper setup is still going to be a hell of a car.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The front end of the Mustang appears to dip between gear changes at the 1min, 14 sec mark, looks similar to a manual car for a brief second or so. Likely just uneven track surface.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm really curious to see what the full reviews of this car are going to be like. Seems like the reviewers like it so far but are split as to whether they like it more than the Supra or not.

I probably won't get a Z because nothing compares to the sound of a V8, but if that wasn't a concern to me, I'd consider getting it.

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping for a $45k performance pack 400Z price point, $51k is just so close to the Supra.

Also, if you tuned all 3 of these it would be a completely different race as FI has such an advantage in this area.

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I'm really curious to see what the full reviews of this car are going to be like. Seems like the reviewers like it so far but are split as to whether they like it more than the Supra or not.

I probably won't get a Z because nothing compares to the sound of a V8, but if that wasn't a concern to me, I'd consider getting it.
I love the Z and it was in a big need of a styling update BUT man, it sounds like a Dyson Hair Dryer, kills the excitement. v8 Power FTW!

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I love the Z and it was in a big need of a styling update BUT man, it sounds like a Dyson Hair Dryer, kills the excitement. v8 Power FTW!
It'll likely sound great with a Borla exhaust or something similar. But I don't think it's going to sound better than the Supra and especially not better than the Mach 1. I'm usually a pretty restrained driver but that Coyote sound tempts me to do stupid, stupid things lol

OP
OP
2JZ LOL

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Also, if you tuned all 3 of these it would be a completely different race as FI has such an advantage in this area.
You guys are lucky with the unlocked ecu. I just had to pay 3800$ to get my Supra unlocked.. I imagine the Z will be locked for a while with a high price tag

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are lucky with the unlocked ecu. I just had to pay 3800$ to get my Supra unlocked.. I imagine the Z will be locked for a while with a high price tag
That get you the TCU also? I thought I remember reading they just unlocked the supra trans recently.

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I was hoping for a $45k performance pack 400Z price point, $51k is just so close to the Supra.

Yes, if you tuned a Whipple on the Mach it would be a completely different race /s

All three of these cars are awesome, honestly I ended up with the Mach because I truly need the rear seats for my kids. I'm glad there are so many good options for ~$50k out there right now (and the ecobeast and GR86 for ~$30k)

OP
OP
2JZ LOL

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
That get you the TCU also? I thought I remember reading they just unlocked the supra trans recently.
It’s recent. But no that cost does not include a TCU, that’s another 1,000 😂

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
They could at least get the horsepower right on the Mach 1.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
The front end of the Mustang appears to dip between gear changes at the 1min, 14 sec mark, looks similar to a manual car for a brief second or so. Likely just uneven track surface.
I'll have to watch again, however, I will say that when my tires have slipped some it has bouced at the end of the band for a moment before shifting and basically getting a late shift because of it. Happened to me once going from 2-3

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
highly entertaining as usual. But when you KNOW the press car doesn't have the same grade of tire as the ones you're racing against, does NOBODY have a freaking credit card to put the same tires on the wheels?
Sponsored