Sponsored

Guess kids never change....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Pulled into my local Wawa and got out just to see a GT350 Heritage edition drive by. I pulled out my phone and txt my dad about seeing it.

Just as I did some 12yo kid come out of the Wawa and see my car. At which point one yells "Thats a Bullitt! It's a real Bullitt! I have to go tell my dad!" and runs off at full speed.

Guess deep down kids never change.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Glad to hear it, way too many of the younger generation are more concerned with tik tok than cars.
My 23 y.o. daughter knows several kids from high school and college that have no interest in cars or getting a license. They just call an uber when they need a ride.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
now that my 5yo can recognize mustangs on sight, I Am teaching him the differences, we saw a bullitt today, the previous gen not a S550, but still. he can recognize the cobras (just calls them snake mustangs), and once my mach 1 gets in next month, it'll be quick learning for recognizing those.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This reminds me of a story when I was in my 20ā€™s. We were driving along, not my current wife of course, me driving my ā€˜88 Mustang GT and I pointed at a another killer car parked on the side of the road, I canā€™t remember which one now, but I got hit in the arm because it was being driven by a very cute girl. I am like ā€œI was pointing at the car!!ā€. Needless to say that ended quickly.

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Hey I get excited when I see a GT350R. šŸ™‚
I drive my buddies R on occasion and it gets unusual amounts of attention compared to my GT of the same color and vintage, so I know youā€™re not alone. Iā€™ve had a handful of people at stoplights ask for a rev. The most notable, was a little kid in the back seat that rolled down his window and asked ever so politely. One of the biggest smiles Iā€™ve ever seen materialized about two seconds later.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I drive my buddies R on occasion and it gets unusual amounts of attention compared to my GT of the same color and vintage, so I know youā€™re not alone. Iā€™ve had a handful of people at stoplights ask for a rev. The most notable, was a little kid in the back seat that rolled down his window and asked ever so politely. One of the biggest smiles Iā€™ve ever seen materialized about two seconds later.
Ha, i was just driving through my markets parking lot and there was a dad walking with his kid. The dad yellwed out at me "lets hear it!"

I've also had dads ask me if I could "drive away loud" because his kid loves cars.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Ha, i was just driving through my markets parking lot and there was a dad walking with his kid. The dad yellwed out at me "lets hear it!"

I've also had dads ask me if I could "drive away loud" because his kid loves cars.
Sounds about right. The dad gave me a huge thumbs up while the kid was just stuck smiling.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I had a nice word from a red 2011 Camaro SS owner and his small kid tonight. He pulled up to me while I was sitting at a red light and gave me a complement on my GT/CS. Naturally I returned the compliment. The SS looked new for an 11. Very well kept. Car people are some of the best out there. I even let him leave first when light turned green. šŸ˜ didnā€™t want to dump our dinner take out order šŸ˜

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Absolutely love this thread :sunglasses: :)

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Mmmm Wawa...how I miss it so. I think I would do some questionable things for a pretzel and diet lemon tea right now lol

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Mmmm Wawa...how I miss it so. I think I would do some questionable things for a pretzel and diet lemon tea right now lol
Is Wawa similar to a Sheetz, Quik Trip, or Bucees?