Sponsored

GT500 vs ZLE

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Interesting. I wonder what GM changed.

No, but one look at the ZL1 fast list and you can see their hero times of 10.9's with a majority of runs being in the 11.4 range.

We haven't even seen hero runs (negative DA) from the GT500 yet. With 10.6's already had, it's pretty safe to say they will be in the 10.4 range. Anyway you cut it, the GT500 so far appears to be 0.5+ seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile where it matters.
Many of the hero times are unverified as truly stock.

It’s often like the guy with the C7 Z06 doing crazy numbers as the “stock record” yet he’s doing slicks burnouts and has an aftermarket line lock... with Underhood mods unknown. but it’s stock, because it’s on a list and his Youtube video title says so.

With the GT500 multiple 10.6 and 10.7 times, it is verified stock. Tires and all.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You really can't read, can you?
i read where he said the gt3rs was faster than a zle, and i read the gt500 was about to beat, and then nearly tied the gt3rs.. whats innaccurate?

Everyone cares about biased testing.

One company is known to lobby. The other is known to let the customers do the talking.

Read the rest of my post above. Easy solution.

The GT500 has already been shown to be at least half a second faster in the quarter multiple times by non-pros. When your professional can’t come close to that... and then complains about the brakes that are are admittedly better than the competition... yeah. Good luck with that.

All this is doing is exposing what goes on with bias. Ford was wise to do the press event with average people doing runs along with the press.

And in today’s culture, we have so much information available in real-time, that it is so easy to spot fake news.
this is their game. argue argue argue, disgregard facts and data, then argue something your not saying, after a few ays, back to the original argument as if they were never schooled the 1st time..

You can't compare 10.7's and 10.9's on a prepped surface for the GT500 to instrumented verified unprepped surface testing that shows 11.4 being the "on the street" number.
tehnically the only times you need to talk about, are dragstrip times. there are no slips from random sections of pavement.

why would accept a "street" dragstrip run, but then disqualify a makeshift route around my neighborhood? are they both not "real world street" times?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
i read where he said the gt3rs was faster than a zle, and i read the gt500 was about to beat, and then nearly tied the gt3rs.. whats innaccurate?

this is their game. argue argue argue, disgregard facts and data, then argue something your not saying, after a few ays, back to the original argument as if they were never schooled the 1st time..

tehnically the only times you need to talk about, are dragstrip times. there are no slips from random sections of pavement.

why would accept a "street" dragstrip run, but then disqualify a makeshift route around my neighborhood? are they both not "real world street" times?

That’s why it’s so popcorn worthy. they try to change the conversation, but you just keep on with the original point and they just degenerate into piles of troll goo. Not bad entertainment on a Monday.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Many of the hero times are unverified as truly stock.

It’s often like the guy with the C7 Z06 doing crazy numbers as the “stock record” yet he’s doing slicks burnouts and has an aftermarket line lock... with Underhood mods unknown. but it’s stock, because it’s on a list and his Youtube video title says so.

With the GT500 multiple 10.6 and 10.7 times, it is verified stock. Tires and all.
I agree fully...and those aren't even "hero" times.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

It's like this for any high horsepower cars...I'm not sure why people can't see this. If the GT500 had 1000 hp, it's likely going to run the same damn "instrumented" 1/4 mile on the street. And people for some reason will think that it's not faster than a 650 hp camaro.

Sponsored

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
The previous GT3 RS tires are different. If you watch Camissa's video explaining all of their methods used in that comparison they specifically did not want the R compound tires that they normally use because it's a cheater tire.

It doesn't take anything away from the GT500 matching it on the same tires, but it's a data point that needs to be observed if you want to use that data to compare to previous times.

You specifically avoided acknowledging this fact and keep repeating that GT3RS = GT500 and GT3RS > ZLE, using one data point from each comparison that are not apples to apples. It still is a valuable data point, and I appreciate the methods used by Cammissa and their transparency with how things went down.

That’s why it’s so popcorn worthy. they try to change the conversation, but you just keep on with the original point and they just degenerate into piles of troll goo. Not bad entertainment on a Monday.
Using logic to evaluate the data we have is not changing the subject.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The previous GT3 RS tires are different. If you watch Camissa's video explaining all of their methods used in that comparison they specifically did not want the R compound tires that they normally use because it's a cheater tire.

It doesn't take anything away from the GT500 matching it on the same tires, but it's a data point that needs to be observed if you want to use that data to compare to previous times.

You specifically avoided acknowledging this fact and keep repeating that GT3RS = GT500 and GT3RS > ZLE, using one data point from each comparison that are not apples to apples. It still is a valuable data point, and I appreciate the methods used by Cammissa and their transparency with how things went down.
Let’s just simplify:

GT500 = GT3 RS > ZL1 1LE.

There. That wasn’t so hard.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Using logic to evaluate the data we have is not changing the subject.
lol, always with the caveats.. on same tires the gt500 equalled the gt3rs. is this not fact? on same tires, you believe the ZLE would do the same, equal or beat GT3rs & Gt500 ( if pobst doesnt pobst the run) ?

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
lol, always with the caveats.. on same tires the gt500 equalled the gt3rs. is this not fact? on same tires, you believe the ZLE would do the same, equal or beat GT3rs & Gt500 ( if pobst doesnt pobst the run) ?
I do think that on a tight technical track like laguna seca the ZLE will come close. Honestly more interested to see how the base ZL1 and base GT500 do on a track like that than the track pack versions.

On any track where the GT500 can stretch its legs it will dominate the ZL1, IMO.

Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
This is not the fact, it's why trying to have an actual objective conversation with you is pointless.

You (of course) missed the comment regarding " on Cup 2R's ". The 3RS earlier test was on standard cup 2's, which are 2+ seconds slower!

I've tried to be objective... Because I appreciate competition continuing to advance our automotive choices.

You almost admitted it, I'll take that as progress on your part, nice work.

Dave

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Don't forget, the ZLE has more body roll too.
That's pretty amazing on the GT500's part. There is no noticeable body role in the ZLE from my experience so far, but the GT500 had so much less that they pointed out the ZLE's. Pretty wow.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Nah. We know what Camaro Randy is about. Let’s see some noises drum up about billy Johnson testing the cars.

The pubs need to expand their contractors. Don’t just use the same guy who toes the line.

One this this last few years has opened up is that the media aren’t the most truthful bunch when there is no accountability.

The publishers need to get out of their licked down comfort zones and into the real world.

When your average YouTuber embarrasses your go=to contracted pro driver on non-prepped surfaces, there is a problem.

And when a publisher only seems to run on prepped tracks in certain situations, there is a problem.

When specific tracks are chosen in certain comparisons that are known to benefit a certain footprint, their is a problem.

It’s easy to get a real-world, honest read on these cars. But there often is some excuse as to why “our numbers are skewed, because we weren’t able to...” or “ If these numbers sound strange to you, please read our testing guidelines, which explain the possibilities of why some cars may not see their potential in our testing...” etc.

Yet the testing never changes, the contract driver never changes - or the driving is left to the guy who lays out the InDesign documents.

So calling it out now - Billy Johnson drives the GT500. Randy can drive the Camaro.

Then they can both switch cars.

Let’s see what they run then :)
Need a chevy factory driver to make it fair I'd say.

I understand where you are coming from, but as an unbiased person, I just find it hard to believe that Randy is only biased against Ford or biased at all.