Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad they were running the track alignment on the GT500.
Sponsored

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Randy previously ran a 1:57.8 in the 350R at Chuckwalla. I dont see the ZLE too far off this pace at all if the conditions were comparable.

Sub 2 min at Chuckwalla is fast no matter what. I think the fastest I've run there in my SS 1LE was a 2:02 or 2:03... then again, I'm not Randy.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Why not include this screenshot?

;)
Untitled.jpg
Ferrari 812 Superfast has a rear bias weight distribution (49% front, 51% rear), slightly more hp (789 vs 760), and is 200 lbs lighter than the Shelby, and likely more aerodynamic. The fact it was quicker in the 1/4 mile and trapped 6 more mph is a shock to no one. It's a quick beast. I don't think anyone (outside of Billy Johnson and others who built it) was expecting the GT500 CFTP to be as fast around a track as the GT3 RS.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Love the zl1.

since we are talking super cars. I handed a Lamborghini his ass a few weeks ago. In my gt

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Because we already know what it runs in the 1/4 mile on an unprepared surface. That ferrari is fast AF. 138mph is moving. And it was never part of the discussion.
So you are switching to Chevy as promised? Because I don't see a regular GT500 putting better times than a ZL1 1LE and I am doubtful about even a regular ZL1. It looks like the ZL1 1LE and GT 500 CFTP is a drivers race to me. So what are you going to do about it?

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So you are switching to Chevy as promised? Because I don't see a regular GT500 putting better times than a ZL1 1LE and I am doubtful about even a regular ZL1. It looks like the ZL1 1LE and GT 500 CFTP is a drivers race to me. So what are you going to do about it?
As of right now, everything in your previous posts has been proven to be wrong. You said that there is no way Ford bench-marked the GT3, yet here it is putting up identical lap times to a GT3 RS.

And now, you think that a base GT500 needs to outperform a ZL1 1LE around the track? What? Where the hell did this idiotic notion come from? The next thing you'll be saying is....but the base GT500 doesn't outperform a C8.R around a track. Mind-boggling where you pull your logic from.

As for the ZL1 1LE, tests will be coming out. It's going to be a bloodbath.

BTW, I don't even currently own any Ford vehicles...Just a chevy truck and a jeep.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
As of right now, everything in your previous posts has been proven to be wrong. You said that there is no way Ford bench-marked the GT3, yet here it is putting up identical lap times to a GT3 RS.

And now, you think that a base GT500 needs to outperform a ZL1 1LE around the track? What? Where the hell did this idiotic notion come from? The next thing you'll be saying is....but the base GT500 doesn't outperform a C8.R around a track. Mind-boggling where you pull your logic from.

As for the ZL1 1LE, tests will be coming out. It's going to be a bloodbath.

BTW, I don't even currently own any Ford vehicles...Just a chevy truck and a jeep.
All I see is a 4100 lbs 760 hp car pulling in the straights from a 520 HP Porsche. I mean given the fact that the Delta HP is 240 I don't expect otherwise. Even then the GT3 put faster time. So what is your point? As far as our bet goes, even if the regular GT 500 doesn't put better times than a cheaper underpowered ZL1 1LE, it is considered a fail. I am still giving you the advantage of picking a manual ZL1 1LE instead of auto 10 speed. You even said the ZL1 has been around for a very long time and Ford did their homework this time. Lets wait and see.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
All I see is a 4100 lbs 760 hp car pulling in the straights from a 520 HP Porsche. I mean given the fact that the Delta HP is 240 I don't expect otherwise. Even then the GT3 put faster time. So what is your point? As far as our bet goes, even if the regular GT 500 doesn't put better times than a cheaper underpowered ZL1 1LE, it is considered a fail. I am still giving you the advantage of picking a manual ZL1 1LE instead of auto 10 speed. You even said the ZL1 has been around for a very long time and Ford did their homework this time. Lets wait and see.
The ZL1 1LE was never considered to be a great car. The suspension is too stiff. The GT350R was slower around track, but every reviewer said they would much rather own the GT350R than the ZL1 1LE.

So to me whether or not the GT500 is faster than the ZL1 1LE, it already looks like a winner because it's actually comfortable and enjoyable to drive on the street. We know the GT500 is faster than the GT350, which reviewers already said was better than the ZL1 1LE.

It's like comparing the GT500 to an Ariel Atom or something. The ZL1 1LE is too uncomfortable to be taken as a serious competition for a car that most people will use 90%+ on the street. It's too impractical.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
What? Are you blind? The GT500 was ahead almost the entire race until Randy looses it briefly in the last 30 seconds? Hell, the GT3 out muscled-ed the GT500 to the first turn. Here it is again because you obviously didn't watch the side by side...

These two cars were nearly identical in the turns. The GT500 has a slight advantage in the straights, have a (only slightly) HP/Weight advantage. Conversely, the GT3 RS was wearing Cup2 R tires...advantage for sure.

You quite frankly sound exactly like the Ass-hats on the camaro forums. Your blind hatred for the mustang is obvious...so much so that you change your arguments when you are proven wrong. Point in case, (according to you) the GT500 is now a failure because it (likely) won't out track a ZL1 1LE....a car that has solid bushings, stickier tires and race car (non street friendly) dampers.

BTW, I have never bet anyone on this forum anything period.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
What? Are you blind? The GT500 was ahead almost the entire race until Randy looses it briefly in the last 30 seconds? Hell, the GT3 out muscled-ed the GT500 to the first turn. Here it is again because you obviously didn't watch the side by side...

These two cars were nearly identical in the turns. The GT500 has a slight advantage in the straights, have a (only slightly) HP/Weight advantage. Conversely, the GT3 RS was wearing Cup2 R tires...advantage for sure.

You quite frankly sound exactly like the Ass-hats on the camaro forums. Your blind hatred for the mustang is obvious...so much so that you change your arguments when you are proven wrong. Point in case, (according to you) the GT500 is now a failure because it (likely) won't out track a ZL1 1LE....a car that has solid bushings, stickier tires and race car (non street friendly) dampers.

BTW, I have never bet anyone on this forum anything period.
Where did you see it had cup2 r tires?

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Where did you see it had cup2 r tires?
Going by what other posters have noted of recognizing the checkerboard R pattern in some of the pics/vids. I haven't looked to confirm myself...if I'm wrong though, I'll admit it.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Going by what other posters have noted of recognizing the checkerboard R pattern in some of the pics/vids. I haven't looked to confirm myself...if I'm wrong though, I'll admit it.
Zooming in, it looks like they could be cup2 R.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
The ZL1 1LE was never considered to be a great car. The suspension is too stiff. The GT350R was slower around track, but every reviewer said they would much rather own the GT350R than the ZL1 1LE.

So to me whether or not the GT500 is faster than the ZL1 1LE, it already looks like a winner because it's actually comfortable and enjoyable to drive on the street. We know the GT500 is faster than the GT350, which reviewers already said was better than the ZL1 1LE.

It's like comparing the GT500 to an Ariel Atom or something. The ZL1 1LE is too uncomfortable to be taken as a serious competition for a car that most people will use 90%+ on the street. It's too impractical.
I dont believe they ever did a head to head with the ZL1 1LE and the 350R. I think you're thinking of the comparo with the regular ZL1. Unless I never saw it... in that case... link?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I dont believe they ever did a head to head with the ZL1 1LE and the 350R. I think you're thinking of the comparo with the regular ZL1. Unless I never saw it... in that case... link?
What I'm talking about is every reviewer that has done both the GT350R and the ZL1 1LE said they would prefer the Ford. I think you are right that there isn't an episode of MT head to head for example that compares them. But you can watch the various ZL1 1LE reviews and while they are driving around on relatively smooth roads with their heads bouncing off the roof of the car, they say that it's basically a race car with solid metal to metal in the shocks - no bushings - and it's too uncomfortable on the street, etc. etc.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Why not include this screenshot?

;)
Untitled.jpg
Because they only include or count anything when it benefits them. When it is a loss for them, they say theirs looks better or visibility is better.
Sponsored