OP
Whitewalkers550

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.

Darren M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT PP
Did you reinstall the washer nozzles? The rectangular holes in my hood are too big!

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Did you reinstall the washer nozzles? The rectangular holes in my hood are too big!
Mine were a little loose as well. The push tabs on the nozzles that secure them. If I remember right I gave em a little heat and pushed em outward some until the cooled then installed them

Darren M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT PP
Figured it out. I guessed that the skeleton/frame of the hood was a previous generation, or around 2015. So, i went out on a ledge and bought some 2015 nozzles off Ebay. They came in and fit PERFECTLY. I did have to adjust the spray pattern a bit but that was super simple.

Parts description from ebay. May help others
2x Windshield Wiper Washer Nozzle Jet For Explorer Mustang BB5Z17603A AR3Z17603A

These...

SmartSelect_20240601-133205_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Darren M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT PP
I read a lot of posts about the desire to have a hood sans the hood pin impressions. If the hood is aluminum, it is totally possible to fill that in with some tig work... Welders exist everywhere and do take small side jobs. Smoothing out aluminum is tedious but can be done rather easily.... Just saying.
Want a hot rod?
Be a Rodder.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I read a lot of posts about the desire to have a hood sans the hood pin impressions. If the hood is aluminum, it is totally possible to fill that in with some tig work... Welders exist everywhere and do take small side jobs. Smoothing out aluminum is tedious but can be done rather easily.... Just saying.
Want a hot rod?
Be a Rodder.
It was just odd how all the fiberglass and carbon options don't do this, yet the Chinese companies that decided to make an aluminum version did this, but anyway the gt500 kr version would be my pick over the regular gt500 style

Darren M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT PP
That wasn't directed at you. Just saying, these things may be priced like they are rare pieces of art but they aren't. ;)
The re-pop aluminum hoods are dang near exact copies. Zero consideration for US trends, fashion, etc. I've seen/heard of machinist's scratch on steel being transferred to an exact/bootleg copy of a part.
Regardless, I'd almost prefer epoxy fill on a fiberglass hood over trying to TIG this uber thin aluminum. I digress. My point is modify it. :) You'll learn something.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anyone sport the KR version? I prefer aluminum to my experiences having to fix carbon fiber and fiberglass hoods in the past, but still would be nice it no indents existed for the faux pins though.

https://bssparts.us/products/2018-2...uminum-hood?_pos=1&_psq=gt500+kr&_ss=e&_v=1.0

1717475931760-aj.png
The KR hood is pretty awesome. I would need rain trays for all 3 vents since I daily my car. I didn’t see anything in the product description about rain trays. Suppose I could find someone to dab some too.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
You might try Adam at Carter’s Customs. He has louvers that can be installed in your stock hood in this fashion.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The KR hood is pretty awesome. I would need rain trays for all 3 vents since I daily my car. I didn’t see anything in the product description about rain trays. Suppose I could find someone to dab some too.
yes its very hard to see any good images of the underside or the included hardware if it even has rain trays etc. I think Ikon does source out this GT500 KR hood.

It would be nice if Cervinis did retain the 2018 side lines (that was added by Ford for better hood corner clearance) but they retained the 15-17 lines for the 18 hoods

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Ok here’s some pics of my underside, didn’t get to adjust the one yet but this should show ya what was needed to work and yea it’s a 17 so I’m not sure how 18 and up would go

also did a lil project to make the rain tray easier in and out and did cam locks on it

IMG_1395.jpeg

IMG_1396.jpeg

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1398.jpeg

IMG_1399.jpeg
Thanks for the detailed images. I finally put mine on today and will be doing quick latches, real ones.

20240607_161811.jpg
Sponsored