GT500 Stolen

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Well that ADM just doubled to cover the reward.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Probably a inside job ,check who ordered that car and investigate friends, family ,see if any workers at that dealership suddenly have a "larger " bank account, hope the car is safe and not destroyed for parts.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Probably already parts or headed overseas.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Does it have FordPass? Should be able to find it if it hasnā€™t been disabled.
We have been dealing with dealer car thefts for a while in my area, these guys will do it right in front of people. Once they rolled through our shop at like 11:00 am looking for any unattended cars they could quickly hop into and drive off. With everyone literally working on cars at the time. I have lots of stories of other incidents. They later find these cars abandoned with minimal, if any, damage. Last time I spoke with the police about it, they claimed they are being used to commit other crimes, like transporting guns. Most of the guys doing this are like 14-17 years old because if they get caught, they are a minor. They believe the kids are hired and the expensive / fancy cars are an incentive to take the deal. They take the cars, do whatever bad thing with them, then dump them. Get paid and have a story about stealing a $150k BMW.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
..they claimed they are being used to commit other crimes, like transporting guns.
Transporting guns is now illegal in IL? You are referring to stolen guns I assume, yes?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Transporting guns is now illegal in IL? You are referring to stolen guns I assume, yes?
I imagine they are stolen or something like that, but if it wasnā€™t something illegal, they wouldnā€™t have to steal cars to do it. Clearly not shipments going to stores for retail. Probably also some drugs mixed in there too.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
How did they get it out off the dealership's floor and onto the road?
Wow. Too bad, nice car.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
At my dealership, we lost 6 cars in one night. They were all in the service department. They broke the glass window on one of the rear shop garage doors and climbed through. Then turned on the switch for the garage door and then opened it. The mistake was keys were left in cars on the ground. These were new cars and one customer owned car, and one owned by the GM of the dealer. We have made changes to prevent more thefts, such as parking cars across the garage doors. The one attempt during business hours was a real eye opener though.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Probably already parts or headed overseas.
In a shipping container, going bye bye.
In side job.
Too many other things in a showroom need to be moved to get a clear path to get the car out the doors, nevermind the alarm system on the showroom and dealership and cameras.