Sponsored

GT500 Program Enrollment and Price/Ordering Update

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
There are no allocations yet. Maybe you are getting a perceived allocation?

So many dealers in the past have sold allocations that don't exist.

Until ford actually assigns allocations, you and your dealer have nothing.

People said the same thing when did the same thing to get my Shelby GT350 @ MSRP. Here is a math formula. Dealership has enrolled in Shelby Program + Each Enrolled Dealer Gets At Least 1 Shelby GT 350 and 500 + I am #1 on the list at MSRP for a GT500 @ MSRP in writing = I get 1 2020 Shelby GT500. The only unknown is if I can get a Carbon Fiber Track Pack Version.
Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
People said the same thing when did the same thing to get my Shelby GT350 @ MSRP. Here is a math formula. Dealership has enrolled in Shelby Program + Each Enrolled Dealer Gets At Least 1 Shelby GT 350 and 500 + I am #1 on the list at MSRP for a GT500 @ MSRP in writing = I get 1 2020 Shelby GT500. The only unknown is if I can get a Carbon Fiber Track Pack Version.
I’m not going for a Track pack version but it is going to be interesting to see how they divvy those up. First come first serve, dealer volume, regional...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Einstein. You once again continue to miss my point. As far as I know the leaked document is not official. You may be right, in fact you probably are, but none of that is official for public consumption.

Edited to add: just because you have something in writing doesn't mean Jack. They don't have to sell you anything. You did not sign a formal sales contract with a VIN number. Most dealerships won't screw you, however let's just say a CF track pack comes along and someone is willing to pay a 25K ADM? Believe me, you wouldn't be the first to get screwed.

I’m not going for a Track pack version but it is going to be interesting to see how they divvy those up. First come first serve, dealer volume, regional...
Yes, it is going to be interesting to see who gets what if the information is correct. I plan on getting the carbon fiber track pack, but who knows how that will be allocated.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Maybe. What happens when a friend of the dealers GM or owner, or owners son, or a member of the family calls him and says his buddy really wants one of these and is willing to pay 20 K over sticker? Hmm...? Seen it before and it is ridiculous but that's the crap you have to deal with. Not a fun game to play. Why they don't just plain and simple make enough for those that want to buy one to buy one at a fair price makes no sense. They are having problems selling cars in general. Everyone wants one of these. Why don't they just put a reasonable price on it and sell as many as people want? And as far as exclusivity? Who gives a F. How about we rule the road. Plain and simple. Just look! They are everywhere! It's a production car it isn't a 1963 Ferrari GTO!

iR8Snake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Good morning I typically don’t post as a lot of you know everything so I don’t need to.

With that said, June 20th

Good day

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Thanks Einstein. You once again continue to miss my point. As far as I know the leaked document is not official. You may be right, in fact you probably are, but none of that is official for public consumption.

Edited to add: just because you have something in writing doesn't mean Jack. They don't have to sell you anything. You did not sign a formal sales contract with a VIN number. Most dealerships won't screw you, however let's just say a CF track pack comes along and someone is willing to pay a 25K ADM? Believe me, you wouldn't be the first to get screwed.

Yes, it is going to be interesting to see who gets what if the information is correct. I plan on getting the carbon fiber track pack, but who knows how that will be allocated.

It worked before at the same dealer. This is the second Shelby I will buy for them. I understand nothing is garunteed. A great asteroid like the one that killed the dinosaurs could come and none of us get a Shelby GT 500 but I am still going to go forward with my deal and expectation to get one at MSRP again.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Best of luck, sincerely

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR
Dealer sign up opened up early this week. Dealers pay a $2000 fee to be a Shelby dealer which guarantees 1 GT350 and one GT500. 2020 model year only. 2021 will be another signup (2 years was normal before, makes me wonder if 21 GT350 is going to exist.)

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I suppose anyone can be eligible to order one of the Carbon package GT500 Mustangs produced as long as they are willing to wait . I suspect no more than half of the Carbon GT500 Mustangs will be built before Winter. If one were to order a Carbon GT500 soon, it may not get built until next Spring because it could be sold on a first come first served basis. Those Carbon Fiber pieces take time to make.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have a feeling the carbon fiber track pack will be allocated, much like the 350R is. Kinda stupid, maybe it should be a first come first serve, and who knows, maybe it is....we'll hear soon enough I suppose. Why isn't this shit divulged to begin with??

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
From what I have seen, Carbon fiber part production requires a lot of manual labor.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Carbon Fiber is hardly novel or difficult tech. 20 years ago, sure.
They are using one company to supply the wheels. One company can only spit out so many wheels a year.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How many companies make 1 piece wheel?
For oem application?
I know of 3 just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are another dozen more that only deal with OEM orders and don't sell to the public, and thus not on our radar. Sure it might take 4-6hrs to bake a wheel but layup is done by machine these days and it's not like you can't do a few cars' worth of wheels in a single autoclave cycle. Even if I was to stipulate an absolutely pathetic 30 wheels per day, that still covers 7 cars. Say Ford builds 500 -Rs in 6 months that's 4 car/day production rate. Wheels are not the gating factor unless Ford's choice of supplier is some 2-bit nobody.
Sponsored