GT500 pricing Question

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Serious question. We know about ADMs, mostly 20-40K over. Why won't those dealers give you 10-20k over MSRP when they are selling the same for 30-40 over MSRP?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Cause when you trade it in, they will claim the market has fallen and they won't be able to sell it for that. But a week later they will list it for 10k over market value and tell all potential buyers that is where the market is for them.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Because they don't have to. In it to make $$$ not friends.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would like a Rolex Daytona Cosmigraph. I don't understand why I can't buy it at MSRP.

It just isn't fair.....

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Difficult to know w/certainty, but it appears some dealerships are letting new cars (GT500's) leave the lots, at lower that $20k/$40k over advertised prices.
Carbon Heritage mdls are/were well above retail, & still likely are. That situation may be changing as I type.
What they are advertising the prices at, & what they are selling the same car at out the door, may be a bigger disparity than even a month or 2 ago.

I haven't said anything ^^^^, that everyone doesn't already knows, & I wish I could give ya something more helpful than a simple catch phrase we redundantly use throughout life.

Perhaps if you ask more pointed questions regarding your own exact situation, and spell out expectations? You may be able to glean more useful advice to your own specific deal.

There are a lot of great people here that will gladly attempt to provide you with very helpful advice, if you give them something to work with.
Sharing our own details that we do not want everyone in public to know, shouldbe a valid concern though.
Your exact situation, & your goals, are your business. Nobody else's. & so, nobody can help much, w/o further details.
Again, we all know these things.

If you feel comfortable enough to provide more indepth details to what your situation is, (& I'm not encouraging you to do that by any means) then others here might have some useful suggestions to aid your particular needs.
There are a lot of very kind & helpful people here that are willing to give there time to share experiences & opinions that could serve you better on this.

Otherwise, expect sarcasm and humor, which is just meant in good fun, & to make pple laugh.

The fortunate have a tendency to relish in the sight of the unfortunate.

Good luck w/ur situation. I myself will likely not be able to offer very good advice, but I know others here likely can if you choose that path.
I will suggest talking to as many dealerships that you have time for, as long as you feel you are continuing to learn things that apply to your specific situation.
U can sometimes double your knowledge on a topic when you talk to a second party.
Just don't waste your time or others if possible. No help in that. Regards,

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here’s one thing to keep in mind when talking to dealers about trade-ins. They’re trying to get in at the lowest basis they can, for a number of reasons. First is obvious, they’re trying to make as much $$ as they can. Second, especially at these higher price point cars, they have to be prepared to sit on it for a bit and could encounter a variety of economic conditions (the last 6+ months is a good example). Getting in at a lower basis could still make them a profit if they decide they need to unload the car for less than they planned. As for their selling prices, it’s mentioned above but it’s simple supply and demand. Demand is still very strong and there just isn’t many of these cars to satisfy all the demand. As also mentioned above, talk to a few different dealers and get them competing against each other. Some of these dealers are always looking for these cars for their clients and may be willing to pay more to get one. Just my thought, I don’t own one of these beautiful machines but I am constantly talking to the GM’s of a few dealerships about what’s going on in the market.
Sponsored