Sponsored

GT500 - Delayed until March

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Sounds right I don't know if you noticed but Ford does a hellva lot of advertising on youtube
Youtube channel = The new ADM. I mean if you want a prime example. Of all the people that applied for a Ford GT. the friggin Shmee150 dork gets one! (true enthusiast? give me a break.)
Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I'm sorry, I stand corrected, #3. I must say, you are taking it quite well. Now with that said, would you ever do business with that dealership again?
Nope I am done with that dealer, I just bought a 2019 Ranger and a 2020 Explorer from another dealer because of this.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Sounds right I don't know if you noticed but Ford does a hellva lot of advertising on youtube
That’s redundant. Everyone advertises on YouTube. Just because you have a captive audience doesn’t mean that you alienate your loyal customers and enthusiasts.

My money is just as green as a YouTube influencer. Also, my circle of car enthusiast friends can actually afford a GT500. Most of the subscribers to these YouTube channels could not.

I know I’m just sour that I’m not getting the car until March, even though I ordered the car before most of these YouTubers.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
jvandy50 made a good point. It would piss a lot of people off. So this guy is #2 at his dealership and he gets put on top because he has a YouTube channel? That's crap. If Ford cared about this guys YouTube channel so much, they should have given him a VIP allocation.

Now a fellow enthusiast has to wait. Why is a guy with a YouTube channel more important? Especially when his purchase decision was an afterthought and a last minute plea to any dealer who would give him an MSRP deal?

Really.
I don't even like his YT channel.
Ford has already built themselves a casket. All they gotta do is fall in.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So, i just watched his video. He only got bumped because he swapped his CFTP allocation for a base. Its not like he got his cftp bumped, he most likely took a guy ahead of hims build vs his original build bumped

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
My car won't make the cut until at least March like yours. I am ok with it though. I will use the six months to customize another one of my garage bays. It will be like preparing a nursery for a new born. I have no choice and have to wait so I should at least make it fun while waiting.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't even like his YT channel.
Ford has already built themselves a casket. All they gotta do is fall in.
He doesn't even have a garage (yet).
Unlikely poster child for Ford if you ask me.
So, i just watched his video. He only got bumped because he swapped his CFTP allocation for a base. Its not like he got his cftp bumped, he most likely took a guy ahead of hims build vs his original build bumped
Oh, so everyone was getting a CFTP? No, of course not. However the person in question did flip his over to a base to get ahead.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
However the person in question did flip his over to a base to get ahead.
Tom: No doubt S'Mode was thinking...I GOTTA get it sooner so I can beat the other guys to YT.

Damn shame is what it is but, as is most always the case, it isn't what you know, it's who. (or whom?) ;-)

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I still think in the long run it would have been better to wait for the CFTP car. Proof is in the pudding because I sure have a long wait ahead of me.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Don't hate the player hate the game. Good for him knowing his leverage and using it. Like the guy or not, he is sitting pretty right now and will likely have one of the first privately owned GT500s up on the old YT. Props to him.

Sucks for everyone else, but hey, pretty smart move on his part. Get the views up and pay da bills.

I bet he gets to film part of the production as he requested in the video. How cool is that? Film part of your new GT500 being made equals more views equals mo money equals a CFTP by next year. LOL.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I'm not sure why people are shocked that a YT'er gets his car first or someone that agrees to pay ADM. This stuff happened with the GT350R in the early years. It will always be like this, not agreeing with it, just saying it won't change.

The only way to beat it is to find a dealer that actually cares about building a relationship with a customer. My dealer in PA is legit. I told him I was also interested in the next Raptor if it had a V8 and he said I could have the first stab at his first allocation for MSRP. Whether that works out or not, that's who I want to do business with.

A lot of you might not like it, but if you were in S'modes shoes, you'd do the same. If Ford caters to you then take it. Is what it is.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
He doesn't even have a garage (yet).
Unlikely poster child for Ford if you ask me.

Oh, so everyone was getting a CFTP? No, of course not. However the person in question did flip his over to a base to get ahead.
I haven't asked him specifics, but can only assume thats what he did; had the dealer call #1 or #2 and ask if they wanted to wait for the cftp and give stangmode their base spot.

Thats what i gather from him not mentioning color and options, the order was already in and he just wanted a car.

Regardless, me and him have met, local and enjoy eachothers passion, amd ive offered him my car to review when it arrives (scheduled 3 weeks earlier than he) bit its not the same as getting your own car

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Side note welcome back Tom
Thanks. Out of curiosity, who ordered which model? Let's see, you have the CFTP, #2 has ?, #3 ordered a CFTP. I doubt all 3 of you ordered a CFTP.

So #3 jumps #2 (and I am assuming #2 was not a CFTP because I don't think there is a dealership out there was was given 3 CFTP allocations.

I haven't asked him specifics, but can only assume thats what he did; had the dealer call #1 or #2 and ask if they wanted to wait for the cftp and give stangmode their base spot.

Thats what i gather from him not mentioning color and options, the order was already in and he just wanted a car.

Regardless, me and him have met, local and enjoy eachothers passion, amd ive offered him my car to review when it arrives (scheduled 3 weeks earlier than he) bit its not the same as getting your own car
Yea, none of it makes a difference anyhow because there is nothing anyone can do about it. I just hate to see people take a back seat to a YouTube'r.

So Ford is paying to fly him around the country and review Ford products. He has been put into the #1 position at his dealership after initially having been in the #3 spot. Hmm, ok, whatever. This doesn't affect me, however it does affect other people.

I highly doubt that all three orders were CFTPs. He himself in his own words stated that he used his ford contacts to get this done. Anyway, whatever.......

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Sponsored