GT500 DCT Dual Paddle Launch

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Dont forget, you need to be in track or drag mode.
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Dont forget, you need to be in track or drag mode.
For….?
Are you saying when in track or drag mode, that this ‘pull both paddles, floor gas, release paddles’ is going to act like a ‘clutch dump’ or is a short cut to launch mode?
-J

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
For….?
Are you saying when in track or drag mode, that this ‘pull both paddles, floor gas, release paddles’ is going to act like a ‘clutch dump’ or is a short cut to launch mode?
-J
The Ford video clearly states that you need to have drive mode in track or drag in order to do this technique properly you can choose to turn traction control off which will do a hairy burn out if you leave traction control on then it will launch like a raped ape

Sponsored

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone has to to try it! I'm still waiting for my first oil change so I'm claiming newbieism. lol

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
The Ford video clearly states that you need to have drive mode in track or drag in order to do this technique properly you can choose to turn traction control off which will do a hairy burn out if you leave traction control on then it will launch like a raped ape
Ok I see that but it’d be nice if someone were to try it because I doubt Ford would let you rev it to true redline, then drop the paddles. I believe even on the free rev/neutral rev it’s limited to say 4000rpm not 7500rpm.
Advanced trans for sure
-J

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Ok I see that but it’d be nice if someone were to try it because I doubt Ford would let you rev it to true redline, then drop the paddles. I believe even on the free rev/neutral rev it’s limited to say 4000rpm not 7500rpm.
Advanced trans for sure
-J
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the video it doesn't state doing this red-lines the engine, I think the computer sets the max rpm to 4K in any setting when doing this. The issue here is how will the DCT act when letting go of the paddles with traction control on and off. One would expect with T-on and letting go we'd get a hard umpf with our head jerking back and the DCT on the floor (pun intended) where with T-off it would create the normal burnout of the old days doing the two footer.