GT500 blower on GT350

wldtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Reviving this as I am considering the same swap. Except the gt500 supercharger would go on top of a voodoo going into a 65 fastback.
already major modding so no concern with modding and clearance.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not sure on the 5.2 but in old DOHC 03-04 Cobra world, you needed to use the complete front dress (timing chain cover along with some bridges and pulleys) in order to install the 03-04 OEM or whipple that used the OEM setup. I went through that and it was doable but a good amount of work and parts hunting.

OP
OP
Imma Sssnaake

Imma Sssnaake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Reviving this as I am considering the same swap. Except the gt500 supercharger would go on top of a voodoo going into a 65 fastback.
already major modding so no concern with modding and clearance.
I ended up going Gen V Whipple for peace of mind and simplicity. If you do end up going that route, look into reinforcing the bottom end or keeping it below 8lbs. The odin kit is making its way on to GT350s right now and iā€™ve seen engine failures at a higher rate than the twin screw whipples. Maybe the extra low range torque of the roots style isnā€™t ideal on the stock voodoo internals. Not saying the odin 2650 is a bad kit by any means, itā€™s just that iā€™ve already seen two out of maybe five cars throw rods on SBE voodoos.

wldtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I picked up a stock Gt500 supercharger and have access to a timing cover
At this point I plan to mount it up and see what all is involved
Need better pics of a stock gt500 engine to see routing

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was considering this on my '18 GT 5.0 car. I can get a used but almost brand new GT500 take off supercharger for far less than what these guys want for even a used centrifugal set-up, but I don't know what else would be needed in order to make it work, in the way of belts, pulleys and hoses. If it is feasible, and wouldn't take a couple of grand in sourcing pulleys, belts and hoses, I would like to seriously consider it. I have a VMP voltage booster, long tubes, Lethal OPG's withcrank sprocket, and ID1050x's ready to go, So just trying to see if this would be worth it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NavyMAC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The strut tower brace is gunna have to be taken off regardless, even whipple kits designed for this car wont clear it so this definitely wont.
It just needs some tweaks to work. The pulley created a little bump in the hood due to the 10 rib setup.
76CEBBCE-0E2C-4D8B-931C-0F6938E53215.jpeg
188FA303-CFC3-48E0-85B1-BD6B021758FB.jpeg

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was considering this on my '18 GT 5.0 car. I can get a used but almost brand new GT500 take off supercharger for far less than what these guys want for even a used centrifugal set-up, but I don't know what else would be needed in order to make it work, in the way of belts, pulleys and hoses. If it is feasible, and wouldn't take a couple of grand in sourcing pulleys, belts and hoses, I would like to seriously consider it. I have a VMP voltage booster, long tubes, Lethal OPG's withcrank sprocket, and ID1050x's ready to go, So just trying to see if this would be worth it.
We're going to start the build on it this week. Starting with exhaust and headers, then moving on to the engine. I'll post as we progress.
62D8BF09-E8C8-4102-A738-8AE29C90C73B.jpeg

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Or get a whipple? This seems redundant as the whipple flows better

Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
https://www.fordgt500.com/threads/pbd-belt-guide.197555/ you can see the belt routing here.
I suspect you'll also need the GT500 balancer as the supercharger belt is wider and driven off the back of the balancer.
Including the balancer, you're looking at about $1760 MSRP for the front pulleys, tensioners, belts and hardware. You can figure 25% off that at the various dealer web sites.

Last edited:

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ended up going with the Whipple Gen5 Stage 2. Just need to get it installed and tuned. Hopefully will do it and the long tubes in the next couple of weeks, but agree on the cool factor of the GT500 SC.

wldtang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We're going to start the build on it this week. Starting with exhaust and headers, then moving on to the engine. I'll post as we progress.
canā€™t wait to see you complete this project and put those parts to use.

Scott413

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks man. I've had a lot come up in the last few months that have prevented me from starting on it. Question is, I want this to work on my Gen 3, but the fuel rails from the predator are port injection only. I wonder if this limits the install to Gen 2 engines?
Sponsored