Sponsored

GT500 ADM disappearing

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The only discussion metric is percentage. Buy the gt500 in deepest darkest night, sell the other car in late spring. You will get lowballed hard by a dealer on the Bullitt. It's not special in any way. Actually it's a liability more so than a bog standard GT.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As stated, car prices like these always dip in the dead of winter. 5k for a base is reasonable and if the OP wants one, he should, like was mentioned, get off the fence and buy one. Also previously mentioned, starting another ADM thread stating personal opinion of how the market is now fixed and low prices are here to stay is a bunch of crap. I can think of many circumstances where people have bought base 500s for the 5k ADM mentioned.

Another observation that I have noticed is that usually dealers will list cars on various internet sites to draw you in. They claim its an accident, but when you try to buy the car, they jack the price. Yes, the OP says he talked to some of these dealers. I have seen so many times where you are told something, and when you show up, it winds up being something else. One such example was me and my first GT350 purchase. I called, yep they had one, and promised to sell it on A plan.(yea, I know). I get there and poof, it's 20K over.

That's the game. Internet ads don't mean anything. A telephone call doesn't seal the deal either.

If you want the car, and they quote you a price, you have to go there and try to buy it or send a deposit and get the details in writing.

These threads, along with the fools that fall for these tricks are naive. Something tells me the OP isn't here to buy a car. Maybe just here getting some kind of cheap thrill stirring the pot on a subject guaranteed to do exactly that? Who knows.

Crap or get off the pot OP.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
One other thing to consider is yes there are 200 out there but they’re not making any more of them. That’s it, if you don’t want used. And that 200 number will start going down. It’s the end of January, these cars will likely sit another month or so in cold weather areas and then they’ll start to move again and prices will start going back up. I believe I linked it in another thread but my dealer that I ordered my GT from is in the process of buying a CFTP from another dealer, and is likely paying a premium for it. They will have ADM on it, how much depends on what their final deal is with the other dealer. They’re highly sought after, so depending on your definition of deal, I’d say MSRP + $5k might be about as good as it gets.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ourisman did a 2.5k adm on one not that long ago. But another went to +15k because 2 buyers got in a bidding war.

Fwiw they have another that just rolled off the truck. I don't have details. Call Jason

Sponsored

SubSolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
When I was looking a couple months ago on AutoTrader and cars.com I realized that a lot of the listings are cars that already sold. Also some of them list at msrp but when you email them it has a large markup. They should not be allowed to do this on the sites because it seems like false advertising,but they do.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
You are right...the newer Bullitts are dropping faster in price than the GT500s...on a % basis, but not on a $$$ basis.
I'd get a 500 and dump the Mustang GT...errr Bullit asap. Those things are just another GT with a badge and a ford tune.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
I'm still on my quest for a 2020-22 GT500 but have hesitated due to the ADM ($20K additional dealer markup), supply chain problem resolution (flooding market with new cars) and the possibility of a coming recession, which could crater car prices. Autotrader has over 200 of these 'last gasp' GT500s for sale and the dealers that I am currently talking to are offering reduced ADMs from $20K down to $5K. Could the new GT500s follow the same trend of the Mach1 that has big discounts now being offered?
YAWN.
Understand that 100 or more of those 200 on Autotrader have already been sold or most likely ordered units for someone else.
This coming recession was supposed to hit 3 years ago- every place on Earth except Twitter and Google are hiring.
The Mach1’s are great cars but they are NOT GT500’s everyone knows this. The S550 GT500’s will not tank (unless you buy one wrecked over 20k mi) until there is an S650 on the ground but if that never happens prices aren’t tumbling- the 13/14’s never got cheap.
You seen to be what we called in the car business a “stroke”. You are putting too much mental masturbation into this.
FYI I paid 1k over on my new CFTP. Make a serious deal and buy it or just look at the pictures of one.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I’m having the same problem but, with Tesla stock lol! I thought it was gonna hit $100! NOPE bounced at $101. My buy order was never filled. FML lol

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Talk about falling knife. It's not even a 30 dollar stock on any sane metric

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I'm still on my quest for a 2020-22 GT500 but have hesitated due to the ADM ($20K additional dealer markup), supply chain problem resolution (flooding market with new cars) and the possibility of a coming recession, which could crater car prices. Autotrader has over 200 of these 'last gasp' GT500s for sale and the dealers that I am currently talking to are offering reduced ADMs from $20K down to $5K. Could the new GT500s follow the same trend of the Mach1 that has big discounts now being offered?
Your missing the boat, every day you get a little older, you will not be disappointed. Suck it up find the best deal available now and buy it. I sometimes think guys are more into bragging about the deal they will eventually get than actually owning the car. News Flash !!! no one cares what you pay, seriously.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Your missing the boat, every day you get a little older, you will not be disappointed. Suck it up find the best deal available now and buy it. I sometimes think guys are more into bragging about the deal they will eventually get than actually owning the car. News Flash !!! no one cares what you pay, seriously.
Yep just get it, no one cares but guess what?...................................... I got 1K off MSRP 🙃

OP
OP
Solarhermit

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
Yep just get it, no one cares but guess what?...................................... I got 1K off MSRP 🙃
Hey Martin Lots of nice add-ons to your M1. Have you got all the 5spurs' latest? I luv the knob covers. I bet even Ted's face would light up when he puts on his knob cover.
Sponsored