GT350R vs 1LE

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Can't we all just get along lol.we should all be happy that American car companies are making amazing products,, and because of this week can afford levels of performance normally only available in exotic supercars. Ford is doing amazing things. 5 years ago the gt350/gt350r would have been considered a supercar ( in my eyes it is now) the focus RS is killing the competition, the Raptor is coming, and if the new Ford GT runs as good as it looks, they'll have another winner. GM is making amazing cars as well, the Chevy SS, the Z/28, the corvette grand sport is going to be amazing, I'm sure the Camaro 1Le will be awesome as well, the cadillac V-Series are all awesome cars, and despite the cooling problems, the Z06 is still a performance bargain. I love my gt350 and what ford is doing, but I'm a CAR enthusiasts, not a ford enthusiast, and despite all the arguments BOTH companies are putting out great cars for US of which Most are attainable for an average Guy. We should be embracing ALL of these cars because at the end of the Day they are WORLD CLASS American cars, and lap times mean nothing if you can't drive! Oh and btw, besides the ACR, Dodge/Chrysler sucks lol!kidding

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you can't beat them - copy them. Hard to tell its not a mustang from this angle.
image.png

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Y'all are hilarious. I just killed an hour reading all this. Still loving my R though. Keep up the discussions!:cheers:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
This angle of the Camaro looks pretty darn good.

I wish I had enough money and space to have a 1LE along with the GT350, and maybe a Miata and Cayman GTS also (would prefer the Cayman GT4, but trying to keep this dream realistic). Oh, can't forget a Viper. Love that car.

Lots of great cars around these days. Awesome times!

-T

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
You mean like the over priced Z28? You can thank ford for the deal you got on your $37k.
The new 1ugLE won't be a bargain anymore. Even with general motor trend's free advertising the 1ugLE will still need discounts and rebate to move off the lots. Lol, great for buyers and great time to be a car guy!

Edit: was posting on the viper forums and checked out #mtbdc just to see what cars are up for the competition. I don't think the 1LE will be able to beat the R. I saw the brakes and the massive wheels. Heres a pic of the camero:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIGNBLfgXTt/

Last edited:

Sponsored

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
From the comments on the instagram pic, the 1LE put a time very similar to the Z28 which should be less than the R by around a second.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
Word on the street is that they picked the ACR. Kind of odd for a magazine called Chevy Trend. lol:shrug:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I bought new and daily drove a 5th gen SS (L99) back in 2012... kept it for 2yrs or so and sometimes I do miss it. One thing though, it wasn't as nimble as my '12 Boss 302. Miss that car a little more...

Now the new 6th gen, while I'll still take a GT350 over it, there is no denying the new Camaro is also a quick and nimble car especially since it has a lower curb weight. I'ved yet to drive one.... that's dangerous, for me. :ninja:

Can't wait to see M/T's results for their whole lineup!

:popcorn:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Word on the street is that they picked the ACR. Kind of odd for a magazine called Chevy Trend. lol:shrug:
That can't be true, because the Viper has been discontinued and the Motor Trend advertising department won't be able to sell Chrysler fold-out covers and ad spreads in every issue for the next year. :doh:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The name of this thread makes me laugh
Sponsored