Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
http://www.worldcarfans.com/1160210103828/2017-chevy-camaro-1le-announced-for-v6-v8-engines-videos

The New Camaro, from what I've read, is a pretty good car. Now they have released the 1LE version. Does this spell trouble for the GT350?

Personally I don't think so. The Z/28 should be really good however.

More info.
http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/article/camaro-1le-packages.html

If you are worried about being #1, then I think yes. This will be cheaper than a base GT350 and probably just as fast, if not faster than the GT350 TP.

These are still different cars with the engine being the main difference. I don't think it spells trouble, as the GT350 is still bad ass and some people will want that sick FPC.

I really love how Chevy has made this an option. No dealer markup, no limited quantities, just another box to check when buying an SS. I wish Ford could do something like this, the PP is useless in comparison.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
1SS 1LE MSRP $40K VS. 350 track pack.MSRP $56K. Now the Camaro can be had with a discount. Real #'s $38000 Camaro. VS $61000 350. The Z28 next year will force Ford to bring back the GT500.
Plus no limp mode on the SS 1LE after 15 laps. Darn I should have bought a track pack.

Last edited:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I respect this car for what it is, but it's not replacing my GT350 or even getting a spot next to it. The 1LE will attract Chevy buyers, the GT350 attracts all buyers from many different marques because it is a special car. At the last cars and coffee I had a ton of Porsche guys asking me questions about the car and a lot wishing they had ordered one, but none of them were getting rid of their Porsches.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It's gonna be a tough couple of years for the mustang until it gets some type of update. A friend of mine who is very much unbiased and actually owns both (the gt is a 9 second car) said there is not much comparison from a competitive stand point between a gt and ss for the new model. He did also say the Camaro has horrible visibility which I noticed sitting in one at the PRI show in December. I'd say if you're strictly on a bang for the buck mission the camaro may have that cornered for now. This is nothing new, it goes back and forth and this is the first big swing GM has taken since the car was relaunched.

*note* I'm first on list at local dealer for a 2017 gt350 and don't see that changing.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Trouble for the R or 350TP probably not...it's still down on power and weighs the same.

For the base 350 it will probably give it a run for it's money. Might be slightly slower with a manual due to the less power (although the automatic should make up that power difference) but it will for sure outhandle the Shelby.

Although this all comes at a considerable smaller price, so in the end that might be the better value especially if GT350s keep going for 5k+ over MSRP.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I respect this car for what it is, but it's not replacing my GT350 or even getting a spot next to it. The 1LE will attract Chevy buyers, the GT350 attracts all buyers from many different marques because it is a special car. At the last cars and coffee I had a ton of Porsche guys asking me questions about the car and a lot wishing they had ordered one, but none of them were getting rid of their Porsches.
350's are expensive in comparison.

I want a car I can also afford to track and with a comparable GT350 being close to $15K more(assuming the 1LE package will be around $5000), that means the 1LE is going to be a choice many people make regardless of manufacturer.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
The GT350 is still my preference over the new 1LE Camaro SS. Some of the key factors that are in favor of the Shelby, IMO- much more limited, more unique especially the FPC exhaust sound, and more desirable overall. Even Porsche guys (like me) would opt for the 350 first & foremost... that speaks volume.

Each manufacturer obviously steps up their game with every new iteration... but I'd rather see what the next Z/28 will be rather than go gagagoogoo over the 1LE. My Z06 would whip it anyway. :D

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
was this just announced? dyou think this is why we didnt hear a 2017 announcement last week? ford got wind of this and decided to wait until after this info came out and wants to react accordingly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
was this just announced? dyou think this is why we didnt hear a 2017 announcement last week? ford got wind of this and decided to wait until after this info came out and wants to react accordingly?
Yes, it was revealed late last night/early AM.... http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...ages/news/us/en/2016/feb/cas/0210-camaro.html

I'll actually be in cold Chicago in a few days and during my free time I'll attend the Chicago Int'l Auto Show at McCormick Place on Sat morning so I'll get to see this and all the other new goodies there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Yes it was today. You may have a point there :shrug:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
And another CM interior fail. Seriously who do they pay to come up with the dash lay out ? It looks like a mock up that a 16 y/o would draw in homeroom. YUCK !

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Wow 800x nicer than the regular SS!!! I'm sure these 2 are going to be a very close match on the track.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I do agree it looks better than the SS... on the 1LE's V8 version, the forged concave wheels alone and the F&R diffusers plus the bigger spoiler enhances the aggressive demeanor. As expected, they took goodies from the C7 parts bin to beef up its handling capabilities- MagRide + eDiff to start... and the bigger F 6-pot Brembos too.

Sponsored