Sponsored

GT350R vs Zl1 1LE

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
^ Objectively, it is definitely an amazing amount of car for the money.

Subjectively, after driving a non-1LE, I can definitely say I would never buy the current Camaro generation. Really disliked the seating position, visibility, and how it drove.

Interesting to note that in your link, the dealer wants a $7k premium on a $38k vehicle!

[EDIT: $7k is the 1LE option, not a markup or discount. See next post!]
Sponsored

Last edited:

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
^ Objectively, it is definitely an amazing amount of car for the money.

Subjectively, after driving a non-1LE, I can definitely say I would never buy the current Camaro generation. Really disliked the seating position, visibility, and how it drove.

Interesting to note that in your link, the dealer wants a $7k premium on a $38k vehicle!

Dealer's Price: $37,915
Dealer Discount $7,080
MSRP: $44,995

No, $7k is for the 1LE track package Upgrade: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=216242982

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well, I'm ordering a New 2019 Shelby GT350 (non R probably) and a 2019 Camaro SS 1LE with the NA 455HP engine.

I want naturally-aspirated engines with manual trans and track suspension.

Both are amazing cars and you can't go wrong with either.

The 1LE is a steal. $38,000 for probably the best value car on the street: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=216242982

Fixed lol.

And yes, the SS 1LE is the best performance bargain on planet Earth right now. Period. Don't anyone even try to argue anything about the GT350 or split hairs with the PP2 because you're going to be wrong. With that said, I'd rather pay the premium for my car. I did anyway.

Sponsored

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
If I'm honest, I really don't like either interior's center console.
I'm not a huge fan either, but prefer the Mustang's simpler look. When I test drove a ZL1 the interior felt like it was trying too hard to be super modern. The qualify of the materials did not feel any better than the Mustangs.

I feel like comparing the interior of these cars is the equivalent of "would you rather eat cat diarrhea or dog diarrhea"? Who cares, either way you are eating liquid feces...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not a huge fan either, but prefer the Mustang's simpler look. When I test drove a ZL1 the interior felt like it was trying too hard to be super modern. The qualify of the materials did not feel any better than the Mustangs.

I feel like comparing the interior of these cars is the equivalent of "would you rather eat cat diarrhea or dog diarrhea"? Who cares, either way you are eating liquid feces...
Pretty strong there. If a car made me have an eating diarrhea feeling I sure wouldn't buy it. What car would you say has a good or great interior?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
@Moogatwo i totally agree with your first paragraph...then we will just forget you typed the second one lol

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
My main issue with the Camaro is the wannabe fighter pilot interior dimensions...

how can a vehicle so physically large outside have so little usable space inside?

Its reminds me of the Corvette. Anything directly in front or right in the direct rear is visible which is what you want for the track; just at the expense of everything you would want on the street which is visibility everywhere else.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My main issue with the Camaro is the wannabe fighter pilot interior dimensions...

how can a vehicle so physically large outside have so little usable space inside?
Dimensional on a flat graph yes the Camaro is identical to the Mustang. But the Camaro is actually smaller than the Mustang. It's 2 inches shorter in height than the Mustang and the actual cabin is narrower as well. Marginal inches mean a lot. That's what she said.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I'm with you on the size. The Camaro interior feels like I inside an antique bathtub, peeking over the side...
Sponsored