Sponsored

GT350R HPDE camera and IT setup - seeking input

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
All,

I'll be heading to my 5th track day (3rd with the GT350R) at COTA in June. I'm moving from Texas in July and COTA is a serious bucket list track for me. I would like the event documented for fun and posterity.

The car:

• 2016 GT350R
  • MGW shifter
  • Maximum Motorsports Camber Plates
  • Fresh Michelin Sport Cup 2s
  • Fresh front brake pads
  • ZL1 Addons Tow Hook
  • Ford Performance Oil Separators

My IT setup:

• Harry's Laptimer running on an iPhone 4S 16GB*
  • RAM Twist Lock Suction Cup with Double Socket Arm and Diamond Base Adapter
  • Dual XGPS160 SkyPro Bluetooth GPS Receiver (velcro mounted to package shelf carpet)
  • GOPOINT BT1A OBDII reader
  • GoPro Hero 4 Black mounted forward facing on the rear window

I have the iPhone 4S mounted directly to the RAM "Diamond Base Adapter" using heavy-duty 3M outdoor double-sided tape. The phone is mounted just below the rearview mirror. It's extremely secure.

I tried using an iPhone 6S 128GB to run Harry's but the video was terrible with lots of jello. This seems to be a known problem with more modern iPhones when used in this application. The video from the 4S is excellent, but 16GB means that I need to export the file after every session. Doable, but not ideal.

OR... is it possible to record only the overlap using Harry's and then add it to the GoPro video? Would this

Is there anything else that you'd recommend getting or replacing? Any tips on how to do picture-in-picture with Harry's?
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You can overlay everything from the GoPro and Harry's in RaceRender software. This video was done with a GoPro inside on the roll bar, Garmin Virb on my bumper, Harry's on my phone along with an external mic to the GoPro, a Dual XGPS that decided to not sync up for this session, and finally a BT ODB2 to get telemetry from the car.

[ame]

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
You can overlay everything from the GoPro and Harry's in RaceRender software. This video was done with a GoPro inside on the roll bar, Garmin Virb on my bumper, Harry's on my phone along with an external mic to the GoPro, a Dual XGPS that decided to not sync up for this session, and finally a BT ODB2 to get telemetry from the car.

Not my thread but just wanted to say that looked like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting the video :)
Sponsored