Sponsored

Superchargers and HPDE/Road course

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Why are you so focused on power for the track? Do you feel the car is lacking it and will benefit most from more power rather than other things like suspension, bushings, tires, brakes, aero etc?
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I blew 1 engine, 2 clutches, my friend 1 clutch and 3 engines and another friend with an R, 1 engine

1FB40232-27B1-445A-9791-0E1EB012E8BA.jpeg

A0324495-89E4-42B3-89F8-064FCA6A4946.jpeg

6F674124-1B14-4F94-A8A1-B56D74C4C82E.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Why are you so focused on power for the track? Do you feel the car is lacking it and will benefit most from more power rather than other things like suspension, bushings, tires, brakes, aero etc?
I stated I track drive the car, and Sunday drive it. The car already has a host of suspension and brake modifications for track use, and being a Hp has a large increase in downforce over a standard car. I’m looking to add some power, and some fun while driving it on the streets.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I blew 1 engine, 2 clutches, my friend 1 clutch and 3 engines and another friend with an R, 1 engine
All stock and properly oiled and cooled?

I can see a freak incident for you and the other, but that one friend blowing up 3 engines something is up with his setup or driving.

Also the R doesn't count, that's not a Coyote and those are known to be fragile.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
All stock and properly oiled and cooled?

I can see a freak incident for you and the other, but that one friend blowing up 3 engines something is up with his setup or driving.

Also the R doesn't count, that's not a Coyote and those are known to be fragile.
Mine has a PP2, his a pp3
We believe that one of his replacement engine was defective
Btw, ford footed the bill
Stock gen 2clutch are crap and can’t take high rpm’s shifting
Both cars have air/oil separators
They usually start to use a lot of oil before blowing up

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has a PP2, his a pp3
We believe that one of his replacement engine was defective
Btw, ford footed the bill
Stock gen 2clutch are crap and can’t take high rpm’s shifting
Both cars have air/oil separators
They usually start to use a lot of oil before blowing up
What's a pp3?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What's a pp3?
I think he's referring to a Ford Power Pack 3, which is a new intake manifold and a tune from Ford. Its not a 3rd 'performance pack'

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
Hey everyone,

Log story short, have a good amount of laps under my belt. Have been track driving my new Mach 1, but I still also use it as a sunny day driver in the summer.
I'm looking to add forced induction, not shooting for BIG HP, just add some more RELIABLE power. Previously I have used both Roots and centrifugal systems, but I'm leaning toward a pro-charger and OPG's.

Has anyone here had any experience with a decent amount of Laps with a forced induction system on this platform? I'm afraid of running into heat and reliability issues. Plan on 7-8psi, and a big upgraded intercooler.

Thanks for the input
I have a 2016 with the performance package and added a Vortech supercharger package from Beefcake Racing. https://www.beefcakeracing.com/bfspec2015vortechv3/
Steeda tuned everything and the car makes 686hp at the rear wheels. The car is primarily for track days, a Starbucks run here and there or a Friday Fun Day driver.

I have not had any issues with overheating other than the occasional differential warning (no diff cooler). Also, I am not trying to set any records but I’m definitely able to run with the big boys ($100K+ cars).

One thing I like is that the Vortech doesn’t blast you with a ton of power or torque at the low rpm’s.

Tires and wheels will be my next purchase. Good luck

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
That's why I was leaning Centrifugal, more linear useable power.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I track a TT car at around 7-8psi of boost, the extra power allows you to run with Porsche GT3RS type cars, but as has been stated already, it leads you down a never ending heat management rabbit hole.

e85 is essential, you will need this to keep piston temperatures down. The biggest issue with boost on an NA engine is the ring gaps are too tight, and after 15 min of hard running the ring ends will butt together and break the piston. Guy above already showed us this. Lol. So either pull the pistons out and open ring gaps for boost or run E85 as a compromise. I’ve done both on my car.

Then get ready to use every single trick known to cool engine, oil, etc.

I’ve only scratched the surface, the harder you push the car, the more issues arise
Fuel system with surge tank to solve fuel surge issues
Heat shield everything to protect from massive heat
Multiple oil coolers, sealed ducting, etc
Custom oil breather system to manage crankcase ventilation
lol, its a never ending work in progress, but still fun if you like tinkering and re-engineering stuff.

OP
OP
pappagray

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
I track a TT car at around 7-8psi of boost, the extra power allows you to run with Porsche GT3RS type cars, but as has been stated already, it leads you down a never ending heat management rabbit hole.

e85 is essential, you will need this to keep piston temperatures down. The biggest issue with boost on an NA engine is the ring gaps are too tight, and after 15 min of hard running the ring ends will butt together and break the piston. Guy above already showed us this. Lol. So either pull the pistons out and open ring gaps for boost or run E85 as a compromise. I’ve done both on my car.

Then get ready to use every single trick known to cool engine, oil, etc.

I’ve only scratched the surface, the harder you push the car, the more issues arise
Fuel system with surge tank to solve fuel surge issues
Heat shield everything to protect from massive heat
Multiple oil coolers, sealed ducting, etc
Custom oil breather system to manage crankcase ventilation
lol, its a never ending work in progress, but still fun if you like tinkering and re-engineering stuff.
Cant you just lie to me and tell me its gonna be fine....lol

I'm very torn, I probably run 6-8 lapping days a summer

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cant you just lie to me and tell me its gonna be fine....lol

I'm very torn, I probably run 6-8 lapping days a summer
lol, I’m not saying don’t do it, just giving you a heads up on what to expect.
No doubt, boost up for 1/2 mile and hellcat beatings and boost down for track days makes a fun general purpose car. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
So I went FI in the spring and have done 4 track days since. While it is faster and quicker I am still struggling to get things cool. I still don't know what the full capabilities are yet because I never driven a complete lap after warming up the tires at 100% because the engine will overheat in short order. Nearly all of my sessions have been cut short by a lap or 2. TBH sometimes I regret going FI simply because I am stressed focusing one eye on the CHT instead of enjoying the track. Next up is hood vents and an oil cooler. If that doesn't get me there then I am not sure where I will go.
BTW I saw better track improvements from suspension, brakes, and dedicated track tires than I did from FI.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
BTW I saw better track improvements from suspension, brakes, and dedicated track tires than I did from FI.
Lol, /thread. Basically what most of us have been saying for years, especially in the RR section.

FI should be just about the last thing you do on the car. After you've done every other traction/handling mod in the book and after you've absolutely perfected your driving skills, if you're still struggling against the big boys on the straights then you go FI or high RPM N/A for power.
Sponsored