Sponsored

GT350R Heritage

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Not sure what crowd that you hang with but ever since the first HEP cars launched starting back in February 2020 I have had the opportunity to speak with a great deal of the HEP owners including some very close friends and never was mileage brought up as an issue and that includes when I owned LR041.

Of the ~820 HEP owners there may be a very few owners who may subscibe to your comments but otherwise I suggest that your comments are somewhat strange and weird.
That's fine. I've seen people get into arguments over the whole garage queen debate so its something that I find funny among other things.

I don't fit the typical demographic of the usual HEP owner evidently. I could say the same about your comments lol, but I honestly couldn't care less. Didn't know there was a running popularity contest.
Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Anyone aware of a recent public sale of a HEP R? BaT seems to have an R weekly now, and I do follow the market closelyā€¦. But I donā€™t recall seeming a HEP R come across BaT, Cars and Bids, or Mecum.

All I can say is Iā€™m grateful to have been able to get a HEP R and mine certainly has not been mothballed. 4500 miles and counting. I even have rock chips.
I wonā€™t begrudge anyone for selling at ā€œtop of the marketā€. The way I look at it, especially for these low milage carsā€¦. maybe (hopefully?) the next owner with release that pony and get her out on roads and exercise her a bit.

In the end, everyone has their price. I have zero plans on selling mine in the foreseeable futureā€¦. But were there an opportunity for a 1967 GT350 in Lime Gold with no stripes and inboard driving lights become attainable by giving up the HEP R? Iā€™m going for the 4 seater in a heartbeat.

and yes I do understand today the value of the ā€˜67 is much greater than the HEP Rā€¦.. but I also didnā€™t think I had much of a chance to get one of 280 eitherā€¦. In any case, that would be ā€œmy priceā€ to give up the most fun car I have ever known.
One just sold recently still on MSO and in the wrapper in the market section for $99,000

I sold my 11 mile HEP R with 11 miles on it in July for $101k

A friend of mine sold his wrapper HEP R still on MSO with 6 miles last week for $115k. He traded it for a C7 ZR1 so there was that variable.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That's fine. I've seen people get into arguments over the whole garage queen debate so its something that I find funny among other things.

I don't fit the typical demographic of the usual HEP owner evidently. I could say the same about your comments lol, but I honestly couldn't care less. Didn't know there was a running popularity contest.
I totally agree that you don't fit the typical demographic for the usual HEP owner.

As far as your comments about running a popularity contest, just another example of some strange comments but as you mentioned we all know that you couldn't care less. :wink:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
With not many examples of the HEP R coming in Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue OTT and side stripes I don't think that an extra $1965 was a money grab in the least.

Keep in mind that this cool option was never really supposed to happen but only became reality when Bill Ford wanted the very last 2020 R model and wanted it in some unique colors and options after which time an idea for a final production year package came to light.

After a number of months going back and forth with some of the executive in Dearborn the HEP option the official announcement for the HEP cars was launched by the Ford media on December 19th, 2019 therefore they did not have a great deal of time to get the FRAP ready for production of the GT350 and R models HEP package cars which would launch in the Spring of 2020.

As far as building an additional 100 non R's and an additional 27 R HEP cars, I don't quite follow your suggested numbers but then again I get confused quite easily in my old age these days? :crazy:
Aren't there are more 2020 Wimbledon cars than any other color?

The 100+27 - just saying they should end it like they started it.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Aren't there are more 2020 Wimbledon cars than any other color?

The 100+27 - just saying they should end it like they started it.
If you are talking about the 137 cars assembled for the 2015 MY (100 GT350's + 37 R's) then I understand where you are coming from.

I do know how many R's that were built for the 2020 MY but do not know the color breakdown yet.

Having said that here is the total number of R's built in Oxford White and Shadow Black for the first 5 MY's after which time we can add the 2020 breakdown numbers to these totals once they become available in a few weeks.

Shadow Black - 914

Oxford White - 636

As we all know the FRAP built 280 R model examples in Wimbledon White for the 2020 MY.

Hope that helps some!

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
One just sold recently still on MSO and in the wrapper in the market section for $99,000

I sold my 11 mile HEP R with 11 miles on it in July for $101k

A friend of mine sold his wrapper HEP R still on MSO with 6 miles last week for $115k. He traded it for a C7 ZR1 so there was that variable.
Sweetā€¦ I say this means Iā€™m still racking up free miles! Thanks @dom418

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you are talking about the 137 cars assembled for the 2015 MY (100 GT350's + 37 R's) then I understand where you are coming from.

I do know how many R's that were built for the 2020 MY but do not know the color breakdown yet.

Having said that here is the total number of R's built in Oxford White and Shadow Black for the first 5 MY's after which time we can add the 2020 breakdown numbers to these totals once they become available in a few weeks.

Shadow Black - 914

Oxford White - 636

As we all know the FRAP built 280 R model examples in Wimbledon White for the 2020 MY.

Hope that helps some!
Somehow I got 27 in my head..duh.

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
Again, raw numbers produced are just a small piece of the value pie. When demand outpaces supply, that's when you have a value jump, regardless of amount produced.

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
Yeah, $135k is really attainable. May seem like a joke but when thereā€™s only 280 examples, and nearly everyone is set on keeping theirs, the market demands and can sometimes get what it asks for.
And if you have one without the carbon fiber dash option it is even more rare. Only 64 R's did not have that option.

Sponsored

FastEddie9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350R Heritage Edition, '16 Expedition, '17 Edge
Interestingā€¦ it appears you wanna join the discussion just to throw shade, and maybe youā€™re just being ā€œdefensiveā€ā€¦ idk, but Iā€™m hardly triggered.

My HEPR just turned a year old and has 2540 miles on the clock. Looks like you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.

Last edited:

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
I don't have an R because I wanted the old man seats but a friend got one of the last HEPR's produced. I fell in love with the HEP and having waited 41 years between GT-350's I was ecstatic about Ford bringing back my favorite stripe scheme. I was very excited that my friend was able to get the HEPR but I am very happy my non R HEP. I hope you R guys truly appreciate your cars.

FastEddie9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350R Heritage Edition, '16 Expedition, '17 Edge
Mine will hit one year later this month and I have 2,510 miles. It is so tempting to cash in but I love this car. I've decided not to track it like I did the previous '17 model 350, but I live in the middle of virtually unlimited Appalachian twisties. I drive it to the office on nice days and take a twisty road home. I'll find an old F/500 for track fun.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My next Shelby will most probably be a HEP non-R. A friend already said I will be the next owner once he decides to sell. He is not putting many miles on the odometer.
I already rolled over 30,000 on my 2019, and don't plan on slowing down.
He bought the HEP to have a matching set:

2 gt350's.jpeg

Looking forward to inversing the color scheme...!!!!!

5-8-21b.jpg

5-8-21c.jpg

5-8-21d.jpg

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Mine has over 500 miles on it and is for sale for $2,020,000!!!!

hahaha
Sponsored