Sponsored

GT350R Heritage

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
In 2019 when I started to seriously consider GT350R ownership, I thought that this *COULD* be the last large displacement + naturally aspirated + manual transmission car Ford will put out. It’s seems with every passing day since we have inched closer to that eventuality…

I think it will likely be up to Porsche to carry the manual transmission torch until it is completely regulated out of existence.

The fact that these sports cars also have a bespoke engine never seen before and never to be seen again only adds to the charisma of the GT350R.
I get it...and inside (well I guess I'm saying it, so it's not inside lol) I do want this to be the last and coolest era. Selfishly making the 2020R the last cool N/A car from Ford... Realistically though...while the 350 and 500 are awesome, I don't think Ford will miss the opportunity to "market" a last of breed special Mustang and I think they have time to do it. There have already been patents such as the one for active aerodynamics applied for by Ford.. Now some of this stuff never makes it to a car...and we don't know if perhaps they plan to use this for EV cars (think about how much aero will play a role in future EV track performance) or a last full-effort ICE Mustang. I think there's time and too much money to be made - I predict something else in the pipeline.

SVT Cobra please ;)
Totally get, appreciate and agree with your thoughts about another cool Mustang Pony Car coming down the line but suggest that any future engine performance enhancements will include some sort of electrification additions and do not expect a NA HP engine just coming on it's own.

With that being said I would not rule out a 3rd generation Boss 302 based on 10 model years that has already passed since the last generation Boss 302 that was released in 2012 as a 2013 MY therefore hope that Ford is thinking about a new rendition of a new 2023 Boss 302!:fingerscrossed:

We all know that Ford will never bring back the 2nd generation FPC 5.2 Voodoo engine therefore what a terrific opportunity to bring back a new rendition of a 3rd generation Boss 302 that may be powered by a 5.0 Litre Road Runner engine which could be assisted by some sort of electrification enhancements!!

Can you imagine a 2023 Boss 302 coming with quad exhaust, rear seat delete (LS model), CF wheels/wing, rear wheel drive, manual transmission, EV assist and other enhancements therefore how cool would that be and would expect nothing less from Ford.

If I am still around when that possible outstanding vehicle launches I would be all in!! :wink:
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Ford has already let the cat out of the bag where the performance side of the company is headed. It’s going to be straight up ev. I get it. I think it’s a current push which will take years to materialize to a level that is actually useable. I don’t live in a dense urban area. A car, truck, or bicycle with a legit hundred mile range won’t cut it. Some one will chime in and say the range is…. It’s bs in a real world environment. My daily is a 12k/lb 550. And my recreational is a F250 and a 15k/lb toyhauler. Batteries aren’t the answer. Make no mistake, the political push currently is going to turn the cars we love in to extinction. And much quicker then most of us want to acknowledge. Arguing over the ceiling of a Heritage 350R, 350R, or 350 is pointless. These cars are VERY special, and rightfully so. History and the market will treat these cars very well, just like any other true drivers car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ford has already let the cat out of the bag where the performance side of the company is headed. It’s going to be straight up ev. I get it. I think it’s a current push which will take years to materialize to a level that is actually useable. I don’t live in a dense urban area. A car, truck, or bicycle with a legit hundred mile range won’t cut it. Some one will chime in and say the range is…. It’s bs in a real world environment. My daily is a 12k/lb 550. And my recreational is a F250 and a 15k/lb toyhauler. Batteries aren’t the answer. Make no mistake, the political push currently is going to turn the cars we love in to extinction. And much quicker then most of us want to acknowledge. Arguing over the ceiling of a Heritage 350R, 350R, or 350 is pointless. These cars are VERY special, and rightfully so. History and the market will treat these cars very well, just like any other true drivers car.
No question that Ford is heading for totally electrified vehicles which would obviously include the Mustang model but suggest that we are still a few years away from a straight up electrified Mustang and believe that the upcoming S650 Mustang will be a hybrid of some sort.

Whether Ford's next HP rendition of Mustang (S650) is possibly a Cobra model as mentioned by @stanglife or possibly a 3rd generation Boss 302 model that I would like to see here are some cool features that I personally would like to see on Ford's next HP Mustang many of which features were launched with the 2012 Boss 302 in February 2011 and the 2015 GT350 in July 2015.

* NA HP 302 with electric motor assist
* Manual transmission
* Rear wheel drive
* Large front chin spoiler with metal stanchion supports
* Transmission cooler scoop
* Brake duct cooling hoses
* Quad exhaust
* Quicker steering ratio
* Carbon ceramic brake option
* Rear seat delete
* TracKey
* Carbon Fiber wheels and CF rear wing
* Resonator delete
* Trunk mounted battery
* Carbon Fiber driveshaft
* 8000 RPM redline

Ford, if you are listening I realize that the above list is a great deal to ask for the launch of your next High Performance Mustang but hope that you could at least check most of the boxes for these very cool features. :fingerscrossed: