2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I thought the white on the 350ā€™s. was oxford white where the heritage is wimbledon white.
65 gt350r = Wimbledon
2020 HEPR = Wimbledon
is what I meant. :)

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
I hope you guys dont burn me here... The HEP cars are the most common color R, right? The nostalgia must be super strong today. If I had an original 350R, I would definitely want to get a 2020 HEPR in the matching color, though!
It's a constant debate. Yes, a lot of the 2020 cars had the HEP package. But rarity does not equal value. Excess demand vs supply equals value.

Let's take the HEP R. An estimated 280 units is ridiculously low. Think about how few units that is. Is it way more than the 1 of 1 yellow with no stripes R from whatever year? Yes but there is a reason Ford only made one of those. Nobody wanted them then and the the demand is questionable now.

HEP cars are in high demand. The future is uncertain. 547 GNX's. 107 1993 Cobra R's. 250 1995 Cobra R's. 300 2000 Cobra R's. 280 units is soooo few. Add that it's the last of the mighty GT350 for now and it's got all the right pieces for big future value. I am betting over half are in the wrapper right now.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's a constant debate. Yes, a lot of the 2020 cars had the HEP package. But rarity does not equal value. Excess demand vs supply equals value.

Let's take the HEP R. An estimated 280 units is ridiculously low. Think about how few units that is. Is it way more than the 1 of 1 yellow with no stripes R from whatever year? Yes but there is a reason Ford only made one of those. Nobody wanted them then and the the demand is questionable now.

HEP cars are in high demand. The future is uncertain. 547 GNX's. 107 1993 Cobra R's. 250 1995 Cobra R's. 300 2000 Cobra R's. 280 units is soooo few. Add that it's the last of the mighty GT350 for now and it's got all the right pieces for big future value. I am betting over half are in the wrapper right now.
The difference is, all of the cars you listed didn't have thousands of the same car made in just different colors - they were unique models. I remember the 93 foxbody convertible spring feature cars - they were collected as the last of the foxbody and had a unique look to them but they were the same as the other cars, essentially.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The difference is, all of the cars you listed didn't have thousands of the same car made in just different colors - they were unique models. I remember the 93 foxbody convertible spring feature cars - they were collected as the last of the foxbody and had a unique look to them but they were the same as the other cars, essentially.
Possibly so, but of all the thousands of GT350Rs produced, ONLY 280 came in WW with guardsman stripes.

They stand out from even routine white Rā€™s and the look is not just a heritage Rembrandt but timelessā€¦:sunglasses:

More people can tell the difference of a non-HEPR vs HEPR than GN vs GNX or a 95 Cobra vs 95 Cobra R. The 2000R is unique and is what it is.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Possibly so, but of all the thousands of GT350Rs produced, ONLY 280 came in WW with guardsman stripes.

They stand out from even routine white Rā€™s and the look is not just a heritage Rembrandt but timelessā€¦:sunglasses:

More people can tell the difference of a non-HEPR vs HEPR than GN vs GNX or a 95 Cobra vs 95 Cobra R. The 2000R is unique and is what it is.
Will be interesting to see all the final numbers and colors. 280 of one color definitely makes it the most common R that you might encounter for a 2020 model and over all the years, it will be in the top half of the list for color variation. It's a touchy subject and I don't want to pee in anyones cheerios - just interesting when you hear some conversations that indicate production numbers are the most important - but then other people believe that a specific color brings the uniqueness despite having so many produced.

I'm just a little saucy because while Ford has done some cool things to make that history connection - this felt like quite the money grab. They missed the cool factor of doing another 100 non-R and 27 R in HEP (offered in a lottery at MSRP so that normal people could get them), which is what would have made the send off of the 350 really interesting.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Will be interesting to see all the final numbers and colors. 280 of one color definitely makes it the most common R that you might encounter for a 2020 model and over all the years, it will be in the top half of the list for color variation. It's a touchy subject and I don't want to pee in anyones cheerios - just interesting when you hear some conversations that indicate production numbers are the most important - but then other people believe that a specific color brings the uniqueness despite having so many produced.

I'm just a little saucy because while Ford has done some cool things to make that history connection - this felt like quite the money grab. They missed the cool factor of doing another 100 non-R and 27 R in HEP (offered in a lottery at MSRP so that normal people could get them), which is what would have made the send off of the 350 really interesting.
People that own them get very defensive when the long term collectibility of the HEP comes up, and itā€™s understandable. Itā€™s a neat concept and color. Ford missed the mark on the vinyl stickers and red stitching on the interior.

One thing is for sure is many have been ā€œcollectedā€. Many of the 280 were bought and moth balled so there will always be low mile examples down the road.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Anyone aware of a recent public sale of a HEP R? BaT seems to have an R weekly now, and I do follow the market closelyā€¦. But I donā€™t recall seeming a HEP R come across BaT, Cars and Bids, or Mecum.

All I can say is Iā€™m grateful to have been able to get a HEP R and mine certainly has not been mothballed. 4500 miles and counting. I even have rock chips.
I wonā€™t begrudge anyone for selling at ā€œtop of the marketā€. The way I look at it, especially for these low milage carsā€¦. maybe (hopefully?) the next owner with release that pony and get her out on roads and exercise her a bit.

In the end, everyone has their price. I have zero plans on selling mine in the foreseeable futureā€¦. But were there an opportunity for a 1967 GT350 in Lime Gold with no stripes and inboard driving lights become attainable by giving up the HEP R? Iā€™m going for the 4 seater in a heartbeat.

and yes I do understand today the value of the ā€˜67 is much greater than the HEP Rā€¦.. but I also didnā€™t think I had much of a chance to get one of 280 eitherā€¦. In any case, that would be ā€œmy priceā€ to give up the most fun car I have ever known.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh, I donā€™t see anyone here bothered or defensive about their HEPRs. Maybe you take it personallyā€¦

Itā€™s a persons choice, right? Weā€™re under no mandate to buy certain autos yet, right, and weā€™re under no mandate to sell at a premium, at what purchase or under market value.

All Rā€™s will command more than the base GT350, and thereā€™s no defensive there, just fact.

What one chooses to sell their car for reflects the level of their desire for the car. I recently saw where there was an Iconic Silver 2020 R for sale for $120k :sunglasses: (@stanglife) and @anacar312 would settle for a ā€˜67 to his specs for his.

I can tell you that Iā€™d let mine go for $135k in cash, $120k in platinum, but not much else will move it, including any $135k offer in Bitcoin. Desire is relative.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

With not many examples of the HEP R coming in Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue OTT and side stripes I don't think that an extra $1965 was a money grab in the least.

Keep in mind that this cool option was never really supposed to happen but only became reality when Bill Ford wanted the very last 2020 R model and wanted it in some unique colors and options after which time an idea for a final production year package came to light.

After a number of months going back and forth with some of the executive in Dearborn the HEP option the official announcement for the HEP cars was launched by the Ford media on December 19th, 2019 therefore they did not have a great deal of time to get the FRAP ready for production of the GT350 and R models HEP package cars which would launch in the Spring of 2020.

As far as building an additional 100 non R's and an additional 27 R HEP cars, I don't quite follow your suggested numbers but then again I get confused quite easily in my old age these days? :crazy:

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
People that own them get very defensive when the long term collectibility of the HEP comes up, and itā€™s understandable. Itā€™s a neat concept and color. Ford missed the mark on the vinyl stickers and red stitching on the interior.

One thing is for sure is many have been ā€œcollectedā€. Many of the 280 were bought and moth balled so there will always be low mile examples down the road.
Quickest way to trigger a HEP owner is just ask them how many miles are on the odometer šŸ¤£

Always funny to see people argue to death about not having their car a garage queen but will only put <1,000 miles a year on it, and there are others who need to be brought back to reality when it comes to these cars. Strange phenomenon I will say.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quickest way to trigger a HEP owner is just ask them how many miles are on the odometer šŸ¤£

Always funny to see people argue to death about not having their car a garage queen but will only put <1,000 miles a year on it, and there are others who need to be brought back to reality when it comes to these cars. Strange phenomenon I will say.
Interestingā€¦ it appears you wanna join the discussion just to throw shade, and maybe youā€™re just being ā€œdefensiveā€ā€¦ idk, but Iā€™m hardly triggered.

My HEPR just turned a year old and has 2540 miles on the clock. Looks like you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Not sure what crowd that you hang with but ever since the first HEP cars launched starting back in February 2020 I have had the opportunity to speak with a great deal of the HEP owners including some very close friends and never was mileage brought up as an issue and that includes when I owned LR041.

Of the ~820 HEP owners there may be a very few owners who may subscibe to your comments but otherwise I suggest that your comments are somewhat strange and weird.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Interestingā€¦ it appears you wanna join the discussion just to throw shade, and maybe youā€™re just being ā€œdefensiveā€ā€¦ idk, but Iā€™m hardly triggered.

My HEPR just turned a year old and has 2540 miles on the clock. Looks like you donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.
Wasn't throwing shade or being defensive but okay, I was just cracking a joke lol

Seems like my comment doesn't apply to you then? If you got offended by it then that sounds like a personal problem because it wasn't directed at you. You are not the only HEP owner in existence.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wasn't throwing shade or being defensive but okay, I was just cracking a joke lol

Seems like my comment doesn't apply to you then? If you got offended by it then that sounds like a personal problem because it wasn't directed at you. You are not the only HEP owner in existence.
SMH.
Sponsored