GT350R carbon revolution paint code

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R
Alright....who has touched up their Carbon Revolution GT350R wheels? I keep getting conflicting topics where people recommend Ebony Blk or Shadow Blk Ford paint pens?
Has anyone actually used either, if so which one is closest?
I'm wanting to purchase a paint pen from Ford but I'm just trying to dial in the closest color. Is it crucial I get the exact paint match, definitely not but closer the better.

IMG_20230711_100306355.jpg

I have reached out to Carbon Revolution, waiting on a response currently.

image000001 (1).jpg

Any help you guys could provide would greatly be appreciated.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I used a straight gloss black dupont paint pin to touch up a couple rock chips on mine. Built it up with several applications. Wet sanded it to smooth and buffed it. Can’t tell where I did it even if your trying to find it. I had a couple that were all the way through the clear, base and down to the substrate. Now if your dealing with in on the outer edge it’ll take a little more effort but it’s still doable. I’m a an ex paint and body guy so I’m real picky when it comes to paint.

OP
OP
GB17shelbyGT350R

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I used a straight gloss black dupont paint pin to touch up a couple rock chips on mine. Built it up with several applications. Wet sanded it to smooth and buffed it. Can’t tell where I did it even if your trying to find it. I had a couple that were all the way through the clear, base and down to the substrate. Now if your dealing with in on the outer edge it’ll take a little more effort but it’s still doable. I’m a an ex paint and body guy so I’m real picky when it comes to paint.
Awesome, thanks for the great information.

OP
OP
GB17shelbyGT350R

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Carbon Revolution did respond and recommended I stick with Ebony Black for the touch up paint pen. I found a Ford Motorcraft paint pen on Ebay, we will see how that works out.

Screenshot_20230729-213343.png

Screenshot_20230729-213331.png

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I dont know where the conflicting info came from, but its ebony black just as I have said many times over around here. All the best in your repairs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GB17shelbyGT350R

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Copy and here is 1 more to help the next guy confirm, especially since I have confirmed directly from a Carbon Revolution rep. Sharing a picture of the Ford Motorcraft Ebony paint code(s) pen used and location to purchase.
You have helped many within the forums, for that we are thankful. You have helped me install my Fathouse rollbar, providing information with rollbar installations. This inspired me to document my own experience, providing pictures and the obstacles I encountered to pay it forward helping the next guy looking for direction. 👍🏼🇺🇲

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Question, how did you reach out to Carbon Revolution. Ive reached out a few times via their online form never to be heard from again.

OP
OP
GB17shelbyGT350R

GB17shelbyGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Question, how did you reach out to Carbon Revolution. Ive reached out a few times via their online form never to be heard from again.
I did as well with no response, I was able to make contact with them from my Shelby IG page (@rare_r_260). I figured I would have heard back from the online contact form first 🤷🏽‍♂️

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ever since CR has closed their presence in NA, there is nobody to "get a hold of".

I used to have a contact at CR, but with the closure, there isn't anyone to reach out to anymore.

The problem is that our wheels fall under Ford. As CR sees it, and rightfully so, Ford is the point of contact for any wheel issues or questions. Well, we know how that goes, so act accordingly.

Yes, the paint is ebony black, yes, the wheels can be repaired, yes, I have a ceramic repair solution if the wheels get damaged.

Case in point, I just bought a front GT500 wheel that had FOD damage which caused a small patch of ceramic damage as well as what might be an air leak in the barrel. I will post a thread on its repair in the GT500 section.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I dont know where the conflicting info came from, but its ebony black just as I have said many times over around here. All the best in your repairs.
And before anyone asks this is the same color you can use to touch up the rear carbon fiber spoiler.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And before anyone asks this is the same color you can use to touch up the rear carbon fiber spoiler.
Actually, no. Ebony black is used on the wheels while shadow black is used on the wing.

Ebony black is just black. Shadow black has flakes of purple and metallic as seen under a direct bright light.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Actually, no. Ebony black is used on the wheels while shadow black is used on the wing.

Ebony black is just black. Shadow black has flakes of purple and metallic as seen under a direct bright light.
You are correct about the actual color Ford used. It does have the blue flakes (roof if black optioned and rear spoiler on the R). But AFAIK there is not touch up paint from Ford for that. The color code for shadow black is G1 and ebony black is UA. That Ford paint touch up stick (PMPC-19500-7343A) covers both. You might be able to get something specific from someone else outside of Ford.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Shadow black is easily obtained from any automotive paint seller. It can even be loaded into a rattle can. The purpose of this thread is paint color for wheels. Shadow black, readily available if you want to use the Ford touchup paint pen.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Off topic but yeah, I will echo that - and I've even read shadow black owers saying there is no flake in it ... lol

I almost bought a slightly damaged 350 spoiler that the owner told me was ebony, yet on the close up of the damage you could see the sparkle.

Shadow black :

IMG_2249.jpg

1690973976026.jpeg

Also shadow black, on the exact same roof and vents ...

IMG_4062.jpg

1690974037171.jpeg

It is difficult to capture (in focus) on a phone camera.

I suspect Ford put it in just to add some 'sparkle'. Catch a direct reflection of the sun on a shadow black part (so it's dazzling you) and then move around, the reflection flashes and sparkles - it adds a nice subtle visual effect :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored