ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the discussion on the wheels @Frado as this is something, I might do down the road. Looking at all three companies mentioned here signatureforged.com, project6gr.com, and vibemotorsports.com. Unless I’m missing something, for the cost they are all pretty much equal. Three hundred between project6gr.com and vibemotorsports.com; but, depending on the style you go with from signatureforged.com you could pay less or more by 800 or more. I think when you drop that much cabbage on a set of wheels a few hundred up or down isn’t going to push me to one or the other. At this point I would be thinking about quality, fitment and what isn’t going to cost me more money down the road.

Based on this thread alone I’ve narrowed my options down to two companies, it is now matter of style, the GT350R style or something a little more unique that fits my rides style and me.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have been running 6GR 7 spoke 350R configuration wheels for the last 3 years, bought mine when they were first introduced. I run 310's in front and 325's in the rear, I have no caliper clearance issues and would buy a set again.
Not sure what they go for now but I paid $1650 for the set.
Z-S09_0888.jpg

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If you fit into 1 of 3 categories below, I'd skip them. If none of these sounds like you, run them.

1. You're meticulous and hate scratches, dents, chips, etc. and you're likely to drive your car in non-ideal conditions (rain, in the mountains, etc.).

2. If you track your car and hate chips, scratches, dents. Take these on track and they absolutely will leave scratches (maybe not the first time, but eventually).

3. You don't like poor design and it'll always bother you that someone doesn't give a shit about undersized lug holes or caliper clearance and then proceeds to tell everyone it's not an issue despite the proof.

(can you tell which one I fit into?)
I ran 6GR wheels on track twice (2 full track days) with my track pack gt350 and had no issues. Caught a pebble in my left front though and scratched my caliper a few months after tracking.....

Fast forward one year, got my GT350R... caught rocks going to track and back in ALL 4 wheels on my carbon fiber wheels; all my calipers have more or less signs, and all 4 wheels are scratched.

Enough said. You do the math where damage is/was more costly.
Over and out.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Simply, I have an aversion to anything that is a copy of something else and does not elevate the quality, no matter the cost. Now, come out with a copy of something that is measurably better, then we can talk money.

The fact is, all of these wheels were built to a price point and no one manufactured these because they wanted to make less money.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
If you fit into 1 of 3 categories below, I'd skip them. If none of these sounds like you, run them.

1. You're meticulous and hate scratches, dents, chips, etc. and you're likely to drive your car in non-ideal conditions (rain, in the mountains, etc.).

2. If you track your car and hate chips, scratches, dents. Take these on track and they absolutely will leave scratches (maybe not the first time, but eventually).

3. You don't like poor design and it'll always bother you that someone doesn't give a shit about undersized lug holes or caliper clearance and then proceeds to tell everyone it's not an issue despite the proof.

(can you tell which one I fit into?)
Well I've made that bed so I guess I get to sleep in it. :sunglasses:

Sponsored