Gt350 oil cooler install help?!

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hey my car didn’t come with the oil cooler but on eBay I bought the cooler and the lines. Does anyone know what else I would have to get to make it work? Any help would be so grateful
Sponsored

BKTorch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Uh, dont all gt350Rs come with oil coolers? pretty sure its behind the driver side front fascia.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
2016+ All have engine oil coolers
2016 Track pack also has diff and trans cooler
2017+ All have engine, trans, and diff oil coolers.

OP
OP
shelbygt53

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Uh, dont all gt350Rs come with oil coolers? pretty sure its behind the driver side front fascia.
So is that a no or yes on any help on the install? It’s a 2015 and the 2015 you had to pick the tech or track so they didn’t automatically Come with the coolers but still besides the point looking for anyone who can help me thanks

OP
OP
shelbygt53

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That’s a weird thing to say, you can put that gage in a mustang gt and it will show you that , cause even the mustang gt keeps track of the heat just not cooling but anyway thanks for the help I guess

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hey my car didn’t come with the oil cooler but on eBay I bought the cooler and the lines. Does anyone know what else I would have to get to make it work? Any help would be so grateful
Do you mean the transmission oil cooler? Or the rear differential cooler?

Can you provide part numbers for what you bought?

I owned a 2016 and I added transmission and rear diff coolers so I have some idea of what is needed.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So is that a no or yes on any help on the install? It’s a 2015 and the 2015 you had to pick the tech or track so they didn’t automatically Come with the coolers but still besides the point looking for anyone who can help me thanks
If you have a 2015-2020 GT350 car has an oil cooler.

If you have a 2015-2020 GT350R your car has oil, transmission and differential coolers.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
If you actually have any R model, then it should have come with it. If you have a 15 Tech Pack (non R model), then it would have the eng oil cooler but would not have the trans/diff coolers. All models came with eng oil coolers. If your question is abt the trans cooler, then you need a different transmission with the oil pump in it or an external pump, in addition the the plumbing and small radiator.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Yours will have a engine Oil Cooer. If your talking about the Transmission oil cooler then you will need a external pump, fittings and I recommend a kill switch to turn off the pump when not on the track

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have a R I would change your profile description
Sponsored