bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
taken it to track and seen as high as 285F-295F (depending on track). not freaked out yet, but anyone here knows of a "fix" ? whether higher quality aftermarket oil cooler, better scoop or ???

or just suck it up and change oil more often.
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
BUGS, From pics of people who pulled the bumper the two coolers collect bugs like crazy. If you can get hot water to a hose do that softens the bugs up. You hate to use pressure washer they can bend the fins.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Glad you chimed in. The front end of this car is an absolute bug magnet, maybe because of the way it's driven? Other than hot water, any other suggestions without pulling the bumper?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've found cold water will work but you have rinse/wait repeat alot. Now all my vehicles either wear bug screen bra or window scree behind the grill. Seems after being strained the bug juice is easier too wash off. I've seen radiators so plugged you just replace them. Now that's Florida. Does LA have bugs? Here in evenings you can hear the bugs hitting the windshield.
GrillOff1.jpg

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've found cold water will work but you have rinse/wait repeat alot. Now all my vehicles either wear bug screen bra or window scree behind the grill. Seems after being strained the bug juice is easier too wash off. I've seen radiators so plugged you just replace them. Now that's Florida. Does LA have bugs? Here in evenings you can hear the bugs hitting the windshield.

Great picture

Sponsored

OP
OP

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
not in my case. drove my buddy's car, which went from dealer straight to the track. may be 300 miles on it.

my car was also a week old, but it was detailed, clear bra'ed. so bug isnt the issue here.. it might worsen it later on, but it is running hot without the bugs.

Last edited:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Important info very low miles. So maybe after break in better

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
taken it to track and seen as high as 285F-295F (depending on track). not freaked out yet, but anyone here knows of a "fix" ? whether higher quality aftermarket oil cooler, better scoop or ???

There are Tech packs w aftermarket trans cooler installs running lower temps than you..

Did you check your fluid level? Any noticeable damage to the cooler?
Are you getting good flow?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

What where the ambient temps I have never seen that high.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
ambient temp was 90F and 101F. 2 different days, 2 different cars. this was 2 different drivers back and forth in different cars.

yes, oil fluid is topped up, cooler looks clean.

may be after break in, with new oil, it will be lower. but I doubt it would be more than 10 degree cooler.

we were pushing it pretty hard.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
ambient temp was 90F and 101F. 2 different days, 2 different cars. this was 2 different drivers back and forth in different cars.

yes, oil fluid is topped up, cooler looks clean.

may be after break in, with new oil, it will be lower. but I doubt it would be more than 10 degree cooler.

we were pushing it pretty hard.
I have done a 90 day with out issue but Imagine there is a limit to the car at some point. Someone in Dubai complained about over heating. Id probably just change the oil more often.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
personally going to the track with brand new engines seems risky unless you just doddled around. Did you follow the break in advice in the manual. Regardless that batch of oil is toast you were probably at the 350 range at the hot spot. Tell us you both didn't go rag those engines before they had 500 miles on them.

OP
OP

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
mine was drove from Oklahoma to California in 2 days. I broke in properly (varies rpm, varies load, easy first, on it later) during the trip... then it went on track.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I would have 2 things checked out first . . .
1. The coolant pump in the transmission is working properly.
2. That there are no obstructions limiting oil flow in the cooling system.
Sponsored