Sponsored

Gt350 intake vs stock GT intake tested on a Mustang dyno. Results; The good, the bad

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
Post pics when you get done, cant wait to see how it looks!
Sponsored

Bambinv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
you dont understand how?

Its called one or both of you arent consistent with shifting. Whether people think so or not roll racing with a stick shift requires more then just going through the gears. Id hardly call it dominating. Thats a rather large exaggeration. Dominating is pulling every time and the other car doesnt hang near your car.

Its gives some idea. However it also shows variable in drivers not being consistent. The only thing that will be a very good indicator is trap speeds. Im not ungrateful for your video but there is too many variables in street racing to take this as a closer to the debate. I do think the Cj will pick up a mph or two at best over the gt350.

Dont misunderstand my post either. Im not talking trash here to either of you
I guess you missed in this vid how red cj car with cat deletes and no long tubes beat the Shelby gt350 mani with long tubes, 4 times back to back and Shelby gt350 mani car never gaining ground.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I guess you missed in this vid how red cj car with cat deletes and no long tubes beat the Shelby gt350 mani with long tubes, 4 times back to back and Shelby gt350 mani car never gaining ground.
I guess you missed the point that doesnt mean the gt350 is a good racer. Trap speed is the true indicator of power. Like i said too many variables to use street racing as a debate ender.

Bambinv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
They did high roll also to avoid driver error as well! Trap speed is also all roll racing speed from a 60+ and up. If the Shelby gt350 mani car is capable to trap higher at the track than red cj car, wouldn't you think that after 100+ mph, Shelby gt350 mani car car would've pulled away and not fall back? . You can clearly see red car having more mph on high speeds as he the one pulling away once both cars were in their 1:1 gear!!

Bambinv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Shelby gt350 is a great mani, but cj ftw! Proven results once they get ported of additional 12whp plus another 8whp with a 5 inch intake to match opening of the mono blade. We both don't even have that lol

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
They did high roll also to avoid driver error as well! Trap speed is also all roll racing speed from a 60+ and up. If the Shelby gt350 mani car is capable to trap higher at the track than red cj car, wouldn't you think that after 100+ mph, Shelby gt350 mani car car would've pulled away and not fall back? . You can clearly see red car having more mph on high speeds as he the one pulling away once both cars were in their 1:1 gear!!
roll racing in general still takes skill in a manual. The fact you arent getting that shows you're still fairly green to racing. Which isnt a bad thing nor an insult. If you look at the video the length at which the gt350 lost or kept damn near even is evidence of no consistency. I didnt say itd trap higher then the cobra jet, not once. Go back and youll see i didnt say that. I also said i can see the cobra jet at best trapping 1-2mph better at best with all driver skill being even. Hence the very slow pulling away even with the variables of street racing.

You bring up 1.1 gear but there was 2 different ratios racing that night 3.31 and 3.73s. That changes output. Like i said this video is notanything close to a debate ender. While its great to see the video it doesnt close the discussion that the cj is worth the extra money or options required to fit it. I think the cj is great over all. I just dont see the evidence showing its the clear winner in price, performance difference and extra work to fit it on the s550 chassis over the gt350. Also hes still using the stock tb. I trust when higgs says the gt350tb is better.
Shelby gt350 is a great mani, but cj ftw! Proven results once they get ported of additional 12whp plus another 8whp with a 5 inch intake to match opening of the mono blade. We both don't even have that lol
Thats great, do you not think the gt350 can be ported as well? The 5 inch supposedly gives drivability issues for many. Id also like to point out peak gains do not always equal a faster car.

Had the cj been a 5mph walk away win that is something that could be worth the price difference.

Last edited:

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Whatever the case is so far in my eyes cj manifold is the winner until otherwise [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bambinv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
roll racing in general still takes skill in a manual. The fact you arent getting that shows you're still fairly green to racing. Which isnt a bad thing nor an insult. If you look at the video the length at which the gt350 lost or kept damn near even is evidence of no consistency. I didnt say itd trap higher then the cobra jet, not once. Go back and youll see i didnt say that. I also said i can see the cobra jet at best trapping 1-2mph better at best with all driver skill being even. Hence the very slow pulling away even with the variables of street racing.

You bring up 1.1 gear but there was 2 different ratios racing that night 3.31 and 3.73s. That changes output. Like i said this video is notanything close to a debate ender. While its great to see the video it doesnt close the discussion that the cj is worth the extra money or options required to fit it. I think the cj is great over all. I just dont see the evidence showing its the clear winner in price, performance difference and extra work to fit it on the s550 chassis over the gt350. Also hes still using the stock tb. I trust when higgs says the gt350tb is better.

Thats great, do you not think the gt350 can be ported as well? The 5 inch supposedly gives drivability issues for many. Id also like to point out peak gains do not always equal a faster car.

Had the cj been a 5mph walk away win that is something that could be worth the price difference.
I paid 950$ for my whole cj kit on the forums. Mint condition! New parts when it comes to a intake wouldn't make a difference in my world to be honest! It is bad when you buy a used catback and save yourself 200-300$ bucks? How much do u think is a new shelby mani plus the cost of a Cai?

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Am I reading the description correctly that all the CJs are running e85 and the GT350 is not? I ask this because everything notes e85 (including the CJ with the Flex Fuel notes e85) except for the 350mani. Just curious on this one. Even if it does pan out that the CJ is better performance wise, it's nice to see the 350 mani holding its own for a fairly straightforward install.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Gt350 is on flex fuel should be in the video description

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Just because a car lost doesn't mean it was dominated, I think that's the point he was pushing. The results were convincing, but its not like the CJ's were putting bus lengths on the GT350 mani.

Maybe some context would help... This thread has sparked some conversation about how good the GT350 mani is, some people are suggesting that it might even be a downgrade from the stock mani. I think its pretty well accepted that the CJ mani is superior, but I think that having the GT350 hang close, despite losing every time, suggests that it is in fact an upgrade from the stock mani in WOT applications. It doesn't give the gains a CJ does, but it does appear to be an upgrade over a stock mani. If the GT350 mani isn't an upgrade over the stock mani, that speaks ill of the CJ mani as yall were pretty much racing a stock mani car instead of a GT350.

Bambinv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
The Shelby gt350 mani is definitely an upgrade from stock mani! I pulled the Shelby gt350 mani car car prior these runs while he was still fbo on stock intake Mani by a good amount

Agarc

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carandsoulcustoms.com
First Name
Ant
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
I paid 950$ for my whole cj kit on the forums. Mint condition! New parts when it comes to a intake wouldn't make a difference in my world to be honest! It is bad when you buy a used catback and save yourself 200-300$ bucks? How much do u think is a new shelby mani plus the cost of a Cai?
well not everyone will be able to buy a used CJ for 950 but u can get a brand new 350 one for 1k and change maybe with a TB and most people have intakes and would just need a 4in coupler instead of the 3.5, plus 350 mani is pretty much a simple install with no other modification needed like lowering the engine or cutting the hood etc etc..

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
with different gearing and different drivers doing a race like this, these cars are very even.

what many people don't realize is even a split second on the hit can translate into a car length or two as the race proceeds. if one guys floors it at the beginning of the third honk and one guy floors it at the end of the third honk and they are evenly matched, they won't be even and stay even, the first guy is going to pull away consistently as he is already higher in the acceleration process.

not to mention different gears, potentially different tire heights, vehicle/driver/passenger weights......the intake manifold is probably the smallest least consequential variable in the test.

as far as pricing, compare used GT350 manifolds to used CJ manifolds and new to new. simply stating you can get a used CJ less than a new GT350 means nothing. apples and oranges, of course.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Although I wouldn't be fully sold that it's the nail in the coffin for the manifold debate, with multiple vehicles all showing the same results, it really adds evidence to the CJ's case. Especially considering that it is what Ford deems as it's go-to track manifold as well. Personally, I went with the 350 for the ease of installation and the stock-like appearance.

Side Note: I'm more impressed with the activity level of the community since purchasing my Mustang. This owner's of this generation seem to be leaps and bounds above the fanboys of previous forums I would troll. This was fun to watch and good to see that the community can easily gather up a quick group like this in fairly short notice.
Sponsored