Sponsored

Gt350 intake vs stock GT intake tested on a Mustang dyno. Results; The good, the bad

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Imrc plates are open 100% at full throttle. Test was done to see the caracteristic of both intake at full throttle. I was willing to try your tune because the way you were talking it seem like you was the only one being able to get rid of the surge. I ask for some insight and you offer your tune to me but when I ask for it you never reply.

This was not my car neither my dyno. With my car the test would gave been a bit different. I never deactivate the knock sensor or lock the timing. It's my friend way to do because for him some timing fluctuation have falsify some past test.

When I put it on my car I will optimised it and have some time slip to show. Where are your time slip? Feel free to share it please!
I'm not just talking about on the dyno. A loss of torque would be felt everywhere.

You asked for my tune and didn't even have a GT350 intake manifold and I told you to let me know when you get it installed and I would send it to you. Do you have one installed on your car now? I have replied to every PM you have sent to me. btw, are you using HPTuners anyways? I can't remember, I apologize, you are not the only person who has PM'd me.

Time slips mean very little, especially if you are trying to compare your canadian negative DA to my texas 2000 ft DA.....besides the point anyways, I haven't had time to go to the race track in quite a long time, it's a very low priority and considering I work six days a week and the track is closed on Sunday, it isn't going to happen anytime soon either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
steph93lx

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I'm not just talking about on the dyno. A loss of torque would be felt everywhere.

You asked for my tune and didn't even have a GT350 intake manifold and I told you to let me know when you get it installed and I would send it to you. Do you have one installed on your car now? I have replied to every PM you have sent to me. btw, are you using HPTuners anyways? I can't remember, I apologize, you are not the only person who has PM'd me.

Time slips mean very little, especially if you are trying to compare your canadian negative DA to my texas 2000 ft DA.....besides the point anyways, I haven't had time to go to the race track in quite a long time, it's a very low priority and considering I work six days a week and the track is closed on Sunday, it isn't going to happen anytime soon either.
I check and I did sent the pm maybe you miss my last pm then? It would have been nice to try it.
It's my intake put on another car. It's winter here!

If someone run 11,40's in 2000+ da I know is car is pretty close to mine. But if he run 11.8's is not. By the way I have seen better da in texas during winter evening than in my neighborhood! And we get 2000+ Da in summer also!.
I guess is to each is priority and possibilities . I run my car at the track you talk, discusses and tune! Once I installed it on my car and tune it I could compare both tune at the track if you want!

Last edited:

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
:thumbsup:

ok let me know when you get it installed and I will send it.

we do get good DA in certain parts of texas for a few days of the year but it's been a hot winter this year. texas is pretty big.....

only time the track is a priority is to race.....April 1-3 I will be at the track but it's not time for street cars. Test and Tune nights are a drag around here.....lots of waiting. If I could show up and make three passes and leave then I would probably go out there more but to go out, wait an hour to run, then wait 3 hours to run.....no thanks.

OP
OP
steph93lx

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:thumbsup:

ok let me know when you get it installed and I will send it.

we do get good DA in certain parts of texas for a few days of the year but it's been a hot winter this year.
only time the track is a priority is to race.....April 1-3 I will be at the track but it's not time for street cars. Test and Tune nights are a drag around here.....lots of waiting. If I could show up and make three passes and leave then I would probably go out there more but to go out, wait an hour to run, then wait 3 hours to run.....no thanks.
I understand we all have our things and free time can be rare.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Subscribed. Really trying to decide if the the gt350 and tb is the way to go or the holley sniper once its results come out this month from Upr

Sponsored

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
What is really interesting to me is the loss of power using the GT350 Throttle body vs the stock GT TB. I think it's that step in the GT350 TB that is causing the drop in power vs the smaller yet smoother transition of the GT TB.

Someone needs to put a GT TB on a 5.2 and see if they can make more power.

cobrakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CA Special GT 5.0
What is really interesting to me is the loss of power using the GT350 Throttle body vs the stock GT TB. I think it's that step in the GT350 TB that is causing the drop in power vs the smaller yet smoother transition of the GT TB.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have the GT350 intake and T.B ..... and wonder if I should switch back
to stock t.b. ???? ...as I still have the surging issue as well.
I am running the car WED night, so I will see if the intake helped.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
You guys give up way too easy, surging issue is in the tune and easy to correct.

The step in the GT350 TB has nothing to do with loss of power, LOTS of TBs are like that and actually porting that out really makes the car run like crap on other cars.

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
You guys give up way too easy, surging issue is in the tune and easy to correct.

The step in the GT350 TB has nothing to do with loss of power, LOTS of TBs are like that and actually porting that out really makes the car run like crap on other cars.
I disagree. I think the air flow is being reduced by the step and it's non concentric placement. The dyno plots seem to show that as well.

Would love to see a Kpa data chart overlay with the dyno charts.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I disagree. I think the air flow is being reduced by the step and it's non concentric placement. The dyno plots seem to show that as well.

Would love to see a Kpa data chart overlay with the dyno charts.
If someone wants to send me a TB adapter I am happy to put it together for you (us).

Sponsored
OP
OP
steph93lx

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have the GT350 intake and T.B ..... and wonder if I should switch back
to stock t.b. ???? ...as I still have the surging issue as well.
I am running the car WED night, so I will see if the intake helped.

I think you ran 11.87@118mph with the stock intake. Do you no what was the DA and 60ft ?

It would be great if you share Wednesday 1/4 mile results!

cobrakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CA Special GT 5.0
....sure will.... It was in the low 40s on a clear day at Captiol Raceway...think it was Dec 20th... I think 60ft was like 1.76?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Well last night my cj mani and a friend has cj mani and another friend has a gt350 mani with stock tb and we went to Mexico. Cj mani Has the advantage. I'll have a video by the end of the day on my YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Well last night my cj mani and a friend has cj mani and another friend has a gt350 mani with stock tb and we went to Mexico. Cj mani Has the advantage. I'll have a video by the end of the day on my YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I'd be interested to see would be those 3 cars, next to just a regular GT with say a Lund/Livernois tune all going WOT say in 4th at 3000rpm, to see if the regular GT pulls on the modified intake cars due to having potentially more torque in the 3000-5500rpm region.

I love good road manners and torque is very nice and I love how well this car pulls from like 1500rpm due to the torque.

I know if racing you should be on the limiter and changing gears at redline but at the same time I hate the idea of sacrificing drive ability by losing torque.
Sponsored