Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Is "Engine Sound Enhancement" enabled in the 15-17 GT?
Sponsored

Last edited:

shelbyzim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
It's a fake engine sound played through the interior speakers in sync with the actual engine sound. The goal is to give the occupants the sense that the exhaust is louder than it really is.

The only way to find out how it works is to turn it off - you can't "hear" it because it's just an amplification of the sounds the car makes already. From what I've read, when you turn it off, the engine sound is more muted, as though someone had installed sound
insulation.
The idea of fake canin sound....is just odd to me....There actually is a fake engine sound in the cabin !?!!?
I want to now know what this sound is and feel the difference with it off....so weird.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
When I first heard of the ESE being piped in through the speakers on the GT350 of all cars, I couldn't believe it. But once I turned it off, @JAJ nailed it. It sounded like all of a sudden there was extra sound insulation. I wanted to like it with it off, but honestly....and I hate to admit it...but it sounds better when left on. It FEELS better to drive the car with it on. There are only 2 reasons I would turn it off.

1) If I went with an aftermarket sound system because I've heard that it sounds like complete shit with aftermarket speakers.
2) If I went with long tubes and no cats.

Stock, you can't even tell it's there until you turn it off.

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
"When I first heard of the ESE being piped in through the speakers on the GT350 of all cars, I couldn't believe it. But once I turned it off, @JAJ nailed it. It sounded like all of a sudden there was extra sound insulation. I wanted to like it with it off, but honestly....and I hate to admit it...but it sounds better when left on. It FEELS better to drive the car with it on. There are only 2 reasons I would turn it off.

1) If I went with an aftermarket sound system because I've heard that it sounds like complete shit with aftermarket speakers.

Stock, you can't even tell it's there until you turn it off."

RaiderJ....

exactly, this solution is used on many many vehicles everything from the ecoboost mustang, Gt350, to BMW, audi and Mercedes, Cadillac, and small cars to name a few. It enhances the driver's experience....
What if someone in the know :) was developing an alternative that allowed the driver to select how much, what it sounded like, certain frequencies (profiles) they prefer, and changeable real time with their phone........... (including turn off)
jsut sayin.............
and what if you insulate your car to eliminate road noise, but want to keep the original exhaust tone inside the car......

hmmmmm. I wonder if any early adopters want to try a prototype?

Ramb

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
"When I first heard of the ESE being piped in through the speakers on the GT350 of all cars, I couldn't believe it. But once I turned it off, @JAJ nailed it. It sounded like all of a sudden there was extra sound insulation. I wanted to like it with it off, but honestly....and I hate to admit it...but it sounds better when left on. It FEELS better to drive the car with it on. There are only 2 reasons I would turn it off.

Stock, you can't even tell it's there until you turn it off."

RaiderJ....

exactly, this solution is used on many many vehicles everything from the ecoboost mustang, Gt350, to BMW, audi and Mercedes, Cadillac, and small cars to name a few. It enhances the driver's experience....
What if someone in the know :) was developing an alternative that allowed the driver to select how much, what it sounded like, certain frequencies (profiles) they prefer, and changeable real time with their phone........... (including turn off)
jsut sayin.............
and what if you insulate your car to eliminate road noise, but want to keep the original exhaust tone inside the car......

hmmmmm. I wonder if any early adopters want to try a prototype?

Ramb
That is a really cool idea. And I agree when the sound is turned off it feels like it’s missing something

Sponsored

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
With that being said does anyone have the code to turn the sound back on for a 2016 tech? I was stupid and did not snap a picture :/

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Last edited:

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Sorry if this has been asked already but I have a custom tune loaded from Lund and forscan says it cannot identify the vehicle. It’s asking me for a factory PCM part # before it can load everything... anyone seen this?

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Sorry if this has been asked already but I have a custom tune loaded from Lund and forscan says it cannot identify the vehicle. It’s asking me for a factory PCM part # before it can load everything... anyone seen this?
Weird. I have a custom tune from Lund on my 5.0 after putting a GT350 intake, TB and cold air intake on and it sees it just fine. Odd.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Weird. I have a custom tune from Lund on my 5.0 after putting a GT350 intake, TB and cold air intake on and it sees it just fine. Odd.
thanks for letting me know. I may need to send Forscan an email and ask them what’s up. I may try it again to see if it was some sort of fluke.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
With that being said does anyone have the code to turn the sound back on for a 2016 tech? I was stupid and did not snap a picture :/
Hey Ryan,
Just wanted to see how you made out. Were you able to find the data you were looking for using the Motorcraft website?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I tried the "Internets" and this forum but to no avail. I am hoping to get the GT350 and R splash screen MP4 file. I would like to make a wallpaper out of the splash screen.

Thanks,

Harold

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Hey Ryan,
Just wanted to see how you made out. Were you able to find the data you were looking for using the Motorcraft website?
I have not yet, it’s tough having a Mac
Book. I can sideload the programs but have issues with Bluetooth on my OBDLink mx

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I have not yet, it’s tough having a Mac
Book. I can sideload the programs but have issues with Bluetooth on my OBDLink mx
Yeah, tech can be a PITA.

Let me know if you need anything looked up.

Good luck.

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
This happened to me too. I spoke with Lund, it has to do with them not wanting anyone to access their parameters and the lockout is specific for the GT350. Flash the car back to stock (but don’t start it if you have an aftermarket intake as it will shake and studder), and then do the Forscan mods, it will work fine. Once you make all the Forscan changes, flash the tune again and you’re good to go.
Sponsored