Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
FYI:

Forscan is now charging for licenses beyond a 2-day trial.

Graduated scale up to $50 for a lifelong license.
Figured this was coming. It's a fantastic tool.
Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
OK it took me a few days but I read all 888 posts, made a lot of notes and I would like to make a few simple changes. Tire sizes, double honk, red snake, and maybe fake noise. But the old mind is having a hard time understanding if I have a need to download the as built file from Ford and if so what I do with it once I do. Is it just for reference? I downloaded it and it is an .ab file extension. What program can I use to read it? If I do need it what do I do with it? Thats to all the groundbreakers on this subject.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
It's been a while since I've visited this thread where it helped me use Forscan with my 17GT. I just bought a 19GT and wonder if the codes are the same or have they changed?

Sponsored

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
OK it took me a few days but I read all 888 posts, made a lot of notes and I would like to make a few simple changes. Tire sizes, double honk, red snake, and maybe fake noise. But the old mind is having a hard time understanding if I have a need to download the as built file from Ford and if so what I do with it once I do. Is it just for reference? I downloaded it and it is an .ab file extension. What program can I use to read it? If I do need it what do I do with it? Thats to all the groundbreakers on this subject.
Once you have the dongle and download the Forscan extended license, you just need to plug into the car and that’s it. It will ask you if you want to load the “as built” for your car, and you say “yes”. Once that’s done, you can go into the different modules and make changes. I have a 2018 F150 and many of the mods are the same (horn honk, screen boot up image, drl’s, etc.).

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Once you have the dongle and download the Forscan extended license, you just need to plug into the car and that’s it. It will ask you if you want to load the “as built” for your car, and you say “yes”. Once that’s done, you can go into the different modules and make changes. I have a 2018 F150 and many of the mods are the same (horn honk, screen boot up image, drl’s, etc.).
Thank you, I think I have it all figured out but could not figure if I needed the Ford as built file. I think once I start doing it I will be fine. I also just figured out how to read my downloaded as built file. Learning more every day, good stuff.

Last edited:

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
This thread has gone somewhat dormant as a lot of the early cars have been modified to add the missing temp gauges, sensors and coolers. All the other stuff has already been figured out. Speedometer correction, changing splash screen, double horn honk, and more. I am kind of late coming to the party and find this thread very interesting. I am not a fan of the fake interior noise being piped into the speakers but all the information and research done seems to not apply to the 2019 MY with the B&O sound system. My as built data files do not match any of the information given to disable it. This is way over my head so does anyone need a challenge and want to take a shot at it?

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
This thread has gone somewhat dormant as a lot of the early cars have been modified to add the missing temp gauges, sensors and coolers. All the other stuff has already been figured out. Speedometer correction, changing splash screen, double horn honk, and more. I am kind of late coming to the party and find this thread very interesting. I am not a fan of the fake interior noise being piped into the speakers but all the information and research done seems to not apply to the 2019 MY with the B&O sound system. My as built data files do not match any of the information given to disable it. This is way over my head so does anyone need a challenge and want to take a shot at it?
You can also root around here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/page-140

Sponsored

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Anyone know the values to disable the ESE for a 2019 GT350 via the asbuilt? Trying to do it through configuration is failing with "service procedure has been interrupted" error.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Ok, done!

I have the R splash screen, disabled the ANC, activated NAV in motion, no double horn upon exit with key, and no seat belt reminder.

Easy peasy. :)
Hey what module did you activate NAV in motion? Can't seem to find that one.

stangdano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Mustang
I'm just getting into the FORscan mods myself, but I think NAV in motion is this:

Navigation In Motion - Enable/Disable (Note: This will also disable Sirius Travel Link/911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report, and Changes vehicle clock time by several hours)
APIM 7D0-02-01 : x?xx xxxx xxxx Change ? to: 5-Disable (off-default), 7-Enable (Non-US Region)

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm just getting into the FORscan mods myself, but I think NAV in motion is this:

Navigation In Motion - Enable/Disable (Note: This will also disable Sirius Travel Link/911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report, and Changes vehicle clock time by several hours)
APIM 7D0-02-01 : x?xx xxxx xxxx Change ? to: 5-Disable (off-default), 7-Enable (Non-US Region)
I just tried this on my 19GT 400A and it did not work. Put it back and it gives me the creeps when it has a "hex error", or something of that nature.

stangdano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Mustang
I just tried this on my 19GT 400A and it did not work. Put it back and it gives me the creeps when it has a "hex error", or something of that nature.
Yeah, I think the model year 18+ run a different AsBuilt. Also worth mentioning that this thread is GT350 specific so I wouldn't necessarily follow the mods detailed in this thread for a GT. There's another thread going for general Mustang AsBuilt changes that might give you more info that was posted earlier in this thread.

Sponsored