Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone figure out how to take the counting clock out of the main display?

I dont want to see the time traveled when driving?

thanks
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
UPDATE: Happy to report after some digging on Forscan's site, I found out the problem and what I needed to download. Got the Trans sensor working and the 350R display. Couldn't turn the sound enhancement off. The Track code provided by Matt doesn't work on Tech's. It shut off my Sirius Radio haha. Anyone know the code?

If you download the latest version, visit http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=340&start=40 and download the file suggested on the 3rd to last post "calibration" and put it in the Forscan file you create.

I'm using OBDlink MX and Windows 10 with bootcamp on my MacBook Pro
I had the same issue, but thanks to this post I got it all worked out.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
NOTE OF INTEREST - I discovered that if you disable the Engine Sound Enhancement you also loose 90% of the Navigation voice guidance volume. There is something there, but it is not discernible no matter how loud the volume is set. Some of you may not care, but those that do, be aware.
It was noticeable when I turned it back. The radio volume was louder when I turned it back on. Good find Sir. :cheers:
The radio technically is "louder" with the engine sound off because there is no longer the fake engine noise to drown it out. The Navigation/Prompt volume is easily raised by adjusting the volume knob during a voice prompt. I just picked a local place to eat on the NAV and adjusted it as soon as the Sync voice started talking. You have to be quick because it only lets you adjust the prompt volume while it's active, then goes back to normal volume control. Why they don't have a separate place to change it makes no sense. I have it set to 13 which is the default on my 2016 Edge and Fiesta ST.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Sub

Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I had the same issue, but thanks to this post I got it all worked out.
Glad it helped.

Anyone having any glitchy radio's after making changes? Today my radio decided to turn itself off. Wouldn't let me turn it back on. Shut the car down for about 30 min then it came back on. Started to jump around and change channels on sirius, then stopped. Possessed Sirius maybe.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad it helped.

Anyone having any glitchy radio's after making changes? Today my radio decided to turn itself off. Wouldn't let me turn it back on. Shut the car down for about 30 min then it came back on. Started to jump around and change channels on sirius, then stopped. Possessed Sirius maybe.
I think that is just a sync issue. It's been reported on other model fords running the same software. My brothers 350 does it randomly also and it has no forscan tweaks.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Glad it helped.

The only change that I have seen affected the radio is turning of the enhanced engine sound. That seems to reset the radio and a few other features. I turned the enhanced sound back on and everything went back to normal.

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
can you use this to disable air bag lights ? like for instance you do aftermarket seats you can use this to turn off the air bag lights.?

Sponsored

msgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Switched over to the 'R' splash screen! Thanks [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION]!
image.jpg

Syberspace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Got the trans temp to display! Cool!!
Used the OBDLink MX and it worked perfectly. Also disabled the belt minders.

Thanks all for the info and effort on this.

Bill

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Awesome, awesome, awesome!

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
OK I just reread all 22 pages of this thread and still have a question. Some have said it is better to get a bluetooth MX reader rather than wifi. Is there a reason for this? It seems there are both bluetooth and wifi adapters available and I want to pull the trigger for the easiest one to use.

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
OK I just reread all 22 pages of this thread and still have a question. Some have said it is better to get a bluetooth MX reader rather than wifi. Is there a reason for this? It seems there are both bluetooth and wifi adapters available and I want to pull the trigger for the easiest one to use.
To make any changes you need to use the windows forscan. Bluetooth works with windows and android. Ios devices can only use the wifi unit.
Sponsored