Sponsored

GT350 AC Issue

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I was having AC issues BEFORE the recall. I had them check it out last week - hose was leaking - they did the oil ine recall and replaced the AC hose at the same time - car is now ice cold.
Sponsored

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
Add one more ..

Had this problem a few months ago -- pre-oil line recall. Brought it in for service on that issue alone, but the A/C worked fine when I tried to replicate problem for the Advisor. I left it with dealer for 2 days and they still could not get it to replicate problem.

A/C worked fine for few months, but again today -- when it's over 80 degrees, on Max or regular the A/C is blowing hot air, much hotter than outside temps. Car was parked out in the sun, but air blew hot no matter how long I drove around. Don't know if it's related but my outside temperature was reading 62 deg. when it was obviously hotter than 80 degrees outside.

Spoke to Service Advisor who deals with many 350s and he says he's only seen 2 cars with problems - one a compressor and one a switch or sensor. No choice but to bring it back in and leave it with dealer agai; or wait until Ford recognizes this problem is happening more and more..

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Feel like to have any cooling power, need to put temp down to low 60s. Never really had a car where I needed to set this low. With high 60s, feels like its blowing somewhat cooler air, but it's not that cold.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
this ^^^, i just set and keep the AC to max and turn down the fan. Also, if i dont use the AC for a week, it takes a while to get cold. So I purposely turn it on once a week, just so i dont have issues when i really need it. I really dont want to take it to the dealer because they wont be able to replicate the issue.

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Moreover, the dealers seem pretty lame in dealing with the issue. For their "test" they put the A/C down to 60, stick their hand in front of the vent and say "yup, it felt cold to me" The right way to do it is to have an electronic temperature sensor that tells you how cold the air is coming out of the vent. If not up to spec, then they should know there's an issue.

Noticing these Ford dealers don't have much sophistication compared to other performance car marques. If you want to compete with Europe, better also have service that matches the car!

this ^^^, i just set and keep the AC to max and turn down the fan. Also, if i dont use the AC for a week, it takes a while to get cold. So I purposely turn it on once a week, just so i dont have issues when i really need it. I really dont want to take it to the dealer because they wont be able to replicate the issue.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
4000 miles post oil cooler recall my AC just started blowing hot. Im in FL, not cool !
Go past 3k, high chance of limp and AC fail. But, you have 2017. Didn't know they had issues.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
my ac is out, went out also after recall. haven't went in to fix yet. DTC codes for refrigerant pressure low.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Oh whoops i had my oil line recall done 5/12. Less than 1000 miles ago. Now I am more suspicious.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Had my oil line recall done on June 16th, 2017, my A/C is still working fine and blowing cold. About 6000 miles on the car now.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
4000 miles post oil cooler recall my AC just started blowing hot. Im in FL, not cool !
Like you, I live in a hot climate and use a/c all the time. I've had the OEM evaporator fail at 5000 miles and have had TWO replacements (one failed in just 3 months). Ford's evaporators have a widespread and nagging defect on all the S550 Mustangs. There have been countless part revisions of evap assemblies within months. The evap repair process is labor intensive and requires removal of the dash and instrument panel.

More likely than not your problem is the evap. Check out threads on this site and others. I worry about the warranty running out.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
About 500 miles after the oil line recall for me and AC acting up. Not sure if it's related... Could be we are just making the connection since most of us DO get the oil line recall and then a high occurrence of the AC condenser failing in these cars.
Sponsored