GT350 AC Issue

ShelbyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just brought my 2016 in for the oil line recall fix.... All seemed to go well until I got in the car and found that the AC was blowing hot air. I also had to redefine the bluetooth pairing for my iphone as the configuration had mysteriously vanished. The tech filled charged the system with freon and told me the APIM had thrown a fault. He swears he didn't touch the AC or disconnect the battery when he was replacing the oil line..... not sure what happened, but my AC was working fine before he worked on it... Does anyone else have an issue with the AC system leaking freon or is it just me?
Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Mine is working off and on. I dont think its leaking but i am going to be seeing the dealer about in a week or two...before it gets hot

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Right after the oil cooler repair, mine started blowing warmer air thru the two vents on the driver side and colder air on the two vents passg side, After a few minutes it stabilizes and a/c functions normally. Maybe I just noticed it after the recall and had been there before.

OP
OP
ShelbyGirl

ShelbyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think there may be a relationship... I suspect that the oil lines may be in close proximity to the AC lines that may have been disturbed enough to cause the refrigerant to leak out.... also possible that he disturbed electronics or caused a voltage spike that wonked out the APIM and/or climate controls... .i did notice that the APIM is mounted to the back of the LCD screen....it may have influence over the climate control functions as well....

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coincidence or not, my AC is blowing hot air and I just had the oil cooler recall last week. It's clearly losing refrigerant.

It's hard to say cause-effect with the recall since the AC lines are on the passg side and the oil cooler and the line are on the driver side. Regardless, it's under the warranty. Another trip to the dealer...

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Think i'll pass on this recall - approaching 19,000 miles i'm good.

At the very least i'll wait until the dealers learn these cars .

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Luckily for me(lol), I had AC problems before I brought it in for the recall. They tracked down the intermittent AC blowing warm air down to a sensor/switch, and recharged the system for me. All is well now.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here in the tropics we use the AC all the time so I would notice immediately if it's not working. It started by blowing warmer air thru the driver side vents, then eventually no cold air at all. The evaporator is shot but lucky me the dealer has it on stock.

What is concerning is that the dealer reported a fair number of new Mustangs coming in with evaporator defects. And yes, the entire dash must come off for the installation.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just brought my 2016 in for the oil line recall fix.... All seemed to go well until I got in the car and found that the AC was blowing hot air. I also had to redefine the bluetooth pairing for my iphone as the configuration had mysteriously vanished. The tech filled charged the system with freon and told me the APIM had thrown a fault. He swears he didn't touch the AC or disconnect the battery when he was replacing the oil line..... not sure what happened, but my AC was working fine before he worked on it... Does anyone else have an issue with the AC system leaking freon or is it just me?
I just noticed my AC was not working last week. I was taking it in anyways for other work. They said the AC line broke and ordered the part. I had not used AC since last summer, so unsure when it broke. If you need more details, let me know.

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
Add one more to the list of folks with AC problems AFTER oil line recall repair.....intermittently the AC blows hot air for some time from both sides....

I had no problems with AC before this recall work.

I turned it in today and tech is unable to replicate this problem. He will try again tomorrow.

I am hoping it is not evaporator...

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im in window down or up weather. Not using AC or heat so hopefully i have no problems.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
My AC went on the fritz last week. It took about ten minutes before I was able to get cold air. During the time I was waiting for the ac to kick in, it was blowing warm air, and partially cycled cold air, until it eventually worked. I have not had the engine oil cooler line replaced yet. I guess I have to take it in too, sigh.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 GT had AC problems. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to my GT350.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
i notice my car seems not as cold as my 2015, i also notice the voltage gauge reads lower than my 2015, maybe they decided to underdrive these components?
Sponsored