Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I like the GT I own, would not trade places with anyone. Just shows ya there is a seat for every ass.

It is interesting to me how much taller the 350 looks comparing the 2, low and wide.

DSC_0232.JPG

Suspension is stock
DSC_0230.JPG

Just another opinion .
Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
I like the GT I own, would not trade places with anyone. Just shows ya there is a seat for every ass.

It is interesting to me how much taller the 350 looks comparing the 2, low and wide.

DSC_0232.JPG

Suspension is stock
DSC_0230.JPG

Just another opinion .
each one in that line is an excellent find

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have a friend that dodged a bullitt with a hellcat.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

DSC_0232.JPG

Suspension is stock
DSC_0230.JPG

Just another opinion .
Shelby looks lower to me. I didn't have stripes on mine, but the white Shelby stripes really look good with that blue.

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
With the proliferation of electric vehicles and the general disdain of the general public over environmental concerns, I’m not sure the whole value thing applies anymore. Shocking, but unfortunately true. The audience for these vehicles is diminishing.
True. I saw steam engine automobiles in a museum. They do not have broad collectible value unlike their gasoline engine counterparts.

As far as GT vs GT350 goes - I feel like GT350 is more of a exotic/weekend car for my realm. I'd have to have a dedicated place in a garage for it and another car to DD. This whole thing wouldn't not look right for me.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
A Shelby is great if you want to show it, and it's an investment. If you want to drive it, you need a sponsor. If you are driving and paying your own bills, better to have a GT.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F

DSC_0232.JPG

Suspension is stock
DSC_0230.JPG

Just another opinion .
In regard to the “lower look”, I’m pretty sure they designed the 2018+ S550 models to have a lower hood-line than the previous models (including GT350’s with the older headlight design).

In regards to the debate, I’m rethinking my decision on my 2020 GT S550 PP1 purchase as a track car. I should’ve went M1, or GT350 I think. Still debating if I should continue the build, or stop - and purchase a GT350 or M1. 😑

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In regard to the “lower look”, I’m pretty sure they designed the 2018+ S550 models to have a lower hood-line than the previous models (including GT350’s with the older headlight design).

In regards to the debate, I’m rethinking my decision on my 2020 GT S550 PP1 purchase as a track car. I should’ve went M1, or GT350 I think. Still debating if I should continue the build, or stop - and purchase a GT350 or M1. 😑

That's a tuff one, if you could pull it off. The later would most likely, in the end be the better choice .

Over the years I done, not to a Mustang what you're attempting. When buying the Mustang and learning from my past went for the PP2.

Yes, it might could use a different 6sp. Until or if I grenade this one, creates the perfect storm for an upgrad .

I would have liked a rear oil cooler, also simple to mend. 1oldracer has a thread about one he built.

Kutos to him for the idea and execution, real slick and the way I would go.

So 350 or M1 the choice as I see is, Flat_pane or Coyote ............ decisions........ decisions

Ain't life a bitch ... LMAO

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
That's a tuff one, if you could pull it off. The later would most likely, in the end be the better choice .

Over the years I done, not to a Mustang what you're attempting. When buying the Mustang and learning from my past went for the PP2.

Yes, it might could use a different 6sp. Until or if I grenade this one, creates the perfect storm for an upgrad .

I would have liked a rear oil cooler, also simple to mend. 1oldracer has a thread about one he built.

Kutos to him for the idea and execution, real slick and the way I would go.

So 350 or M1 the choice as I see is, Flat_pane or Coyote ............ decisions........ decisions

Ain't life a bitch ... LMAO
I have even more cooling issues, because I went A10 because I heard the 6spd wasn’t the best and had issues. So I have to cool the oil, and the Trans. After wrapping the rear exhaust next to the diff, and BG 75-140, my rear diff issue went away, thankfully. I’d probably still do a rear cooler to be safe.
My main concern is Trans and Oil. I have a quote for Mishimoto Oil/Trans and then the rear cooler everyone uses - $6K installed for all 3 including labor and parts. Price sounded good, but haven’t dropped the car off yet.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have even more cooling issues, because I went A10 because I heard the 6spd wasn’t the best and had issues. So I have to cool the oil, and the Trans. After wrapping the rear exhaust next to the diff, and BG 75-140, my rear diff issue went away, thankfully. I’d probably still do a rear cooler to be safe.
My main concern is Trans and Oil. I have a quote for Mishimoto Oil/Trans and then the rear cooler everyone uses - $6K installed for all 3 including labor and parts. Price sounded good, but haven’t dropped the car off yet.

Good to read wrapped mine also, seems good, glad to hear same from another.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I just went through struggling with what to buy. Boosted GT, 2021 Mach 1, GT350. I bought a 2020 GT350. I could not get over the look of the front end or the sound. Still can't

I had a 19 GT PP1 A10 - was on the fence between supercharger kit for my current car- buying a Roush - buying a GT500 - or buying a GT350

I found a few dealerships that had used 350s and 500s and drove the GT350 and GT500 back to back 3 times

I ended up with a 350R but it was close with the 500

Dont get me wrong- the 500 was awesome and stupid fast- but I just couldnt get over the sound and the manual transmission (my A10 was my first auto Mustang) the 500 was really fun full throttle but with all the super fast EV cars coming out- I wanted something with more driver involvement - in the end I just felt like whether cruising or messing around the 350 was more fun

I ended up with an R- but would have have bought a 350 as well- I was looking for certain things- Performance Blue / Recaros/ carbon fiber dash- and I just happened to find an R first

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I had a 19 GT PP1 A10 - was on the fence between supercharger kit for my current car- buying a Roush - buying a GT500 - or buying a GT350

I found a few dealerships that had used 350s and 500s and drove the GT350 and GT500 back to back 3 times

I ended up with a 350R but it was close with the 500

Dont get me wrong- the 500 was awesome and stupid fast- but I just couldnt get over the sound and the manual transmission (my A10 was my first auto Mustang) the 500 was really fun full throttle but with all the super fast EV cars coming out- I wanted something with more driver involvement - in the end I just felt like whether cruising or messing around the 350 was more fun

I ended up with an R- but would have have bought a 350 as well- I was looking for certain things- Performance Blue / Recaros/ carbon fiber dash- and I just happened to find an R first
I did not want the stress of the Carbon Fiber Wheels. I never curb why wheels, but then there is theft and so on. I knew I could swap them but then what was the point. And I also thought a back seat may come in handy but unless you have kids, nope. So I chose not to get a R.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I did not want the stress of the Carbon Fiber Wheels. I never curb why wheels, but then there is theft and so on. I knew I could swap them but then what was the point. And I also thought a back seat may come in handy but unless you have kids, nope. So I chose not to get a R.
Understand completely! I spent 1200 dollars to add back seats and mine is not a daily driver so is in the garage most of the time or somewhere relatively safe .....like you I've never curbed a wheel but now I don't take it anywhere ill need to parallel park just in case lol I actually thought I bought 2 gt350s (non R) before this.

One was from carmax but in the process of moving it from Texas to California they crashed it. Another was in Arizona ...I was negotiating the price ...trying to get then down another 1000 over the phone and in the middle of going back and forth someone walked in and bought it
Sponsored