Gt running rich not adjusting

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Been retuning my new 2021 GT, and my tuner says my data looks off. The only code I am consistently getting is P008A low pressure, but I'm still running rich on pulls, car is not adjusting like it should. I've got Stainless power headers and stainless work catback exhaust, and JLT CAI that were installed when I bought the car. I bought thru auction so previous owner was not disclosed. Injectors and spark plugs look to be stock, but I'm not sure how to check if other performance mods were installed. Attatched my latest datalog, a pull to 4k rpm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Attachments

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah thats really rich, 0.6 lambda at 4k RPM, 0.8 would be more normal.

1714678754145-tl.png

That bank 1 AFR is odd at the beginning too, I don't immediately understand why it deviates from bank 2.

Your STFT is stuck at 1 the whole time, what's done to this car? Does it have a tune? I ask that specifically because it seems to be following a programmed curve during the pull, which leads me to believe that this is intentional and the previous owner may have tuned it to do this.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not to experienced at tuning or reading the logs so I don't exactly know what all that means, but I have programmed a new tune based on the mods I am aware of since getting it. Same tuner.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm not to experienced at tuning or reading the logs so I don't exactly know what all that means, but I have programmed a new tune based on the mods I am aware of since getting it. Same tuner.
What does the tuner say? Is this the behavior they expect?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Get a fuel pump, or at least check it.

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
0.6 lambda is an afr of 8.5:1, which is rich for an NA coyote of any generation. 1 lambda is 14.1:1 which is normal. When you put your foot down it goes into enrichment mode and adds more fuel, and that typically ends up being around 0.8 lambda or 11.3:1 AFR. Before the pull, Bank 1 goes really lean for a second before hitting the target again. Which is odd. The STFT should not be 1 all the time, it should move around constantly, LTFT should move too but slightly slower.

The thing is that its following a curve, its not all over the place it looks like it was tuned to be rich like that.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Retuning for what? Something added? just for fun? Did it run fine before? Different tuner? Something is off.

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
No, it is not what he is expecting. He has asked me to try and verify there are no other mods on the car, which is why I was asking if there were ways to check.

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
When i first got the car and drove it back up to school on 93 octane and twice the car downshifted from 10th to 9th suddenly, and a good amount of light colored smoke came out of the exhaust. I got a “See manual” light and had a check engine light at one point but it went away after i stopped and cut the car off. Also was getting a "10th gear ratio incorrect" code which could have been from a wonky previous tune, or that's my best guess

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
He has asked me to try and verify there are no other mods on the car
Guess other than the fuel pump, check the injectors 4-holes stock > 6-holes LU47's. But he should be able to tell in the logs.

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No, it is not what he is expecting. He has asked me to try and verify there are no other mods on the car, which is why I was asking if there were ways to check.
yeah you have to get under it and look at stuff. Look at the front 02 sensors, the rear o2 sensors, the intake, the MAF, check for exhaust leaks at the block where the headers connect.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Quick glance, your throttle never opens past 40% and yout IAT is stuck at -40 F.

Make sure your wires to the MAF sensor are not cut.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase