Ground Control S550 Adjustable Ride Height Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well called to order and they were already sold out of springs for my rates I wanted. 300lb fronts and 800lb rears. Waiting for springs to come in now.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The Roush system includes adjustable ride height, correct? If so, are you able to measure the inside diameter on the bottom of the spring? You should be able to swap out the included spring for a linear spring, and purchase our camber plates with a spring hat to match.

Trevor
It is an adjustable perch, threaded body and I will measure the inside diameter. I'll also try to figure out the spring rates so I can get a better idea of where I might go up to.

This is pretty cool to find another option besides scrapping the whole Roush kit. I'm not out of adjustment on the shock settings with my current setup so I think the shocks can handle stiffer springs.

Thanks!

OP
OP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
It is an adjustable perch, threaded body and I will measure the inside diameter. I'll also try to figure out the spring rates so I can get a better idea of where I might go up to.

This is pretty cool to find another option besides scrapping the whole Roush kit. I'm not out of adjustment on the shock settings with my current setup so I think the shocks can handle stiffer springs.

Thanks!
Perfect! We should be able to set you up with a linear spring no problem! Our camber plates are designed to work with stock size, 60mm, 2.25", and 2.5" springs. I'm almost positive your lower perches are one of those sizes.

Trevor

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
This kit design is very similar to what I used on my SCCA IT7 car (see avitar). The combination with your camber plates is on my list to Santa. ;)

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
The softest front spring you have is 300? And, using a 300 front, what ride heights will be available without cutting the factory lower perch off?

OP
OP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
The softest front spring you have is 300? And, using a 300 front, what ride heights will be available without cutting the factory lower perch off?
We do have softer rates available, however I wouldn't recommend it. We can build the kit to get you to stock ride height, and use different lengths to get you to about -2.5" below stock.

Thanks!

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
How well would these work with the stock performance package suspension? Would you recommend going with these and the koni? I want to lower my car but I want to improve the handling for when I start doing track days.

OP
OP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
How well would these work with the stock performance package suspension? Would you recommend going with these and the koni? I want to lower my car but I want to improve the handling for when I start doing track days.
We installed these on stock PP dampers here and the car rode great. We didn't go with too high of spring rates as the car was set up for a daily driver, however it is possible to use this system with the OEM struts/shocks. I would recommend the Koni sports as they are rebound adjustable and include a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

Another plus is that this system can work with the OEM dampers and can also be swapped over if you plan to upgrade to Koni in the future.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
I rather like the ride/handling balance of my PP setup, but I'd love to be able to drop the car an inch or so. I like the idea of being able to adjust the height rather than be stuck with whatever I get with lowering springs. Duplicating the factory ride should be simple enough, what do you think? I wouldn't object if the handling got even better as a side effect, but the main objective is the adjustable height with stock-like comfort.

Edit: Doh! I just realized you already did this as a test.

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
We installed these on stock PP dampers here and the car rode great. We didn't go with too high of spring rates as the car was set up for a daily driver, however it is possible to use this system with the OEM struts/shocks. I would recommend the Koni sports as they are rebound adjustable and include a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

Another plus is that this system can work with the OEM dampers and can also be swapped over if you plan to upgrade to Koni in the future.

Thanks!
Thanks! Looks like this will be my next purchase. Any promotions coming up?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Pretty sweet, this and the camber plates. I am/was a Global West fan back in the 90s and they used my F-body to develop several components. So Ground Control was an arch enemy to Doug. I thought GW had you guys beat back then but this is REALLY nice stuff and of course GW doesn't even make any current vehicle products any more IIRC.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.