Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Shoot me your email to [email protected] - I will send to our internal team for consideration!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Finishing up my install tomorrow but have a dumb question...do the helper/tender springs go on the top or bottom. Dont see any pics or installation information on them.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Finishing up my install tomorrow but have a dumb question...do the helper/tender springs go on the top or bottom. Dont see any pics or installation information on them.
Bottom or slips over the ride height adjuster.
Steeda Tech

Norcal55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp, 2007 Toyota Tundra, 2003 BMW Z4
I just installed my front coilovers and I have a 2”+ gap between tire and finder. I already had camber plates with sportline springs, so I bought the coilovers and springs separately. Steeda customer service suggested 225lbs springs at 10” because I wanted the same ride height as the sportlines. During the install I called for advice on initial set up and was told to set spring about half way on the threads. When I dropped the car down there was a 3” gap. I backed the spring nut all the way down and it barely changed the ride height about 1/2”. So I am wondering did I need 8” springs or could there be another issue. Any advice is appreciated.

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
I would have to measure mine but it looks to be an inch or less. Mine are pretty much all the way down. It has 275lb springs, assume 10", with the helper springs, steeda camber plates. 255/35/20 on 8.5 wide wheels.
F7D6760E-5F2B-4554-B02C-ABD7ACC7FEDA.jpeg

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
First thing to do might be to verify that the springs are 225's. If they're stiffer than that, the car will sit up higher than if they actually were 225's.

I have a feeling that 8" springs are going to want more rate than 225.

Norm

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I just installed my front coilovers and I have a 2”+ gap between tire and finder. I already had camber plates with sportline springs, so I bought the coilovers and springs separately. Steeda customer service suggested 225lbs springs at 10” because I wanted the same ride height as the sportlines. During the install I called for advice on initial set up and was told to set spring about half way on the threads. When I dropped the car down there was a 3” gap. I backed the spring nut all the way down and it barely changed the ride height about 1/2”. So I am wondering did I need 8” springs or could there be another issue. Any advice is appreciated.
You are going to need the shorter spring for sure if the desired look is similar to sportlines.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thread revival!

Great info and feedback here. I currently have the dual rate handling spring that has a 230#/350# front rate on my track-based car.
I was toying around with the idea of swapping out the front Spring/Strut assembly with a coilover and keeping the rear as-is.

I know this might sound a little unorthodox but hear me out here...

I like how the rear is now and was wondering if I could gain an added advantage in grip with a more aggressive(?) front suspension
set-up. I added a 305 square set up over the off season (are we going to have a season?) and currently running SC2's over the RE-71R
of last season. I still have a few RE's left and a set of Scooby's on stand by but we'll see how the car responds to that. The thought of
having an aggressive coilovover assembly and my standard spring/strut assembly on stand by to swap if I prefer one over the other.

I had a great conversation with Brian from the Steeda mothership the other day and as always he gave me some great feedback but
also mentioned that he was noticing some great progression in the car and driving. So maybe not a great idea?

Has anyone done this with positive results? Can an advantage be had over the dual rates? Thanks for your input all.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I had a great conversation with Brian from the Steeda mothership the other day and as always he gave me some great feedback but also mentioned that he was noticing some great progression in the car and driving. So maybe not a great idea?
Not at all sure what he meant by "great progression".

Norm

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Getting faster. I have a lot of my laps/sessions on youtube.
Got it now.

I was thinking more in terms of how the car's understeer-oversteer balance might be shifting during, say, corner entry.

Norm

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thread revival!

Great info and feedback here. I currently have the dual rate handling spring that has a 230#/350# front rate on my track-based car.
I was toying around with the idea of swapping out the front Spring/Strut assembly with a coilover and keeping the rear as-is.

I know this might sound a little unorthodox but hear me out here...

I like how the rear is now and was wondering if I could gain an added advantage in grip with a more aggressive(?) front suspension
set-up. I added a 305 square set up over the off season (are we going to have a season?) and currently running SC2's over the RE-71R
of last season. I still have a few RE's left and a set of Scooby's on stand by but we'll see how the car responds to that. The thought of
having an aggressive coilovover assembly and my standard spring/strut assembly on stand by to swap if I prefer one over the other.

I had a great conversation with Brian from the Steeda mothership the other day and as always he gave me some great feedback but
also mentioned that he was noticing some great progression in the car and driving. So maybe not a great idea?

Has anyone done this with positive results? Can an advantage be had over the dual rates? Thanks for your input all.
Hi 2morrow, Please pm your contact info and I will go over options with you.
Thank you,
Mike D

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
B365961B-2864-4111-AB48-3453B650744B.jpeg