Status
Not open for further replies.

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
Ground Control S550 Adjustable Right Height Kit

Ground Control Systems is now offering our Adjustable Ride Height Kit for the S550 chassis. This system is designed to work with your stock struts/shocks, as well as most aftermarket dampers. Using custom linear springs, we can include rates to match whatever type of driving you plan to use the car for, modifications already done to suspension, and the different weights of the S550 drivetrain options. Custom spring hats are included to work with OEM upper strut mounts, and camber plates can also be included at a "package" price. Expected ride height adjustment range is stock to -2 inches.

Item in link below.
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=993

For ordering questions, please give us a call or e-mail!

Ground Control Systems, Inc.
530-677-8600
[email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Am wondering would spring rates of your adjustable ride heigth kit be similar to say the pro kit? Or Sportlines? Since you are using Eibach springs.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Am wondering would spring rates of your adjustable ride heigth kit be similar to say the pro kit? Or Sportlines? Since you are using Eibach springs.
I'm curious as well. To get a 'soft' OEM-like front rate the springs would have to be very long (to allow for proper sag whilst not coilbinding) so I'd be surprised if they can match a standard front spring rate while still offering a subtle drop.

If they can this might be a nice setup. That said, I'm also curious if this kit will fit the front struts without cutting the OE lower perches off. Finally, I'd want rubber spring isolators to minimize NVH.

I ran this exact kit on my E46 M3.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious as well. To get a 'soft' OEM-like front rate the springs would have to be very long (to allow for proper sag whilst not coilbinding) so I'd be surprised if they can match a standard front spring rate while still offering a subtle drop.

If they can this might be a nice setup. That said, I'm also curious if this kit will fit the front struts without cutting the OE lower perches off. Finally, I'd want rubber spring isolators to minimize NVH.

Looking at the picture, it appears that you would not have to modify the strut to use this.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Good points. I am wondering how many of these kits have been tested. Any members here in this forum? If they want to give me a decent testing discount I will try it. I have already bought 7 sets of springs I guess another $500 and another alignment is no big deal. :frusty:

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looking at the picture, it appears that you would not have to modify the strut to use this.
Actually no. Unless I am missing something there should be ZERO modification of front struts. What are you seeing that I am not? :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Actually no. Unless I am missing something there should be ZERO modification of front struts. What are you seeing that I am not? :shrug:
I did say 'not' ;)

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hmm, interesting. There is the comment about working with aftermarket dampers and OEM upper spring perches.

I have a Roush/KW kit so any chance you can fit springs to these struts? I don't feel like there is enough front spring compared to the rear with the Roush V3 suspension.

OP
OP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
Correct. You do not have to modify the strut in order to install threaded sleeves. However, we do offer the option if you would like to remove the OE size spring perch. The option to remove the spring perch will get you further adjustment if you wish to go lower. However, this system can include many different front spring lengths to get you to your desired ride height.

s550FR.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
Hmm, interesting. There is the comment about working with aftermarket dampers and OEM upper spring perches.

I have a Roush/KW kit so any chance you can fit springs to these struts? I don't feel like there is enough front spring compared to the rear with the Roush V3 suspension.
The Roush system includes adjustable ride height, correct? If so, are you able to measure the inside diameter on the bottom of the spring? You should be able to swap out the included spring for a linear spring, and purchase our camber plates with a spring hat to match.

Trevor

topramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Base GT
Very interested to see how these perform with Koni shocks/struts. Has anyone tried out this combo?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things...

• How much does this weigh?
  • Is there a limit to the range of spring rates? Like say I wanted 860# in the front and 1100# in the back, would you be able to supply that? This is just an example, don't really want this.
  • Can you adjust this with the springs loaded or would you have unload the suspension to adjust it? How do you lock the height in place once adjusted?
  • How do you address the bump stop? Do you trim it for worst case scenario or is there some other solution for this?

OP
OP

GCSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Mustang GT
Couple of things...

• How much does this weigh?
  • Is there a limit to the range of spring rates? Like say I wanted 860# in the front and 1100# in the back, would you be able to supply that? This is just an example, don't really want this.
  • Can you adjust this with the springs loaded or would you have unload the suspension to adjust it? How do you lock the height in place once adjusted?
  • How do you address the bump stop? Do you trim it for worst case scenario or is there some other solution for this?
The conversion kit weighs roughly 20lbs, and rates from ~300lbs up to ~2000lbs are available. However it may take a few weeks for build time on select rates.

The suspension will need to be at full droop in order to adjust the ride height. There is a set screw on the perch that locks it in place. We also included shortened bumpstops that can be trimmed if needed.

Thanks!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The conversion kit weighs roughly 20lbs, and rates from ~300lbs up to ~2000lbs are available. However it may take a few weeks for build time on select rates.

The suspension will need to be at full droop in order to adjust the ride height. There is a set screw on the perch that locks it in place. We also included shortened bumpstops that can be trimmed if needed.

Thanks!
Is the 20lbs including the springs?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.