Sponsored

Got Rear ended today

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Second accident? Damn if you didn't have bad luck you would have no luck at all.
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
If you would be willing to keep it without diminished value, I'd say keep it regardless. Whatever diminished value you get is how much less its worth NOW because of the repair. Even if you get true diminished value, you break even if you sell it now. The longer you keep it the LESS the repair reduces its value. So, for example, if you kept it until an unrepaired car is worth what you got for diminished value, yours would still be worth more than zero. The difference is all profit plus whatever returns you got on the investment of the diminished value amount..
Yeah - it makes no financial sense to trade it in on another. Just get it fixed and enjoy it.

Totally sucks that this happened - hopefully it will get fixed quickly.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
yea once i get it fixed ill see what happens. maybe i just keep modding it. Who knows maybe if i get some money instead of trading it i get a cobra jet setup :). it was initially my plan for it

Luke5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Glad you're okay. Can't believe they forgot they were pulling the trailer. Is this in Galveston?

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
Glad you're okay. Can't believe they forgot they were pulling the trailer. Is this in Galveston?
it was on la marque tx close sams and walmart before bucces if comming from galveston to houston tx

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
And they probably would. First thing they would ask is if there was a report. Followed by, I didn’t hit his Mustang.
Yea especially if there is no damage to the trailer. I always call the cops to get a report.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
little update: My car is at the shop they should start working on it pretty soon they are still waiting on the Adjuster. Any way im already enjoying the super fun Toyota Camry Rental.
Safe Co is the insurance company he had hopefully they dont start BS about going with aftermarket parts instead of Oem.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
little update: My car is at the shop they should start working on it pretty soon they are still waiting on the Adjuster. Any way im already enjoying the super fun Toyota Camry Rental.
Safe Co is the insurance company he had hopefully they dont start BS about going with aftermarket parts instead of Oem.
After market? Hell no. The parts your client hit were OEM, that's what goes back on it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Aftermarket parts?

Are you getting a different rear bumper cover or spoiler or something?

I’d definitely demand all Ford OEM parts for that repair, decline any aftermarket.

You won’t even be able to tell the car was repaired afterward. They’ll lop off that rear 1/4 at the precise body seams/weld locations and the new panel gets sectioned in exactly how the factory did it.

Take the diminished value $$$ and either bank it (smartest move) or do as you desire by modding (not smartest because if by your luck that car gets a 3rd strike, that mod money is gone like tossing it in the toilet).

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I’d definitely demand all Ford OEM parts for that repair, decline any aftermarket.
Varies by state. Under state law in Massachusetts, you can't demand OEM for cosmetic repairs if the car has more than 20,000 miles on it unless you want to pay the price difference out-of-pocket. You also can't claim diminished value without taking the other party to court.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
i will of corse fight for oem parts. My car has 2,700 miles. On the first repair State farm didnt want to pay for 3 oem parts, Radiator, Fan assembly and Condenser. I payed 366 for the difference. I figured proving a point with a laywer would of been more than 366, But like stated here my car had all original parts so thats what needs to be repaired with.

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP
I really thought you were going to say something about taking your Mustang to your dealership for routine maintenance LOL!

Glad you are OK and especially glad all is well for your wife!!
Sponsored