Got Rear ended today

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
As auto adjuster, I can say your not going to win the battle with a/m vs oe parts. Most insurance contracts specifically allow for the use of like kind and quality parts. You have two ways to get what you want and throwing a tantrum isn't one of them. 1st, see if the shop can price match OE for what they are getting for the a/m. Sometimes if this is a small difference i have paid more for the "a/m" part so shop could price match. The alternative is pay the difference between the parts which obviously not ideal. Make sure the shop goes over any a/m part with a fine tooth comb, any thing that makes it visibly subpar to the oe or has any damage would allow a supplement to oe. I do have to laugh at a forum dedicated to modifying cars getting up in arms about using non oem equipment when that is what most members do when they swap out parts...
Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Also, i know my company guarantees any a/m part for as long as you own it. OE parts generally just have 6 month warranties. On parts like a radiator or fan assy id rather have the longest warranty against failure than having OE

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
As auto adjuster, I can say your not going to win the battle with a/m vs oe parts. Most insurance contracts specifically allow for the use of like kind and quality parts. You have two ways to get what you want and throwing a tantrum isn't one of them. 1st, see if the shop can price match OE for what they are getting for the a/m. Sometimes if this is a small difference i have paid more for the "a/m" part so shop could price match. The alternative is pay the difference between the parts which obviously not ideal. Make sure the shop goes over any a/m part with a fine tooth comb, any thing that makes it visibly subpar to the oe or has any damage would allow a supplement to oe. I do have to laugh at a forum dedicated to modifying cars getting up in arms about using non oem equipment when that is what most members do when they swap out parts...
This is what happened when my 335 was rear-ended a few years ago. The insurance company insisted on aftermarket, the shop argued, lost the argument, and then bought the a/m body parts. They installed the a/m trunk lid, called in the adjuster, showed how they couldn't get the shutlines anywhere close to straight, then got paid to do the remove/install again with an OEM trunk lid (and OEM on all the other parts, which didn't have a/m replacements).

It does help to have a conscientious shop.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Yea you have to do the dance some times but most shops are on board with helping you as it helps them in the end

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
adjuster got little more than 8k on damages all OEM parts. Last time i paid difference on 3 parts but because i didnt want Ford to put up any excuses on any Fix On my car if anything happens to it. right now is mostly body work nothing mechanical.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That actually is a very valid point.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
This is what happened when my 335 was rear-ended a few years ago. The insurance company insisted on aftermarket, the shop argued, lost the argument, and then bought the a/m body parts. They installed the a/m trunk lid, called in the adjuster, showed how they couldn't get the shutlines anywhere close to straight, then got paid to do the remove/install again with an OEM trunk lid (and OEM on all the other parts, which didn't have a/m replacements).

It does help to have a conscientious shop.
The most important thing is your Mrs is ok, evil disease, I am doing a 3 thousand mile trip next year to the US, was planning to go to Dallas, but after reading a few threads on here, maybe I should hire a tank :-(. I can't believe that someone smashes into you, and you have to get aftermarket parts. My old S197 was nearly written off, the insurance bloke come round, took in the damage, and within 3 days the insurance told me the damage is around 8 thousand pounds, they give me the money straight into my bank, and said you repair the car how you want. I added a few bits changed the hood, and have been with this insurance company for 6 years. This happened in the 1st year of my insurance with them. Mind you my car is insured as a Modern day Classic, I ended up with money left over. and it went for knock for knock, the following year was dreading the insurance hike, but only went up £100

8 thousand pounds- $10,434.36
£100 - 130.42
Sponsored